Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-03-2007, 09:34 PM   #1
MrTod

vCash: 1000
Default Pavlik the inspiration??

here you have a spindly, prematurely bald white guy with a drooping mouth, who has never been in the 'it' crowd of boxing, fighting and beating a hyped olympian who was given the signing-bonus lamborghini and every accolade under the sun.

didn't this clumsy kid from the depressed town destroying the slick, flashy fighter just make you feel damned good about life? i swear to god it was like watching rocky 1 with balboa beating the crap out of creed instead of losing the decision. seriously, who still feels inspired?

Last edited by one punch; 07-17-2006 at 08:44 AM.
MrTod is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2007, 09:36 PM   #2
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Default Re: Pavlik the inspiration??

I don't know about "inspired," but it is a great story. 3 years ago, I never saw a Pavlik fight. I had heard about him, knew he was a strong puncher, but never expected him to go that far. Now, he's the middleweight champion - and the kind of kid you would want to hold that title.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 09:37 PM   #3
the_what
Bolo Punch KO
ESB Addict

Taylor was never flashy. And he was in the same position as Pavlik was when he 'beat' Hopkins the first time. Its funny because people make Taylor out to be like Floyd Mayweather which he isnt. Taylor is also from out of nowhere in the Midwest only difference is the skin color.

I dont know. Just my 2 cents. And Im not a fan of either fighter.
the_what is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2007, 09:41 PM   #4
MrTod

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_what
Taylor was never flashy. And he was in the same position as Pavlik was when he 'beat' Hopkins the first time. Its funny because people make Taylor out to be like Floyd Mayweather which he isnt. He also is from out of nowhere in the midwest.

I dont know. Just my 2 cents. And Im not a fan of either fighter.
true, i stretched it by calling him a flashy fighter. but he does have the whole posse, the charging bull gimmick in the ring and he really amplified a dismissive attitude towards kelly at the press conference. and it's unfair to compare taylor with mayweather, who is just an awful, egocentric person. taylor also had waaaaaaaaaaaay more of a presence heading into the hopkins fight than kelly had heading in against taylor.
MrTod is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 03:11 AM   #5
Blaze

Yea, I also notice the similarities between Pavlik and Rocky Balboa.. the kid just keep coming and coming til his opponent gets knock out. I can't wait to see how his career turns out.
Blaze is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 07:38 AM   #6
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland

I think Pavlik's inspiration came from watching Taylor look garbage against three Welters/LightMiddles in a row
David UK is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 07:38 AM   #7
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

what the **** are you talking about?

Taylor is the shy boy from the midwest who stutters when he talks on camera and had to take care of his little sisters when he was growing up cause his dad wasnt around
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 07:40 AM   #8
mancat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTod
here you have a spindly, prematurely bald white guy with a drooping mouth, who has never been in the 'it' crowd of boxing, fighting and beating a hyped olympian who was given the signing-bonus lamborghini and every accolade under the sun.

didn't this clumsy kid from the depressed town destroying the slick, flashy fighter just make you feel damned good about life? i swear to god it was like watching rocky 1 with balboa beating the crap out of creed instead of losing the decision. seriously, who still feels inspired?
No. Pavlick is not in anyway like Rocky Balboa, nor is JT like Appallo, except one is white and the other is Black.
mancat is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 02:45 PM   #9
TRUEBELIEVER 66
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I am a newbie here and this is by far the best boxing site, i have seen, as far as Taylor-Pavlik goes it was a helluva brawl both guy's gave everything they had and i hope there is a rematch, i lost 100 bucks betting on Taylor, but oh well, Pavlik seems like a classy kid, with class, dude's got a helluva chin, to come back from the beating he took in the 2nd round..
TRUEBELIEVER 66 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum