Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-03-2009, 06:45 AM   #16
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664
Default Re: ************ The Official David Haye Heavyweight Champion of the World Thread****

Unfortunately, i'm with Jeff on this...I just think that Valuev is going to be too big for Haye. We all know, especially after the Holyfield fiasco, that outboxing the giant isn't going to be good enough to get the win, he will have to KO the beast, and I just don't see it happening
icemax is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2009, 06:50 AM   #17
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841
Default Re: ************ The Official David Haye Heavyweight Champion of the World Thread****

Gooooooooooo Wonderrrrpets!!!!!!!
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 06:57 AM   #18
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas View Post
He goes abroad, fights established champions and ducks nobody. Plus he can punch and go down himself.

A real warrior.

I'm pumped about this weekend and I want him to win this big time.

Can he do it?
Yes he can and i think in style aswell. I think this is the fight David needs and he will put on a performance for the ages...i just got a feeling about this. He loves this type of fight...look at the Mormeck fight and the Enzo fight....he loves the pressure.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 07:01 AM   #19
MattMattMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I see one of two things happening, and it all depends on Haye's stamina. I thikn he will either he will gas and lose in a similar fashion to the Thompson loss, but with a couple of added knockdowns (estimate of round 9) or his stamina will hold up and he will thoroughly outclass Valuev and get the mercy stoppage around round 10. I don't see a clean KO at all, I'm still torn between whether Haye can stop him or wether it will go 12.
MattMattMatt is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 07:05 AM   #20
safc1990
Goodbye Bolo :(
ESB Addict

vCash: 2952

Really hope Haye does it, however I get a feeling another robbery will take place if it goes for 12 rounds.
safc1990 is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 07:06 AM   #21
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

I can see Valuev's corner pulling him out at some point.

Haye can't miss that gigantic potato head.
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 07:08 AM   #22
pathmanc1986
Belt holder
ESB Addict

i hope haye wins too, you make a good point jeff that haye, for all the crap surrounding him, brings it with everything hes got every time he fights

this fight has the casuals drawn in and if haye wins he will be a superstar. he could do that mand with ruiz in the 02 and then fight wlad in vegas or in a football stadium.

i was thinking too that valuev will be just too big for haye, but im thinking back to how slow valuev looked and the man isnt getting any younger. haye needs to be almost constantly moving to his right popping him with the jab, giving quick flashy combos and 4/5 big scoring rights per round. its a big ask, and as some have pointed out getting the decision in germany is not going to be easy. just a thought though, if don kings involved in some way, dont you think he will reckon haye could make him a lot of $$$$ in the US?
pathmanc1986 is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 07:16 AM   #23
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathmanc1986 View Post
just a thought though, if don kings involved in some way, dont you think he will reckon haye could make him a lot of $$$$ in the US?
I was thinking this as well and I think that, if it does go to points, Haye won't be robbed and we might see a correct and fair set of scorecards as King has vested interests in both fighters. I expect that this time Germany will see some fair scoring. Can you imagine if Valuev was robbed?

I don't see this going to points, though. Haye is going to take Valuev into deep water and I fully expect him to break a few of Valuev's ribs. Valuev has stated openly that he doesn't like boxing and I think he might even quit on his stool later in the fight.
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 07:27 AM   #24
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Haye takes him out.

Valuev just isn't as good as people are making him out to be. Yes, the size will be a problem in the first couple of rounds, but once Haye gets adjusted to it, his greater boxing ability and brain, couped with his power and speed will take Valuev out, and I think it will be early - possibly the 4th round. Haye is going to shock the world!
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 07:30 AM   #25
izmat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Haye will beat him if he fights smart but I don't think Valuev is getting knocked out.
Have you seen the size of the guys head?
izmat is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #26
Govanmauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAC View Post
I can see Valuev's corner pulling him out at some point.

Haye can't miss that gigantic potato head.

Thats my pick !
Govanmauler is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 08:24 AM   #27
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

If Haye knocked Valuev out it would surely be a highlight reel stoppage and an iconic one.

I'm PRAYING for the Hayemaker but can't see it happening. He will be met with strong resistance on the chin front, will tire out and get pulled out between 5-8 IMO.

COME ON HAYE!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S an avatar change in support of the man is in order. Hope Zak forgives me.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 08:30 AM   #28
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Haye to Win. RSF 9th round

For once (with me getting so many others right - Apart from Moore) people will begin to take note of my predictions
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 08:32 AM   #29
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
If Haye knocked Valuev out it would surely be a highlight reel stoppage and an iconic one.
I can't actually comprehend what that would look like...how does a 7'2" man fall over...it has to be in stages because otherwise he would do himself a serious injury. **** , be like falling out of an upstairs window head first
icemax is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 08:37 AM   #30
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
I can't actually comprehend what that would look like...how does a 7'2" man fall over...it has to be in stages because otherwise he would do himself a serious injury. **** , be like falling out of an upstairs window head first
EXACTLY! I feel it'd probably be like when Foreman was dropped by Ali; more of a stumble, with his glove touching down first. Unlike Foreman, Valuev has a much bigger bulk to lift off the ground and won't be able to do so.

As I say, can't see Haye stopping him. Greg made a good point about Mosley-Margarito, but unlike Mosley Haye doesn't have the chin to stay in there, nor the stamina to keep up such a constant offence (and therefore breaking Valuevs chin on accumulation)

I hope Haye can show us something new. Based on observation, Valuev. But I'm rooting for Haye more than I have any fighter I think, just because this match is such a difficult one for someone as vulnerable as he (even though I regard Valuev as a non-puncher)
Flea Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum