Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-04-2007, 04:50 PM   #16
TRUEBELIEVER 66
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: what's with all the taylor hate from the pavlik fans??

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey
He's a true fighter alright, 9a flawed one though) as a person he's okay I guess (except for the money talk)... but what people hate most are the fraudulent circumstances of his rise to the top and the situations which allowed him to stay there so long.
What fraudulent circumstances? he beat everyone that was put in front of him ducked nobody, he had an off night in the Spinks fight, and looked sluggish, but it's hard to look good against a guy, that runs, and he was active, and carried himself well outside the ring too, no rap sheet, or other B.S he's only 29 so he will be back, a rematch with Pavlik would be awesome after that hellraising match last week...
TRUEBELIEVER 66 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2007, 05:44 PM   #17
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
i would've understood if jermain taylor had won why you guys hated him, but he didn't, pavlik won, so why all the hate?

we got an idiot here who kept posting about how taylor is stuttering and we also have idiots saying how taylor's career is ruined.

taylor never said one bad thing about kelly pavlik, and kelly pavlik is a good guy who also doesn't talk shit, so why are you?
This is what confuses me also...

There are tons of ridiculous posts about how overrated Taylor was...and that he was a fraud. And 90% of the posters saying this shit...are saying Pavlik is great.

If his best win is vs an overrated fraud...then isnt he still unproven and overrated then?

Do they realize that by pulling this shit, they are actually BELITTLING Kelly's great win? Sad really.....

sues2nd is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #18
madpup
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Taylor comes across as a really likeable guy and no matter what people say he is actually a really good boxer, however with a number of significant flaws.

But logic does not really apply to a lot of boxing fans, for some reason box has a culture of nuthugging and hating, there is actually a inbetween you know.

Last edited by joeburo; 07-18-2006 at 04:43 PM.
madpup is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 06:06 PM   #19
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBoom
There is close to no hate from Pavlik fans for Taylor.

The hate for Taylor comes mainly from people who hate HBO, Lampley etc and hate what they perceive as a cautious corporate fighter. Those people aren't Pavlik fans they just like what Pavlik did.

There as been more hate and disrespect for Pavlik both before and after the fight. Even after being given a chance to view the fight on YouTube you still have irrational Pavlik haters claiming that-

- Pavlik is one dimentional and only throws the right hand - WRONG

- Pavlik is slow and has no defense - WRONG

- Pavlik was about to get knocked out in the 2nd round - WRONG

Pavlik is a skilled, clever fighter with a diverse arsenal of punches who was not about to get KOed.

Pavlik haters are still pretending Pavlik would lose in a rematch or even lose to Wright. It's pathetic. Some of the Pavlik haters are as bad as Julie Lederman who scored only one round for Pavlik in the fight.
This is a funny post.

One that is dead wrong.....and HILARIOUS!
sues2nd is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 07:10 PM   #20
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
There is close to no hate from Pavlik fans for Taylor.

The hate for Taylor comes mainly from people who hate HBO, Lampley etc and hate what they perceive as a cautious corporate fighter. Those people aren't Pavlik fans they just like what Pavlik did.

There as been more hate and disrespect for Pavlik both before and after the fight. Even after being given a chance to view the fight on YouTube you still have irrational Pavlik haters claiming that-

- Pavlik is one dimentional and only throws the right hand - WRONG

- Pavlik is slow and has no defense - WRONG

- Pavlik was about to get knocked out in the 2nd round - WRONG

Pavlik is a skilled, clever fighter with a diverse arsenal of punches who was not about to get KOed.

Pavlik haters are still pretending Pavlik would lose in a rematch or even lose to Wright. It's pathetic. Some of the Pavlik haters are as bad as Julie Lederman who scored only one round for Pavlik in the fight.
when you watched the fight live, you honestly thought pavlik would make it out of there?
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 07:24 PM   #21
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

I can't remember saying a bad word about Taylor. In fact right afetr the fight I gave him credit for looking like a Champion out there & giving it his all, until the roof caved in.

His last few fights have built JT a bad rep & fans just wanna see him lose & bust his balls. You can't blame die hard Pavlik fans for that nonsense.
JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #22
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSKI
I can't remember saying a bad word about Taylor. In fact right afetr the fight I gave him credit for looking like a Champion out there & giving it his all, until the roof caved in.

His last few fights have built JT a bad rep & fans just wanna see him lose & bust his balls. You can't blame die hard Pavlik fans for that nonsense.
Go look, there are PLENTY of Pavlik fans BLASTING Taylor. Calling him an overhyped, overrated fraud. A bum. Etc. etc. etc.

Its sad, because they are doing more to hurt Pavlik's resume then they ever could to Taylor's.

I mean, if Taylor is an overhyped, overrated fraud, then what does that say about Kelly's win....? I think it was a great win, vs a great fighter.....but as has been stated, it aint every Pavlik fan, but its a HUGE chunk of them.
sues2nd is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 07:39 PM   #23
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict

vCash: 623

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues2nd
Go look, there are PLENTY of Pavlik fans BLASTING Taylor. Calling him an overhyped, overrated fraud. A bum. Etc. etc. etc.

Its sad, because they are doing more to hurt Pavlik's resume then they ever could to Taylor's.

I mean, if Taylor is an overhyped, overrated fraud, then what does that say about Kelly's win....? I think it was a great win, vs a great fighter.....but as has been stated, it aint every Pavlik fan, but its a HUGE chunk of them.
Oh s**t Pavlik has fans lol, the man that no1 virtually heard of until his last fight be4 taylor lol. Nah bu dont worry sues all joy shall turn 2 sorrow soon. ANd your right there discrediting Pavliks win by degrading taylor so far. I hope Pavlik fights a dude like CHad Dawson at a weight limit of 170 or somethin. Or B-HOp, or Roy Jones, Calzaghe. any1 of those dudes, if he woops them handily then he moves off the unproven list 4 me
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 08:11 PM   #24
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yes, because I actually WATCH the action. I saw Pavlik get up easily at the count of 2. He was totally clear headed and knew what he was doing. I've seen Pavlik fight quite a bit and I actually saw his trials fight with Taylor back in 2000.

I never doubted Pavlik was fine and if people were actually paying attention they would have noticed that Pavlik was on the attack in the last 30 seconds of round two. In spite of all the flush punches that landed on him, Pavlik never came close to losing his consciousness or composure.

Pavlik was a little off balance but no big deal, he's sometimes a bit off balance even when he hasn't been hit.
Dude...even Pavlik said he was hurt BAD. Off balance a bit? Your delusional.
sues2nd is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 08:13 PM   #25
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Sues -

Don't worry, I'm neither a Pavlik fan and also don't put too much into his win over Taylor.

Last edited by Nick Balsamo; 07-18-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 08:14 PM   #26
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Sues -

Don't worry, I'm neither a Pavlik fan and also don't put too much into his win over Taylor.

Yeah.....I know.

sues2nd is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum