Old 12-02-2008, 01:52 PM   #31
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Czech heavy weight Ondrej Pala

Quote:
Originally Posted by koraytyson
Airich is dangereous man for Sinan. However, Sinan's time moves fast. I do not think he has any chance a getting top spot for World Championship. So, Ahmet Oner thinks like me and he want to use Sinan for his other guys who has talents and is prospect for next generations. Sinan must choose his selection. He may retire or can fight against his stable mates for their career like a sparring partner, veteran.
Airich is no talent nor a prospect nor a rising shooting star.He is an extremely limited fighter with a decent punch.He is no way plays in Virchis' or Sam Peter's dimension.
Airich vs Sinan doesnt make any sense at all. Why the hell should Sinan fight this totally unknown and clumsy stable mate for little money.
Kretschman is a far more attractive option IMO.
Odo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2008, 11:07 AM   #32
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

On yesterday's fight card in the Czech Republic's capital Praha Ondrej Pala won by way of tko in round 11 against his Dutch foe Duiven.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2009, 03:06 PM   #33
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

According to the news the young Czech heavy weight warrior will appear on the undercard of Kretschman vs Bakhtov on march the 6th. His opponent will be Arena's big puncher among its young heavy weight guns,Konstantin Aurich.
Pala already fought on an arena fight event a couple of months ago.Back then he beat Henry Akinwande on Turkish soil.
Aurich surely has a puncher's chance against Pala.However,Aurich is tailor made for Pala:slow,one-dimensional,predictable.Pala is without any doubt the naturally more gifted fighter of this pair.
Props to Arena promotion and its boss Oener.They certainly match their boys very toughly.
Aurich vs Pala
Kretschman vs Bakhtov
Oral vs Jantuah

All aforementioned fights can really go either way.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2009, 09:04 AM   #34
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ondrej Pala is scheduled to appear on a fight show in Turkey,Istanbul,july 11th.
The fight event will be promoted by Arena Box Promotion(Ahmet Oener).
According to the news Pala will face durable American heavy weight Robert Hawkins(who almost beat David Tua and who went the full route with Sam Peter).
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2009, 10:40 AM   #35
kostya by ko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Robert Hawkins has been in with some quality opposition in his day.
He beat Dominique Guinn I think.
kostya by ko is offline  Top
Old 06-22-2009, 06:24 PM   #36
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostya by ko View Post
Robert Hawkins has been in with some quality opposition in his day.
He beat Dominique Guinn I think.
Yes,he did!

I didnt know that he also had a very close fight with Eddy Chambers.

Not really sure but i have a hunch that Pala -in case he is victorious over Hawkins-will get a shot at the winner of Sinan Samil Sam vs Paolo Vidoz
Odo is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #37
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

According to the news Pala is scheduled to fight a Hungarian no-hoper on the 23rd of sept and courageous German-Scot Zellen on the 30th of oct.
Both fights will take place in the Czech Republic's bewitching capital Praha.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2009, 12:30 PM   #38
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pala scored a unanimous point decision over former Ukranian amateur star Mazikin on the undercard of Aurich vs Cisse Salif.
Mazikin proved to be a tough nut to crack and offered stiff resistance till the end of the very last round of their encounter.
Pala didnt have an easy time and failed to impress and win a lot of new fans.Nevertheless,he defeated another tough opponent!
The promising Czech heavy is still a very young fighter.He is in no race against time.
I am not really sure,but I think that he has signed a kind of contract with Arena Box Promotion and its represetant Ahmet Oener.
I would love to see him fight Samil San or Arena's protected Turkish fighter Saglam. I for one think that Pala is skilled and tough enough to beat both of them at this stage of his career.He will never be a serious threat to the small handful of present elite fighters like the Klitschko brothers,but he deserves bigger fights with bigger paychecks IMO.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2009, 06:40 AM   #39
GStalker
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Pala will most probably demolish Saglam, who is a street brawler in fact. Mazikin is no pushover so that was a nice win on Ondrej's behalf.
GStalker is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2009, 09:09 AM   #40
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GStalker View Post
Pala will most probably demolish Saglam, who is a street brawler in fact. Mazikin is no pushover so that was a nice win on Ondrej's behalf.
Yep! Good scalp,but his problem is that he has defeated guys like Akinwande,Aurich,and Mazikin and still hasnt make a lot of noise in the more important markets like Germany or the USA.
Mazikin and Aurich are hardly known outside the small circle of us fight fans.
Pala needs a known American name in front of his fists.
A shot Rid**** Bowe or Ray Mercer are better opponents in terms of Pala's future markebility than another tough but relatively unknown cookie like Bakhtov.
Pala needs tv exposure and a big bang which makes people aware that there is a new young gun in the town.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 07:26 AM   #41
GStalker
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Cool Re: Czech heavy weight Ondrej Pala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
A shot Rid**** Bowe or Ray Mercer are better opponents in terms of Pala's future markebility than another tough but relatively unknown cookie like Bakhtov.
I disagree with this particular statement. Bakhtov is a world-ranked fighter, so the victory over him will most probably put Pala to the ranks if his team will do him a favour long due. Mercer and Bowe are too damn old and shot to be noticed even in America. Maybe it'll be a better move to re-locate himself to one of American gyms to train there and to get a taste of real boxing.
GStalker is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 10:37 PM   #42
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Yep! Good scalp,but his problem is that he has defeated guys like Akinwande,Aurich,and Mazikin and still hasnt make a lot of noise in the more important markets like Germany or the USA.
Mazikin and Aurich are hardly known outside the small circle of us fight fans.
Pala needs a known American name in front of his fists.
Pala needs tv exposure and a big bang which makes people aware that there is a new young gun in the town.
Bowe only figths once every 2-3 years agaisnt opponents who are clinically dead.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #43
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
Bowe only figths once every 2-3 years agaisnt opponents who are clinically dead.

Bowe and Mercer would be no matches for Pala,but both Americans still have very recognisable names.
I disagree with stalker. Pala will move up in the ranks anyway with a powerful promoter behind his back.
At this point of time Bakhtov plays in a totally different dimension than the abovementioned two old geezers,but.........who outside us circle of hardcore fans has ever heard of him.
No one in the states says: Hey,Pala,isnt he the guy who beat Mazikin,or Aurich?
Nigerian heavy weight Olokoun has enhanced his name recognition tremendously by beating Lamon Brewster.
Admittingly,Brewster is still a far better fighter than Bowe and Mercer at this stage of their careers.
Nevertheless,fighting someone like Bowe stands for high reward,and little risk whereas Bakhtov stands for high risk,little reward.

I for my part tend to think that Bowe and Mercer,as shot as they are,are still very known names over there in the states.

A powerful promoter and good matchmaking are the alpha and omega of this business.Ray Austin will meet Maskaev in an eliminator.
Damn! Austin who hasnt done **** to deserve an eliminator fight.I am absolutely positive that Pala can beat him.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2009, 12:23 AM   #44
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Bowe and Mercer would be no matches for Pala,but both Americans still have very recognisable names.
I disagree with stalker. Pala will move up in the ranks anyway with a powerful promoter behind his back.
At this point of time Bakhtov plays in a totally different dimension than the abovementioned two old geezers,but.........who outside us circle of hardcore fans has ever heard of him.
No one in the states says: Hey,Pala,isnt he the guy who beat Mazikin,or Aurich?
Nigerian heavy weight Olokoun has enhanced his name recognition tremendously by beating Lamon Brewster.
Admittingly,Brewster is still a far better fighter than Bowe and Mercer at this stage of their careers.
Nevertheless,fighting someone like Bowe stands for high reward,and little risk whereas Bakhtov stands for high risk,little reward.

I for my part tend to think that Bowe and Mercer,as shot as they are,are still very known names over there in the states.

A powerful promoter and good matchmaking are the alpha and omega of this business.Ray Austin will meet Maskaev in an eliminator.
Damn! Austin who hasnt done **** to deserve an eliminator fight.I am absolutely positive that Pala can beat him.
I agree on all counts, I was just having some fun at Bowe's expense.

Pala seems to have a folk hero type rep due to the tough losses, I hope he can build on that. Mercer will fight anyone and that is a very makable fight.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #45
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
I agree on all counts, I was just having some fun at Bowe's expense.

Pala seems to have a folk hero type rep due to the tough losses, I hope he can build on that. Mercer will fight anyone and that is a very makable fight.
Pala is truly a teak tough cookie,a classical underdog.
No flashy or flamboyant character nor a very marketable fighter.An average worker from the factory around the next corner,a mediocre Joe Smith.
Thats why I like him,and thats why I like fighters like Virchis.
Not the most gifted guys out there,but they give it a try to earn some bucks and make a living.
Besides I have a weak spot for the Czech Republic.Have lived there-off and on-for quite a long time.
Odo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum