boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-20-2009, 01:36 PM   #31
Danny_Rand
Slick N Quick
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe View Post
I twisted the truth slightly.

He is the equal of Pacquaio though, he is just a physical monster who Roach has programmed.
Pacquiao tosses aside great fighters like they were flies. For me to consider Kessler on that level, knockout Ward, Abraham, Froch aind Dirrell all within the first 5 rounds.
Danny_Rand is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2009, 01:38 PM   #32
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 45500
Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

Quote:
Calzaghe has an underrated and very snappy jab.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

His jab has snapped back the head of every opponent he has faced. Do not listen to Kellerman.

Ward throws his from too far away and he doesn't punch through his target with it much.
Er, isn't that Joe's left? Not his right jab?

This is what we're looking for.

IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 01:40 PM   #33
Danny_Rand
Slick N Quick
East Side Guru

Quote:
Calzaghe has an underrated and very snappy jab.

His jab has snapped back the head of every opponent he has faced. Do not listen to Kellerman.

Ward throws his from too far away and he doesn't punch through his target with it much.
You do realize that thats Calzaghes left and he's a southpaw right?
Old 11-20-2009, 01:43 PM   #34
link2296
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1621

I agree that Ward has the best chance to beat Kessler in the big 6, but this fight is going to be anything but easy for Ward. People forget that he tagged Calzaghe several times, but Calzaghe has a world class chin. Ward won't be so fortunate if he gets hit.
link2296 is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #35
Danny_Rand
Slick N Quick
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by link2296 View Post
I agree that Ward has the best chance to beat Kessler in the big 6, but this fight is going to be anything but easy for Ward. People forget that he tagged Calzaghe several times, but Calzaghe has a world class chin. Ward won't be so fortunate if he gets hit.
Other then the jab thats the other most important key. Ward can box perfect for 12 rounds, but hes gonna get hit sooner or later. If he can handle Kesslers power then he'll be in great shape
Old 11-20-2009, 01:49 PM   #36
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

vCash: 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Er, isn't that Joe's left? Not his right jab?

This is what we're looking for.
Having computer problems.

Fixed now.

China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 01:51 PM   #37
Bodysnatcher
Champion
East Side Guru

edit

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 02-15-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Bodysnatcher is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 01:53 PM   #38
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKULLSPLITTER View Post
Hello, Rand....aka "Louis The Bold" here...you're absolutely right...

This is such an easy pick...because it's plain as day who the overall better boxer is...in fact Ward SHOULD be the favorite...as I'll explain further down...

One thing before I do that...garbage fans wanna bring up "Experience at the Pro level"...lol...Brian Nielsen had "experience"....I watched some "experienced", 40-0 bum from South America get destroyed by an average fighter a few months back in his American showcase bout...

BULL**** Experience is what it is...

It's like this....

On one end here....you have a smart, athletically skilled, versatile, properly groomed, American Olympic Gold Medalist.....and on the other, you pretty much have another "High Level" guy on a Euro scale...

I'm not saying Ward's high on a Global scale yet...but 9 times out of 10, there's a big difference in Class between just a Top AMERICAN and a Top Euro (saying both are at or near their best)....that's just the way it was, the way it is, and the way it always will be....

Add in the fact that Kessler hasn't done a God Damn thing since LOSING to another Top EURO (follow me?) 2 years ago...throwing away his prime....and the gap in Class becomes even more apparent...

Then....watch Kessler's and Ward's last fights, and you can see exactly who was rusty, slow, and wide and who was in good form...and their leagues are a mile apart now......but there's MORE...lol

THEN, you add in the fact that the fight's in Oakland, America.....remember Froch-Dirrell?...OUCH!....there's no way Kessler's gonna outbox or outadapt Ward....but there will be payback if necessary....all close decisions WILL go to Ward...so basically, the only way Kessler can win is if he stops Ward.....

but like I've said before...HERE'S the REAL kicker....

Ward's Pedigree and Boxing IQ won't allow him to get stopped...

Ward by Unanimous Decision...117-111.

Great post. I see Ward taking this fight as well. I am very surprised that so many are picking Kessler. This is the fight Goosen wanted for Ward in the first round. Ward is the worst matchup for Kessler in this tourney.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 01:53 PM   #39
link2296
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1621

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Rand View Post
Other then the jab thats the other most important key. Ward can box perfect for 12 rounds, but hes gonna get hit sooner or later. If he can handle Kesslers power then he'll be in great shape
I agree...if he can handle kessler's power he can win. I think he will do well early, but I see Kessler getting to him in the mid to late rounds and eventually knocking him out. Kessler's only loss is to a fighter who no one was able to figure out. Kessler also had problems with his right hand as well during that fight. Expect the best version of both fighters to show up though. Should be a tremendous fight.
link2296 is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 01:59 PM   #40
mattress
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunik View Post
Ward is better than Calzaghe so this fight won't even be close....
Stop talking **** *****i
mattress is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #41
christo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKULLSPLITTER View Post
Hello, Rand....aka "Louis The Bold" here...you're absolutely right...

This is such an easy pick...because it's plain as day who the overall better boxer is...in fact Ward SHOULD be the favorite...as I'll explain further down...

One thing before I do that...garbage fans wanna bring up "Experience at the Pro level"...lol...Brian Nielsen had "experience"....I watched some "experienced", 40-0 bum from South America get destroyed by an average fighter a few months back in his American showcase bout...

BULL**** Experience is what it is...

It's like this....

On one end here....you have a smart, athletically skilled, versatile, properly groomed, American Olympic Gold Medalist.....and on the other, you pretty much have another "High Level" guy on a Euro scale...

I'm not saying Ward's high on a Global scale yet...but 9 times out of 10, there's a big difference in Class between just a Top AMERICAN and a Top Euro (saying both are at or near their best)....that's just the way it was, the way it is, and the way it always will be....

Add in the fact that Kessler hasn't done a God Damn thing since LOSING to another Top EURO (follow me?) 2 years ago...throwing away his prime....and the gap in Class becomes even more apparent...

Then....watch Kessler's and Ward's last fights, and you can see exactly who was rusty, slow, and wide and who was in good form...and their leagues are a mile apart now......but there's MORE...lol

THEN, you add in the fact that the fight's in Oakland, America.....remember Froch-Dirrell?...OUCH!....there's no way Kessler's gonna outbox or outadapt Ward....but there will be payback if necessary....all close decisions WILL go to Ward...so basically, the only way Kessler can win is if he stops Ward.....

but like I've said before...HERE'S the REAL kicker....

Ward's Pedigree and Boxing IQ won't allow him to get stopped...

Ward by Unanimous Decision...117-111.
Just because you post a long thread doesn't mean it means you know this sport. you're just another biased hip hop fanboy who thinks kessler will lose because he's white then you'll logoff never to be seen again sunday morning. Listen eminem, ward hasn't proven he could last with a steiglitz, andrade, a green, or a froch. What makes you think he can last w/ an elite like kessler. Kessler hasn't done **** since calzaghe? Dumbass, he did more than ward 5 times over before he fought calzaghe. Wards been beating pudwill's, camou's, kost's, and wilson's..............and beat by decision a shop worn miranda who sucked to begin with. Kessler's been beating world champs when ward was just starting to fight without headgear. And another thing boy, experience means almost everything in the pros. The ams are one thing, the pros entirely another.
Your post is full of bias, and bull. No substance to it at all.
christo is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #42
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by christo View Post
Just because you post a long thread doesn't mean it means you know this sport. you're just another biased hip hop fanboy who thinks kessler will lose because he's white then you'll logoff never to be seen again sunday morning. Listen eminem, ward hasn't proven he could last with a steiglitz, andrade, a green, or a froch. What makes you think he can last w/ an elite like kessler. Kessler hasn't done **** since calzaghe? Dumbass, he did more than ward 5 times over before he fought calzaghe. Wards been beating pudwill's, camou's, kost's, and wilson's..............and beat by decision a shop worn miranda who sucked to begin with. Kessler's been beating world champs when ward was just starting to fight without headgear. And another thing boy, experience means almost everything in the pros. The ams are one thing, the pros entirely another.

Yeah, Ward is black but he's also half white. So even in a racists' mind he's half right. Put your money on Ward, it's the smart thing to do.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #43
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Having computer problems.

Fixed now.

JMP is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #44
Danny_Rand
Slick N Quick
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by christo View Post
Stieglitz? Andrade? Green? Froch? You know that out of those guys Kesslers only fought Andrade, and I'd consider each and everyone one of them C class fighters at best. And you remember that Green lost to Miranda dont you?

Fact is, even though Ward is only 25, his resume is not that much far apart from Kesslers. kessler beat a shop worn Beyer, Mundine, Andrade and thats about it. Neither one would I consider elite, they were sad to say this, paper champs, much like Karol Balzay or Stieglitz.

And what makes Kessler elite? Elite level is guys like Calzaghe. He got pummeled by a true elite. Kessler is good. He hasnt done anything to get that distinction. His resume is hella weak in comparison to someone like Chad Dawson.

Experience wont win this fight. Skills and Will only.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #45
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
He will be countered by short right and hooks if he attempts to get close. Even Mirander landed a couple of lefts from this.

Ward does have an advantage when it comes to holding though, he looks comfortable when he does this. More so than Kessler.
The uppercut could be very worrysome for Ward too when he tries to get inside. Calzaghe took some bombs....does Ward have the chin to take those kind of shots? We'll see.
JMP is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum