Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 11-07-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075
Default injury advice

Hi all , i am currently injured! I know resting is the most important thing i have also been ill lately so rest is something i have done in abundance!! I was just wondering if there is anymore advice you have, anything at all. Its been 2-4 weeks now. Its my ankle - i think its the achillies but i really dont know. The pain isnt enough to stop me walking on it or even running. Its more when im on my toes, skipping or pushing of the back foot to move forward. Its really hampering me big time so any advice is much appreciated. Do i need more rest? Are there supports and or bandages that people would suggest? I really want to get back into training as soon as possible.

Also any advice on prevention would be good too. Stretching obviously a key which i need to work on. What about recovery products i try to stay away from anything like that ( including protein shakes) but i am willing to try anything. Any foods that are suggested to to help prevention and recovery?? At the moment my diet is OK i dont eat crap but i dont eat great either admitadly

Thats alot of questions and very long winded i know but any help at all is really appreciated!!!
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
wordisbond
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: injury advice

I don't think protein would negatively affect your recovery. If I were you though I would see a doctor to have your ankle checked out. However, if your achillies tendon is torn, you would definitely know.
wordisbond is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2009, 05:19 AM   #3
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Likeyou said iwould know for deffinate i know i would be in agony and im not. Its more nagging pain that is just hampering progress ( alot)!!!
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2009, 05:31 AM   #4
turpinr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy2007 View Post
Hi all , i am currently injured! I know resting is the most important thing i have also been ill lately so rest is something i have done in abundance!! I was just wondering if there is anymore advice you have, anything at all. Its been 2-4 weeks now. Its my ankle - i think its the achillies but i really dont know. The pain isnt enough to stop me walking on it or even running. Its more when im on my toes, skipping or pushing of the back foot to move forward. Its really hampering me big time so any advice is much appreciated. Do i need more rest? Are there supports and or bandages that people would suggest? I really want to get back into training as soon as possible.

Also any advice on prevention would be good too. Stretching obviously a key which i need to work on. What about recovery products i try to stay away from anything like that ( including protein shakes) but i am willing to try anything. Any foods that are suggested to to help prevention and recovery?? At the moment my diet is OK i dont eat crap but i dont eat great either admitadly

Thats alot of questions and very long winded i know but any help at all is really appreciated!!!
if you were having achilles problems ,you wouldn't be able to run.if you've damaged your ankle whilst running then maybe you are wearing the wromg type of shoes and need to checked for your running gait.
i couldn't see protein shakes helping any.
turpinr is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing