Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2007, 02:37 PM   #46
victorhugo4222
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Greenock, Scotland
Posts: 753
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Question for scottish posters, & NO ONE else, regarding Ricky Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
In my eyes Dunky is representative of the whole of Scotland
achilles you are so wrong!!! yeah i respect dunkys opinion more than i respect yours or any other poser on here but he doesnt represent all of scotland on here. for an instance he doesntr likie hatton were i know for a fact 90% of scottish posters. including me. not only like but folow hatton and want him yo win not only against PBFA btu anyone but6 against a scottish opponent.
victorhugo4222 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2007, 08:55 PM   #47
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,038
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Question for scottish posters, & NO ONE else, regarding Ricky Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike
Well put it this way, most English people I know would support a Scottish fighter and most English TV etc talks about the home nations even in team sports. You do not get the fanatical anti Scottish or Anti Welsh support here in the way you do with Anti England in either of those respective nations.

Look at the support Andy Murray gets at Wimbledon. Hardly cast aside as a "Scot" is he?
Look at how the views of Alan Hansen are given so much respect on Match of the Day and this paranoia about an anti Scottish conspiracy is clearly misplaced.

And the fact that everyone on the site could watch the Arthur links except for you is a tad too convenient.
well, if thats the case, please direct these people you know onto ESB, I would love to talk to them!

As for those lovely english TV presenters, check out Richard keys on Youtube talking about the Scotland v Faroe Islands game recently when he didnt realise his mic was still switched on, I would post the link, but some of them dont work properly here as I found to my cost

Then theres Andy. our Andy. Britains Andy. That was until he said he would like to be referred to as scottish instaed of British, & he got death threats from dear old mother Englands inhabitants.

then theres Alen Hansen, a guy who refers to England us 'us' time & time again when hes punditing, & as a player used any excuse not to ply for his country. is it any surprise english people accept him as on of their own? well is it?

But hey, what am I doing daring to discuss these issues? For I am but a paranoid deluded individual who imagines it all in his big scottish head... hell, I must even be imagining London syphoning money out of Scotland to fund their ****ed up olympic bid!

the last sentence was a bit petty I know, but Im a petty bastard you see
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:07 PM   #48
Healy
Former Wee Poof
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 75
Default Re: Question for scottish posters, & NO ONE else, regarding Ricky Hatton.

BORKED


First time i saw that, 'silly little ground'
Healy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 11:07 PM   #49
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,038
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Question for scottish posters, & NO ONE else, regarding Ricky Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healy
BORKED


First time I saw that, 'silly little ground'
the link doesnt work healy, but these englanders tried to make me out a liar for pointing out that not all YT links work here but thats not your argument, so I will leave it at that, & wait for the doubters to apologize

As if!

These characters are too proud for that kinda shit Healy, so I have to play them just right to avoid hurting their fragile egos

See what I have to deal with in here on a day to day basis as the resident Hatton hater Healy? its a tough job!
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 11:28 PM   #50
rooq
...
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 6,250
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Question for scottish posters, & NO ONE else, regarding Ricky Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
Then theres Andy. our Andy. Britains Andy. That was until he said he would like to be referred to as scottish instaed of British, & he got death threats from dear old mother Englands inhabitants.
did he really get death threats? i think all of the home nations have there fair share of idiots.

but like strike said, plenty of english would support a scottish fighter in an international contest. i'd also back the scottish football team as long as they weren't playing england.
rooq is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:44 AM   #51
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SE Asia, via Scotland
Posts: 2,862
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Question for scottish posters, & NO ONE else, regarding Ricky Hatton.

'I'm joost back from the poob and a game o darts an a pint of Boddingtons with me mates, I beat Kostya Tszyu and Castillo you know, and Mexicans loove me style...joost like Gatti or Chavez. Did I mention I tought Tszyu?........'
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:56 AM   #52
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Question for scottish posters, & NO ONE else, regarding Ricky Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhugo4222
achilles you are so wrong!!! yeah i respect dunkys opinion more than i respect yours or any other poser on here but he doesnt represent all of scotland on here. for an instance he doesntr likie hatton were i know for a fact 90% of scottish posters. including me. not only like but folow hatton and want him yo win not only against PBFA btu anyone but6 against a scottish opponent.
I'm only joking. I like Dunky but his opinion is so unbelievably bias that it has no real worth.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:14 AM   #53
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,805
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Question for scottish posters, & NO ONE else, regarding Ricky Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty

then theres Alen Hansen, a guy who refers to England us 'us' time & time again when hes punditing, & as a player used any excuse not to ply for his country. is it any surprise english people accept him as on of their own? well is it?
Hansen didn't play more often for Scotland because he wasn't picked not because he couldn't be arsed. At the time Aberdeen had 2 decent centre halves, neither of which as a good as Hansen, but they were picked because they were an established pairing who played together week in ,week out. There was also the feeling that Hansen was being discriminated against beacause he played for an English club but that can't really be proved one way or the other.

BTW Dunks you should really put the record straight on 'Somberogate', fairs fair.....

Last edited by GazOC; 09-30-2007 at 12:09 PM.
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:18 AM   #54
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,805
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Question for scottish posters, & NO ONE else, regarding Ricky Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq
did he really get death threats? i think all of the home nations have there fair share of idiots.
.
This is a half truth from Dunky.......It was not over Murray wanting to be know as Scottish at all, England were playing in the World Cup and Murray did an interview where he said the hoped the other side would win (ie. any other side). Not really the sort of thing to deserve a death threat and he is entitled to his opinion but a bit naive from a PR point of view. I know I want the lanky ****er to win **** all in his career because of it.

Last edited by GazOC; 09-30-2007 at 12:57 PM.
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:03 PM   #55
Beatboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 1,470
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Question for scottish posters, & NO ONE else, regarding Ricky Hatton.

Hey Dunky

Well the reason i like Hatton despite being Scottish is for reasons others have stated like he seems like a good guy comes across as being good natured easy going likeable etc plus, especially earlier on in his career his fights were exciting with his all action body assault being the highlight

the other reason is ive always rooted against england in team sports such as football and rugby but ive always seen the england scotland rivalry in a rangers and celtic light: a fierce rivalry where you always want to see the opposing team lose and take great joy and delight when they do but in that sense i have never hated or disliked anyone for being a rangers fan because i follow Celtic: i like or dislike them on the basis of their personality not by which team they support

boxing is an individual sport...whilst i support the scottish national team due to my scottish identity and celtic due to my close proximity to celtic park and my family i rarely follow fighters on the basis of their nationality its more to do with their style and whether their personality appeals...the fact that Hatton is english does not make me like or dislike him its actions inside and outside the ring that decide that
Beatboxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:15 PM   #56
Beatboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 1,470
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Question for scottish posters, & NO ONE else, regarding Ricky Hatton.

Ive just read some of the other comments in this thread

it ain't a one way rivalry with england and Scotland thats for sure

anyone see Linekers reaction to Scotland beating ****ing France in the Parc de Prince ? or should i say total lack of reaction ?

"heres the rest of the results from around Europe and Scotland managed to hang to a 0-1 win over France"... then nothing...

can you imagine if that sorry excuse for the disgraceful overpaid pampererd couldn't even beat Lichenstein convincingly mob from down south managed to beat a team not beaten in their own patch in a qualifier for 7 years ?

the images i could put forth wouldn't do it justice...Linekers smirk....Lawrensons smug analysis...more "pinch yourself plzzzz" from Motson...

nah this generation of england football fans might not loath and despise scotland like generations past in the same vain as Rangers and Celtic hate each other no they are INDIFFERENT with the absence of the old home internationals coupled with the fact that we have not had quite the success of by gone eras

that era has ended...Scotland are one of the fastest up and coming football nations on the planet and if we played England with that muppet in charge and the WAG culture surrounding your sorry excuse for a football team we beat you home and away...

so Lineker ignore for now when we end your hopes at a major tournament without the need for a penalty shootout you won't be able to dismiss like Keys there any longer
Beatboxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:40 PM   #57
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,805
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Question for scottish posters, & NO ONE else, regarding Ricky Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatboxer
that era has ended...Scotland are one of the fastest up and coming football nations on the planet
Only because of how low you'd sunk in the first place. Most England fans would prefer playing a good Scotland side to 90% of the meaningless friendlies we play these days but there are never 3 decent teams in the Home Nations let alone 4 unfortuneatly.
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:03 PM   #58
"TKO"
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,707
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Question for scottish posters, & NO ONE else, regarding Ricky Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatboxer
so Lineker ignore for now when we end your hopes at a major tournament without the need for a penalty shootout you won't be able to dismiss like Keys there any longer
Don't you need to actually qualify for one first?
"TKO" is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:37 PM   #59
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,038
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Question for scottish posters, & NO ONE else, regarding Ricky Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
Hansen didn't play more often for Scotland because he wasn't picked not because he couldn't be arsed. At the time Aberdeen had 2 decent centre halves, neither of which as a good as Hansen, but they were picked because they were an established pairing who played together week in ,week out. There was also the feeling that Hansen was being discriminated against beacause he played for an English club but that can't really be proved one way or the other.

BTW Dunks you should really put the record straight on 'Somberogate', fairs fair.....
believe it or not, hansen was honking when he pueeld on a blue jersey! Great for Liverpool, crap for Scotland. Dont ask me why, some players are just like that. Brian McClair for instance. Great for Celtic & Man U, terrible for Scotland.

Anyway. onto 'sombrerogate' look. I would just love to finish this argument once & for all, wether I was proved to be right, or wrong. However, what can a man do when the damn links dont work? I have been called a liar & all sorts of hurtful stuff because of 'sombrerogate' & I would love closure. But thanks to a cruel twist of fate, those damn links didnt work, & still dont

Just my bloody bad luck I suppose Gaz
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:21 PM   #60
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,805
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Question for scottish posters, & NO ONE else, regarding Ricky Hatton.



Damn those pesky links!!!!
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013