Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-30-2007, 01:55 PM   #1
fightfanatic1
Fight Junkie
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Berto

The JT/Pavlik fight was a great fight and fun to discuss this morning but what about Berto/Estrada??

that fight was competitive for most of the fight. Also Berto was able to handle the shots he did take with little signs of going down or even being really hurt.

He *Berto* put some nice combinations together and did some awsome body work in this fight and truly looked "good" as a fighter in this one. I used to think Berto was too in love with his power and wanted to come in a KO everyone really quick. But in this fight he took his time and slowly broke down Estrada like a seasoned vet.

Props to Berto on a really good win.
fightfanatic1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
EspadaYdaga
Journeyman

Default Re: Berto

Koki Kameda

Last edited by EspadaYdaga; 09-08-2011 at 06:45 PM.
EspadaYdaga is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 02:04 PM   #3
fightfanatic1
Fight Junkie
ESB Jr Member

what didn't you like about him?

i thought he could have looked better by getting a KO in the early rounds, but i don't think that is what Berto needed going foward. He needed to learn that there are guys out there who will be able to take your punch and you need to learn to break them down over the long haul. And that is exactly what he did. I thought he had a good fight plan, came in and executed it very well.

plus it was a fairly entertaining fight.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:11 PM   #4
EspadaYdaga
Journeyman

There were no obvious weaknesses, he looked a very good fighter. I was just suprised to see Estrada getting the better of him in some of the early exchanges, given the way the Sky "pundits" talked him up.

I will be interested to see where they go from here in a very competetive division. Estrada is a decent fighter, there is no point in fighting any donkeys from here. His next couple of fights will give us an idea of whether this guy is potential p4p top 10.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:17 PM   #5
fightfanatic1
Fight Junkie
ESB Jr Member

i agree. he should fight someone a notch up for his next fight. Which of course will be a good fighter. But Berto took too many left hooks during this fight and his D isn't quite ready for championship fights yet but he is young and developing nicely.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:22 PM   #6
EspadaYdaga
Journeyman

I thought he looked a bit naive in the early rounds, and actually looked a bit shaken by some of the shots. Probably too eager to impress. Not a huge problem, but it showed his inexperience. Not ready for any of the big guns at welter yet.

If he really wants to make a name for himself he should fight Zab Judah next. A big name that is well past his best. Could see him winning that comfortably.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:29 PM   #7
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Berto/Estrada was a great undercard, that Berto is one hell of a sharp puncher and he did great body work as well.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 09-30-2007, 02:30 PM   #8
Danny Ocean
My nAmE IS MoNeY
ESB Senior Member

haha people said his chin was glass etc and he put a awesome body combo punching performance
Danny Ocean is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum