Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-01-2007, 09:12 AM   #31
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900
Default Re: some people are acting as if the 2nd round didn't happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragosuhail
yeah so what? i admit i was shocked. but shocked because i could not believe taylor punched that hard, or that pavlik had a bad chin. at the time i thought pavlik simply had a god awful chin but in replay taylor threw his whole body into those punches.

the moment pavlik got to his feet and started to tie taylor up, i could see his amazing recovery ability in effect and more, his maturity. he didn't panic which is impressive.

once he was standing for a good 30 seconds i knew he would only get stronger again. and more importantly taylor's mental resovle would evaporate...

why? cause taylor always said he was in it for the money. that to me says "take the most money for least ressistance". now while he fought HOF fighters. they weren't exactly the power punching type. so he was safe in that he could make money while never risking his health.

THAT is why i knew he was nervous against pavlik. might not have been a name. but boy, when you have a fighter in front of ya who loves getting in the trenches, and has great power to boot AND stamina. you know your night is not going to be a neat and tidy affair

i was confident in a pavlik ko in the 3rd round when pavlik put the pressure on again despite the awful round prior.

taylor simply cannot go to the trenches. he tried. oh how he tried. but he simply isn't built for it.

anyway. you can try and find some comfort from your wrong prediction by putting up threads like these, but the question can easily apply to you too, when taylor got buzzed on a couple occassions.
you know, i'm not even going to bother reading all of that, but i can tell you love me, or why else would you write an essay just for my sake?
Relentless is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2007, 11:12 AM   #32
surreal deal
Liverpool via Krypton
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: some people are acting as if the 2nd round didn't happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe
It was most comparable to Judah vs Cotto.

Judah and Taylor are a little below their opponents level. But with a high workrate, they can be on top for several rounds. This ultimately leads to their downfall.

They aren't really being truly competitive, they are just knackering themselves out. The snaps goes, then they get dominated.
agreed.they go flat out to stay competitive for a while.certainly judah.
surreal deal is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum