Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-04-2007, 07:55 PM   #1
Speak.King
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Hit and run VS. Hit and hold...

Hit and run VS. Hit and hold. Floyd against Ricky. Are we being fooled into thinking that this is going to be a very exciting fight? Much like Floyd and Oscar.
Speak.King is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2007, 07:57 PM   #2
Stinky gloves
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Hit and run VS. Hit and hold...

Not exactly Oscar-Floyd was like: hit and run vs fish and net.
Stinky gloves is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 07:58 PM   #3
Speak.King
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky gloves
Not exactly Oscar-Floyd was like: hit and run vs fish and net.
Dude! That's HALL OF FAME.
Speak.King is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 08:03 PM   #4
Stinky gloves
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speak.King
Dude! That's HALL OF FAME.
That was exactly the reason Oscar made his fampus photos ...
to show how will he try to catch Floyd.

Last edited by Nick Balsamo; 07-18-2006 at 09:51 PM.
Stinky gloves is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 08:05 PM   #5
thewoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

I think that it is an interesting match up but definatly not an exciting one. We got 2 young undefeated fighters in their primes with styles that are opposite one another from different sides of the atlantic. I will definatly watch but I am not expecting fireworks.
thewoo is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 09:34 PM   #6
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black
Floyd is going to show all the doubters his wide range of offensive game. People underestimate his power but let see wsup when he beats Hatton's ass from pillar to post in a GAtti fashion.
Stop it already!!!

The version of Gatti that PBF fought would have been killed in the first 30 seconds by ODLH.

Please do not compare ANY version of Gatti, or Gatti fight, or Gatti style to any elite fighter because Gatti never was.

The same fools said that PBF would beat ODLH ala Gatti.

PBF is one of the most boring P4P champs in history.

After Castillo cracked Boy's ribs he was never the same in terms of entertainment.

What makes PBF worse is that many fighters fight for a living, for pride, for the fans hence the reason they choose to make fights exciting by actually trying to KO their opponent. It's the reason PBF is so unliked and disrespected by the media and casual fan.
IsaL is online now  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 09:47 PM   #7
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UliUli
Stop it already!!!

The version of Gatti that PBF fought would have been killed in the first 30 seconds by ODLH.

Please do not compare ANY version of Gatti, or Gatti fight, or Gatti style to any elite fighter because Gatti never was.

The same fools said that PBF would beat ODLH ala Gatti.

PBF is one of the most boring P4P champs in history.

After Castillo cracked Boy's ribs he was never the same in terms of entertainment.

What makes PBF worse is that many fighters fight for a living, for pride, for the fans hence the reason they choose to make fights exciting by actually trying to KO their opponent. It's the reason PBF is so unliked and disrespected by the media and casual fan.

STFU.....what the hell are you talking about.....FLOYD IS PROUNOUNCED THE BEST BOXER ON THE PLANET NOW.....BY MEDIA AND FANS..STFU...CLOWN.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 10:09 PM   #8
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2166

Man ,there is going to alot of upset people should Floyd lose. Hatton is going to bring the heat, but can he catch Floyd? What if Floyd starts taking some body shots like Castillo didnt take? That is what Hatton should focus on the body , because everyone knows Floyd is going to be running and hitting .

Anyone think Hatton will give Floyd as tough as fights as Castillo did? Alot of people would call Castillo slow, but he was right on Floyd all night.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 10:19 PM   #9
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmelicious
i think ricky will bring it and be tough. i think if he brings his kostya type performance than he has a shot. albeit a small one!
Castillo gave Floyd probably his toughest fight. I think they are alot alike as fighters, and Hatton may present many of the same problems that Castillo did. People keep mentioning the human punching bag Gatti. Gatti is offended when when you miss a punch , but I think Hatton is far more like Castillo.

I dont think Hatton is as slow as Gatti or Baldomir or as stupid as Judah.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 10:28 PM   #10
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by geppy
Castillo gave Floyd probably his toughest fight. I think they are alot alike as fighters, and Hatton may present many of the same problems that Castillo did. People keep mentioning the human punching bag Gatti. Gatti is offended when when you miss a punch , but I think Hatton is far more like Castillo.

I dont think Hatton is as slow as Gatti or Baldomir or as stupid as Judah.
Floyd fought with a torn rotar cuff that fight and could not use his left the way he wanted for one. For two, Hatton has absolutely nothing in common with Castillo in any way shape or form. From fight style to body type to....anything. Just b/c Castillo likes to get inside and bang. Hatton gets inside and lets of one or two punches at a time the rest of the time he is wrestling you off balance to hopefully hit you on the break and score a knockdown. Floyd is never off balance and will beat the shit out of hatton. Hatton is taylor made for Floyd. Easy fight as I always said and it will hold true. Hatton will get hit a whole lot if he comes in like he does..
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #11
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
Floyd fought with a torn rotar cuff that fight and could not use his left the way he wanted for one. For two, Hatton has absolutely nothing in common with Castillo in any way shape or form. From fight style to body type to....anything. Just b/c Castillo likes to get inside and bang. Hatton gets inside and lets of one or two punches at a time the rest of the time he is wrestling you off balance to hopefully hit you on the break and score a knockdown. Floyd is never off balance and will beat the shit out of hatton. Hatton is taylor made for Floyd. Easy fight as I always said and it will hold true. Hatton will get hit a whole lot if he comes in like he does..
I think Castillo and Hatton are alot alike, both are pressure fighters that like to go to the body and throw alot of punches.The biggest differance is Hatton does hit then hold, Castillo hits, then gets hit back . If anything Castillo has shown the tendancy to get hit alot more than Hatton has.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 11:34 PM   #12
oblate
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speak.King
Hit and run VS. Hit and hold. Floyd against Ricky. Are we being fooled into thinking that this is going to be a very exciting fight? Much like Floyd and Oscar.
i mean no one who watches a lot of boxing thinks this will become a slugfest or anything like that. Its exiting cause of whos fighting and that hatton will finally lose.
oblate is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 11:56 PM   #13
etong_08
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

The only defining factor on that fight is on who has the strongest will to "HIT and RUN" or "HIT and HOLD"..
etong_08 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum