Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2007, 07:33 PM   #1
Action
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 593
vCash: 1000
Default Jirov-Holyfield

Before anyone starts criticizing the idea think about the match from an entertainment aspect. Two former great champions meeting toe-to-toe. We wouldget our money's worth. Isn't that what its all about?.....loser retires
Action is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2007, 07:38 PM   #2
Goose
Russian oligarch
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: here and now
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 550
Default Re: Jirov-Holyfield

Jirov is not as done as Holyfield is....Jirov can still make things happen at cruiserweight.
Goose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
Action
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 593
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jirov-Holyfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose
Jirov is not as done as Holyfield is....Jirov can still make things happen at cruiserweight.
The fight would have to be at heavyweight, about 215 lbs.
Action is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:38 PM   #4
The Master
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 27
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jirov-Holyfield

Jirov may be more done,
The Master is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:41 PM   #5
fightking12
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: SF
Posts: 183
vCash: 500
Default Re: Jirov-Holyfield

I see Jirov losing it
fightking12 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:03 AM   #6
PATSYS
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,184
vCash: 75
Default Re: Jirov-Holyfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action
Before anyone starts criticizing the idea think about the match from an entertainment aspect. Two former great champions meeting toe-to-toe. We wouldget our money's worth. Isn't that what its all about?.....loser retires
I like this fight. These 2, albeit shots, are still entertaining to watch.
PATSYS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:24 AM   #7
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,622
vCash: 166
Default Re: Jirov-Holyfield

I prefer these fights dont happen nor that they get airplay.
I prefer fight between guys in or at least close to their prime.

Just my preference, I know a lot of people would watch this.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:25 AM   #8
hipnusol
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 46
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jirov-Holyfield

I say just give Holyfield a shot at the title already. He can't be any worse than the rest of the bunch. Maybe he'll mess around and actually win. I still think he's shot, but I do have to think that maybe none of the title holders want to give him a shot based on the whim that he might come through with the win. And any heavyweight champ would probably be pretty embarassed to lose to Evander at this point. He's in a tough spot but money talks and if he was in a title fight, he'd probably make more money for any fighter out there than anyone else will.
hipnusol is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:53 PM   #9
Action
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 593
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jirov-Holyfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipnusol
I say just give Holyfield a shot at the title already. He can't be any worse than the rest of the bunch. Maybe he'll mess around and actually win. I still think he's shot, but I do have to think that maybe none of the title holders want to give him a shot based on the whim that he might come through with the win. And any heavyweight champ would probably be pretty embarassed to lose to Evander at this point. He's in a tough spot but money talks and if he was in a title fight, he'd probably make more money for any fighter out there than anyone else will.
Which title is Holyfield now going to get a shot at? All four are now announced and the soonest would be against the W. Klitchko-Brewster winner in early winter. He has to keep busy. A fight versus Jirov makes a lot of sense.
Action is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013