Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-30-2007, 07:24 AM   #1
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Jermaine De La Hoya

I told my brother over the phone:

"As long as Pavlik is close and/or 'in the fight' after 6 rounds (which everyone save the 3 garbage HBO judges and maybe Lampley knew he was), he will win because Taylor always tires out.

Even I didn't think Taylor was going to go out that fast. Jermaine is one of the easiest guys to hit I can remember of any supposedly-excellent fighters of recent memory. Once he got a little fatigued and the speed just slightly dulled, it was 'bombs away' for Pavlik and night-night for Taylor. Ray Charles saw this coming.

Though I can't see Taylor getting any belts back while Pavlik is around, it will be interesting to see how "Bad Decisions" handles this huge KO loss. We'll see what Taylor is made of now, without HBO and bogus judges to bail him out. Should be interesting.
paulfv is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2007, 07:38 AM   #2
ChampionsForever
ESB VIP
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Jermaine De La Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv

"As long as Pavlik is close and/or 'in the fight' after 6 rounds (which everyone save the 3 garbage HBO judges and maybe Lampley knew he was), he will win because Taylor always tires out.

Even I didn't think Taylor was going to go out that fast. Jermaine is one of the easiest guys to hit I can remember of any supposedly-excellent fighters of recent memory. Once he got a little fatigued and the speed just slightly dulled, it was 'bombs away' for Pavlik and night-night for Taylor. Ray Charles saw this coming.

Though I can't see Taylor getting any belts back while Pavlik is around, it will be interesting to see how "Bad Decisions" handles this huge KO loss. We'll see what Taylor is made of now, without HBO and bogus judges to bail him out. Should be interesting.

I really can't see all this "bad decisions" and crooked judges thing at all, If he had the judges all on he's side then why the **** did he fight the best quality fighters out there?? You need to get out more mate.
ChampionsForever is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 07:39 AM   #3
Danny Ocean
My nAmE IS MoNeY
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

get a life old man
Danny Ocean is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 07:40 AM   #4
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 08:28 AM   #5
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 09:22 AM   #6
jrios
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

You talk like it was a Pavlik show through the full 7rds of the fight...don't forget that Pavlik himself almost got stopped in the earlier rounds...If Taylor could crack a little harder I think he could have stopped him...I give Pavlik all the credit in the world for the win and beating the man at 160, but it wasn't a one sided bout.
jrios is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 09:27 AM   #7
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

so..... what does this have to do with oscar?
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 09:28 AM   #8
Drofrah
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 814

Taylor had beat good fighters before this fight, and losing to Pavlik is nothing to be ashamed of
Drofrah is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 09:28 AM   #9
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
so..... what does this have to do with oscar?
In the first post, I said the thing you can always count on with Jermaine, like Oscar, is that he will gas as the fight goes along. So, "Jermaine De La Hoya."
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 09:32 AM   #10
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP

Quote:
In the first post, I said the thing you can always count on with Jermaine, like Oscar, is that he will gas as the fight goes along. So, "Jermaine De La Hoya."
wow witty
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 10:10 AM   #11
Danny Ocean
My nAmE IS MoNeY
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
the best shout a 35year old could come up with is this
Danny Ocean is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 10:13 AM   #12
Oscar de la Roa
I'm THE lightweight champ
ESB Senior Member

yes yes dlh gases out, ask quartey.....
Oscar de la Roa is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 10:16 AM   #13
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

After Pavlik was knocked down, I thought he was going to get stopped. But when he weathered the storm, I knew Taylor was in for a tough fight. Pavlik has been knocked down early before, but always gets stronger as the fight goes on.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 10:20 AM   #14
ChampionsForever
ESB VIP
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Taylor has to be the most hated boxer for the most pathetic reason. Im telling you guys if every champion fought the same level of fighters Taylor did in each fight then the sport would be ****ing shining. It would be like if Calzaghe faced Nigel Benn, Roy Jones,Bernard Hopkins and then Tito when he was in hes prime.

Anybody who thinks HBO bought the judges or somebody paid whoever else for him to win those fights is a ****ing retard through and through. It would be the worst plan ever, instead of making him fight easy guys he could look good against and gain popularity and $$$ from lets make him fight tricky boring WORLD CLASS elite fighters and buy off the judges.....yeah thats a better plan.

Dumbasses
ChampionsForever is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum