Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 09-07-2009, 01:13 AM   #61
dwkfym

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The boxing equipment thread

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I'll keep this short.
Fight Gear Bomber Headgear (aka Blue Bomber)

I wanted something that actually provided good protection from impacts (not just cuts) and that covered a bit of my cheeks. But the most important thing I wanted out of a headgear was decent visibility.

This headgear does it all. It especially protects well against top-of-the-head shots. The cheek pads do alright, but I routinely receive a punch that came through them onto my eye.

Im going to repeat the fact that they protect your head very well. Things that used to hurt through my old headgear don't. Its kind of a bad thing too, since I think it can develop bad habits on someone going from bags to the ring.

Its machine washable. Toss it in the washer and get em clean!
Its 30 bucks at mmawarehouse.com
dwkfym is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2009, 12:37 PM   #62
stevexx28
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 966

I just bought the Title Classic Mexican Style Training Glove [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I have to be honest in saying I haven't owned a whole lot of "real" boxing gloves, a lot of stuff I've bought has been typical walmart and modells everlast, but up until now, they are one of the best gloves I've ever had.

They are all leather and the outer skin feels very smooth and nice. They are comfortable and easy to make a fist on the inside. The thumb is kinda tucked in and at first i didnt like the way it looked, but its grown onto me lol and its much more comfortable to make a natural fist. The Hook and Loop wrist strap is elastic so it is VERY good and it can range from a loose slip on to super tight for top wrist protection and workout comfort. It even beats the so-called "superior" lace-up wrist comfort of my other glove.

The fact that they are "Mexican Style" seemed to turn off other reviewers i read on the web because of the fact that they might have insufficient padding by the knuckle area. I disagree with that; the glove has a solid 1 inch of padding all around the gloves and my hands have never felt more protected. Although the padding is slightly stiffer than my current sparring gloves(black, mystery brand 16 oz) its nothing thats going to change a sparring session. Im going to be using them for bag work anyway so i prefer a harder glove so it "strikes" and doesnt "mush" the bag.

In conclusion, these gloves are regularly 49.99 but they are currently on sale for 34.99, and sparring or bagwork, I dont think youll find a better deal under 35 dollars. I HIGHLY HIGHLY reccomend these gloves to anybody looking to buy good high quality gloves but dont feel like spending 100+ dollars for prestigious name brands.
Post questions if you want guys.

Effectiveness - 5/5 I use it for the bag so its a 5/5 for that. But it is a sparring glove i think and its good to spar with.
Style - 4.7/5 Looks like a traditional style boxing glove, which is the best style IMO, all leather for that authentic look and the logos dont overdo it. If you like camoflage, flames, skulls, etc., this glove isnt for you. My only slight complaint is the somewhat tucked thumb which isn't like the traditional gloves I like, however it is unique and very comfortable.
Durability - N/A Cant say cause I just got them but they seem to be very high quality.
Cost - 5/5regularly 49.99 but on sale for 35$. I think its the best you can get for 35 dollars.
stevexx28 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #63
PraetorianRoma

vCash: 178

can anyone recommend good re-usable handwraps, which will give me optimum hand/wrist protection?
PraetorianRoma is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #64
stevexx28
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 966

I think mexican style everlast wraps 180 inch length are pretty darn good. Now that Ive had elastic wraps i dont think i can go back. they sell them on titleboxing.com
stevexx28 is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2009, 05:40 PM   #65
evalistinho
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5461

Has anyone tried or hear about the everlast hydrostrike heavybag? I was thinking of getting it for my basement.
evalistinho is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2009, 04:19 PM   #66
Manassa
-
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

McGrain.
Manassa is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2009, 07:16 AM   #67
LDB15

has anyone had any experience with the KING professional boxing lace up gloves??

i want to know more about them as i am considering on buying a pair. thanks
LDB15 is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #68
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Hi Kings is a twins offshoot ! Unlike Twins, shaped more like a boxing glove,very high Quality Glove .I have used 14oz 16oz and 10oz very comfortable grip. Thai leather seems to be of the best Quality.Another brand that I recent used is Boon also seemed good.I used a 10oz pair to punch the bag. Hope this is of some help.
boxon123 is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #69
LDB15

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxon123 View Post
Hi Kings is a twins offshoot ! Unlike Twins, shaped more like a boxing glove,very high Quality Glove .I have used 14oz 16oz and 10oz very comfortable grip. Thai leather seems to be of the best Quality.Another brand that I recent used is Boon also seemed good.I used a 10oz pair to punch the bag. Hope this is of some help.
cool man cheers for the info.

did you use the king professional lace up gloves?
LDB15 is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #70
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The 14 and 16 are lace. the 10 oz my brother sent me from thailand were velcro with cool max hand piece
boxon123 is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #71
LDB15

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxon123 View Post
The 14 and 16 are lace. the 10 oz my brother sent me from thailand were velcro with cool max hand piece
nice and you say that you liked them, cool cheers man
LDB15 is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2009, 11:34 AM   #72
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323
Default Re: Curly's Official Boxing Equipment Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly View Post
Adidas "Tranning" Boxing Gloves

Very comfortable, well padded and suitable for both bag and sparring. Adjustable elastic Velcro strap, comes in 8oz - 14oz. Artificial leather, so easy to get rid of the blood and gel injected so the cushion will last.

Effectiveness 4/5 - A good glove, not so soft that you are hitting with pillows and not so hard that it feels like concrete. Protects your hand well, you'll have to hit pretty hard to feel the object on your knuckles
Style 3/5 - meh
Durability 4/5 - Created with durability in mind. All stitching is doubled. Not sure how well the gel will hold up tho, only time can tell.
Cost 5/5 - 28.00 on sugar rays. That's a deal, that's a steal, that's the sale of the ****ing century!
Just got these in red and 14oz, they have 16oz available now too. How are they holding up?
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2009, 09:28 AM   #73
nip102
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 987

i need a new rope was thinking of getting henry coopers rope anyone use it
nip102 is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2009, 03:13 PM   #74
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 347

Triumph* United Japanese Heatseeker Training Gloves

Snug gloves, nice soft material on the inside of the glove, great wrist support, very good padding.

Effectiveness: 5/5 - Padding is soft, can't feel contact with your knuckles.

Style: 4/5 - basic looking gloves.

Durability: 4/5 - I can't fully comment because I've only used them about 3 times, they don't get a perfect score because the paint already began coming off towards the palm of the glove.

Cost: 5/5 - $39.99 from the original $109.99 at titleboxing. Excellent glove for the price.
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 12:34 PM   #75
PraetorianRoma

vCash: 178

Cleto reyes nylon bar? or steel bar? which would be better? As i work in finance i cant really be walking around with black eyes/fat lip.
PraetorianRoma is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing