David the
Fat Bastard
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Interview with PrimeTime executive- Long Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNERS_2009 View Post

Primetime TV is a joint venture between Portland TV and Queensbury Media

Help me out please,Ive probably got this totally wrong,(more than likely) but isnt Queensbury Frank ******s new company after Calzahge ballsed up Franks Sports Network

Frank and Mick together? cant be right, can it?
David the is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2009, 05:21 PM   #32
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

cant see toprank doing a deal when they no there is Mayweather vs Pacquiao next year. that fight alone is probably worth half of what the setanta deal was to sky.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #33
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
cant see toprank doing a deal when they no there is Mayweather vs Pacquiao next year. that fight alone is probably worth half of what the setanta deal was to sky.
Thats no deal breaker, they could just draw up contracts with exemptions for certain fights or fighters.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #34
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

What a load of shit, saying that it was pirated. The reason 9 times more people watched it than paid for it is because they didn't encrypt it and I & plenty of other people were able to watch it completely free on their TV channel.
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #35
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

primetime should make decent cash if they could simply air what HBO is. HBO don't air here. If they let primetime air just the boxing, they'd make good money. Same with showtime. Air that and charge us £5 per show. We'd be getting conned but I'd pay a fiver to watch each HBO show.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2009, 10:26 PM   #36
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by threethirteen View Post
Oh Dunky, seriously: shut up. Do you post anything positive on these forums, you grumpy jock? You could respond to the point of the thread, that someone is making an effort to show decent fights in the UK, but you’d rather extend on your hate for a guy who, unlike Alex Arthur or Scott Harrison, has tried to use their talent to achieve something.
You got a point, I probably am a bit too grumpy concerning this fight.

Its just that I KNOW Haye is gonna win this fight without breaking sweat, & Haye has done such a great job of making that big mug Valuev look like some kind of 7 foot monster in the build up...

Hayes a smart man. He knows hes going to win & has been talking up Valuev from day one, to make himself look great when he wins, & I applaud Haye for that. Hes a smart guy.

Its just all the fanboy bullshit thats gonna start when Haye wins, its gonna be Hatton-Tszyu all over again.

THATS why this jock is moaning, I been reading this forum for years, & know whats coming. Out of control hype. "Hayes the best on the planet, he would beat Vitali & Wlad right now, prime Haye vs Prime Holyfield style threads all cos hes going to beat big slow non-punching Valuev!

Its enough to make this seasoned old ESB campaigner tear his hear out in frustration, but I know whats coming.

So fingers in ears & close eyes, thats my orders to anyone else here who can see through the bullshit & see this fight for what it is. Cos the din on this forums gonna be deafening when Haye wins... For the reasons I explained above.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2009, 05:19 AM   #37
threethirteen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Most boxing fans don't remember past any fighter's last fight. Haye's a good business man and the whole point is to put himself in a better position to negotiate with the K brothers.

I hope he beats Valuev, because the guy's been a blight on the HW division, nice bloke though he is. I also think Haye does have the intangibles and the ability to fight to a game-plan that would make him dangerous against either Klit brother.

But you're right - it will be a blood letting of both "HAYE ATG" and "HAY OVERHYPED BUM" threads. That's the wonder of ESB.
threethirteen is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2009, 06:56 AM   #38
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900

Either Sky or if Primetime, if need to fill time in between bouts for future shows, the below type of discussion i.e. on the upcoming fights etc would be great.

In fact, a Saturday morning (free to air) show that reviews the Friday night fights, upcoming Saturday night fights and topical issues. i.e. a bit like the Jimmy Hill breakfast football show, but for boxing....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArB-GoJXpDc&feature=related[/ame]
gasman is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2009, 07:09 AM   #39
PrideOfWales
Winston Zedmore
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNERS_2009 View Post
Yes, definitely. Talks are happening at the moment on that. But to go back to that 1263 (laughs when he says the number!) that some people talk about, that was just some people making a joke. I don’t know how they got that - it was a ridiculous number. We did more than that (1263) online, with no marketing.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

PrideOfWales is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum