Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-04-2007, 07:40 AM   #1
Slicknick56
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Barrera will win a hard fight

I was watching the first fight just now and eventhough Pacquiao hit him alot and beat him to the punch i didnt see anything to tell me that a well trained, undistracted, highly motivated Barrera cant beat Pacman. Whether its the pacman of today or yesteryear. Barrera today is pretty slick himself and i think will outbox Pacman ala Prince Hamed. Pacman, according to the countdown and other sources, has been his own worse enemy this training camp so if he comes in less trained than he was in the last fight then thats his fault and really gives Barrera the road to victoy.

in my opinion Barrera wins a unanimous decision and this fight, maybe even ends it in a KO in the late rounds.
Slicknick56 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2007, 08:15 AM   #2
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685
Default Re: Barrera will win a hard fight

Pacman has added alot of weapons to his arsenal while maintaining blistering speed.

Barrera's reflexes are starting to diminish and though he is a tactical genious, in a twelve round battle against a boxer of the skill of pacquiao you need your body to respond very well to your mind and I don't think he will be able to do that.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 09:39 AM   #3
klion22
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 8025

The Countdown to Pacquio/Barrera was one of the worst ones ever because they spent all their time trying to get people to believe that Pac is lazy and not taking this fight seriously while Barrera is a changed man. I'm sorry but it's just a sad attempt by HBO to try to convince people that it will be close when it won't. Pac is going to KO him again. Barrera was great but you can't stay on top forever and the slippage started years ago.
klion22 is online now  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 09:47 AM   #4
knockout
Make my day
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Unlikely he will have his moments in the fight maybe winning some early rounds,but might fad away by the 5th or 6th like in the marquez fight and pac will overtake him in the 7th or 8th.
knockout is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 09:48 AM   #5
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655

Quote:
Originally Posted by klion22
The Countdown to Pacquio/Barrera was one of the worst ones ever because they spent all their time trying to get people to believe that Pac is lazy and not taking this fight seriously while Barrera is a changed man. I'm sorry but it's just a sad attempt by HBO to try to convince people that it will be close when it won't. Pac is going to KO him again. Barrera was great but you can't stay on top forever and the slippage started years ago.
I'm a big-time Barrera fan, and sadly, I agree.

The whole time HBO was going on about how lazy Pac was and how motivated MAB was....Pac looked young, energetic, and hungry whereas Barrera looked OLD!!

In all honesty, it seemed more like a countdown to Barrera's retirement.

I will NEVER count MAB out of any fight, but I fear the worst come Saturday.

Regardles...

GO MAB!!

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 10:42 AM   #6
africandawg
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 580

Barrera will have a very 'HARD NIGHT'----this is a Promoters matchup it should'nt have been made----Marco's arse is on the line and I can only see him resorting to any means fair and mainly foul to try to see this nightmare thru---go well Marco...the rumours that are spread to pushup the PPV numbers
africandawg is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 02:54 PM   #7
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

Thats exactly what they did. More PPV sales that way....
saul_ir34 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum