Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-29-2009, 07:42 PM   #16
hit me HARDER

vCash:
Default Re: Haye on Channel 4 now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post

you've been watching too many YT clips, not a chance of him being bigger then Hamed let alone Bruno or Hatton, just different times, the fact that only a few thousand will be able to see him is a very hard hurdle to get over in the cross over stakes.

Btw Hatton was a unique case, no fighter will be as big as him without that terestrial exposure.
Youtube clips? I don't follow mate honestly. I was just meaning globally as a British boxing celeb if he wins the (or A) World Heavyweight Title.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2009, 07:43 PM   #17
hit me HARDER

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideOfWales View Post
Not as much as this kid:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

He's cooler than Mr Haye!
Hahahaha cheers mate, nice one for cutting off the bottom half of the pic (where my suspenders were) & saving my blushes.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:59 PM   #18
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by hit me HARDER View Post
Youtube clips? I don't follow mate honestly. I was just meaning globally as a British boxing celeb if he wins the (or A) World Heavyweight Title.
fair enough mate.

just imagine the figures if this fight was primetime on terestrial...Haye would've become a big mainstream star in just one fight. Boxing is the only sport where its biggest events are targeted at such a limited audience.

its really a miracle how its survived at this rate. Can you imagine all the big tennis, motorracing etc moments being PPV? those sports would die in a instant. Heck snookers dead and it gets plenty of terestrial air time.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2009, 08:01 PM   #19
hit me HARDER

vCash:

Do you think the Yanks would be quicker to gravitate to him as a Black Heavyweight Champ in comparison to the Kilts? Or they'd still be anti-Haye due to him being a Brit?
Old 10-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #20
Squire
Never Truly Lost
ESB Addict

vCash: 7213

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
fair enough mate.

just imagine the figures if this fight was primetime on terestrial...Haye would've become a big mainstream star in just one fight. Boxing is the only sport where its biggest events are targeted at such a limited audience.

its really a miracle how its survived at this rate. Can you imagine all the big tennis, motorracing etc moments being PPV? those sports would die in a instant. Heck snookers dead and it gets plenty of terestrial air time.
its a pretty shit state of affairs. boxing has crazy potential, but its laughable that it is only potential after being a sport for such a long time

Quote:
Do you think the Yanks would be quicker to gravitate to him as a Black Heavyweight Champ in comparison to the Kilts? Or they'd still be anti-Haye due to him being a Brit?
a black brit vs a white 'russian'

its an interesting point
Squire is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2009, 08:13 PM   #21
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
They would not get behind him as much as a us fighter but i think they would take to him to an extent as he is the type of fighter the public over there love bar his british roots.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #22
hit me HARDER

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydersonthestorm View Post
They would not get behind him as much as a us fighter but i think they would take to him to an extent as he is the type of fighter the public over there love bar his british roots.
I'd imagine Haye to be quite 'pro American' in interviews too if he does become champ & have some big paydays in Vegas etc.

He's a shrewd businessman by the looks of it & would want to keep all aspects of his target audience happy.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum