Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 11-03-2009, 04:46 PM   #1
Perky300
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1079
Default chaning weight

just found out my fight in dec with be light welter at 63.5 insted of 64 from last year, i know its only half a k but not sure if i should move up to the next category which is 67...

just now with 5weeks to the fight i'm sitting at around 65, i make 64 relatively easy just have an early meal day before weigh in then leave food till its over the next morning and ofcourse discpline with what i'm eating

i tried to make 63.5 before and made it but the fight got cancelled and i did struggle a little to make 63.5 so i dont know how i would of fought

i'm 6ft which is pretty big for light welter (63.5) and still reasonably big for 67 and i've got the power (ko'd a guy in my first fight in 12secs)

its a toss up between having a comfortable prep with the focus on puttin on a k in good weight and not having the height advantage or trying to make 63.5 and having a huge height and power advantage but may be slightly weight drained...

what do you's think?
Perky300 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
Jack Johnson
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Re: chaning weight

that really is up to you, if you felt it was that much of a strain on your body to go down an extra half k i wouldnt.
Jack Johnson is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #3
Youngblood
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: chaning weight

Little bit of running and a good morning shit and you're good to go @ 63.5. If ya want to fight heavier, start carb loading but keep the cardio up to speed too. this means strictly sprints, preferable tabatas or intense HIIT. That way you won't be shakin the weight u trying to add by slow burning distance running, and still gettin the cardio benefit.
Youngblood is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing