Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2009, 03:35 PM   #31
My2Sense
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,971
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who did you have winning, J L Ramirez vs Edwin Rosario

Quote:
Originally Posted by la-califa View Post
What was the official scoring of Ramirez-Rosario I?
I believe all three judges scored it 115-113, two for Rosario and one for Ramirez.
My2Sense is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2009, 04:28 PM   #32
MRBILL
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10,559
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who did you have winning, J L Ramirez vs Edwin Rosario

Folks,

C'mon, smell the coffee pot that's brewing......... Back in 1983, Ed Rosie was the new hot shot 135 pounder on the block that CBS was eyeing and hyping, along with Hector Camacho...... Rosario fighting a Mexican in Puerto Rico was a natural and all set / staged for a Rosario victory...... BUT! The two fights that Rosario and Ramirez fought turned out to be more of a struggle than ever expected for team Rosario and Puerto Rico......

Jose L. Ramirez had no really backing or hype going into either fight with Rosario in 1983 and '84........ Ramirez was thought to be a lamb for the slaughter.....

I give a lot of credit to Ramirez for overcoming the odds and by willing to travel to Rosario's home turf to rumble..... Yes, of course Ramirez wanted the additional money and a title shot..... But, fact is, Ramirez was thought to be a long shot......

I whacked off in public when Ramirez roard back to TKO Rosario in '84......... Classica....

MR.BILL
MRBILL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #33
MRBILL
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10,559
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who did you have winning, J L Ramirez vs Edwin Rosario

NOW!!! Joe Ramirez was NOT a bum or stiff in 1983; he had a name and reputation as a fierce brawler / puncher at 135 pounds........ But, he was also one-dimensional and slow in hand and foot speed.......... Rosario was figured to be too quick and spry for the slightly older Ramirez........ Ramirez just had great conditioning and intensity at 135 pounds in the early 80s................

MR.BILL
MRBILL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:34 PM   #34
MRBILL
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10,559
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who did you have winning, J L Ramirez vs Edwin Rosario

Ramirez looked slow and tired in 1988 in getting shutout over 12 decent rds by Chavez of good boxing on HBO........ I have a tape of that fight stashed away....... It was not a real barn-burner........ Lotsa' respect and good skill displayed......... Not a classic Mexican fight........ But it was a classic Mexican match-up..........

MR.BILL
MRBILL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #35
Mantequilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,482
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who did you have winning, J L Ramirez vs Edwin Rosario

Was it an effort not to slip in a reference to hard ****s/wanking in that last post Bill.
Mantequilla is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:36 PM   #36
MRBILL
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10,559
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who did you have winning, J L Ramirez vs Edwin Rosario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantequilla View Post
Was it an effort not to slip in a reference to hard ****s/wanking in that last post Bill.
Hey, at least I'm honest....... Christ, I did it in public too......

MR.BILL
MRBILL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #37
la-califa
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 3,147
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who did you have winning, J L Ramirez vs Edwin Rosario

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBILL View Post
Ramirez looked slow and tired in 1988 in getting shutout over 12 decent rds by Chavez of good boxing on HBO........ I have a tape of that fight stashed away....... It was not a real barn-burner........ Lotsa' respect and good skill displayed......... Not a classic Mexican fight........ But it was a classic Mexican match-up..........

MR.BILL
12 rounds?? I believe it went 10 full rounds. Tech. dec. in the 11th. Chavez didn't go full bore because they were good friends at the time. But he did handle Ramirez rather easily.
la-califa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #38
MRBILL
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10,559
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who did you have winning, J L Ramirez vs Edwin Rosario

Quote:
Originally Posted by la-califa View Post
12 rounds?? I believe it went 10 full rounds. Tech. dec. in the 11th. Chavez didn't go full bore because they were good friends at the time. But he did handle Ramirez rather easily.
Yeah..... Now you mention it.... It was a tech. win for Chavez over Ramirez.......... A cut by a butt forced the early decision........ It has been a while since I watched the tape......... I thought the fight was over-hyped........ It didn't really heat up to my liking........ The rds were pretty close overall, but Chavez was winning them all (10-9) on my card........ Chavez won........


MR.BILL
MRBILL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:54 PM   #39
MRBILL
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10,559
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who did you have winning, J L Ramirez vs Edwin Rosario

And earlier in 1985 on HBO, Camacho came out firing and decked Ramirez in the opening stanza only to allow Ramirez to get up and press forward like a slow-poke for the next 11 rds in losing a unanimous decision to Camacho.......... I recall after the 5th or 6th round that I was getting fed up with the same old shit of jabbing, circling, running and jiving by Camacho.......... That might have been the fight were I figured out for good that Camacho was a normal puncher with abnormal speed......... The fight became boring......... I have that tape too.........

MR.BILL
MRBILL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:42 PM   #40
My2Sense
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,971
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who did you have winning, J L Ramirez vs Edwin Rosario

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBILL View Post

C'mon, smell the coffee pot that's brewing......... Back in 1983, Ed Rosie was the new hot shot 135 pounder on the block that CBS was eyeing and hyping, along with Hector Camacho...... Rosario fighting a Mexican in Puerto Rico was a natural and all set / staged for a Rosario victory...... BUT! The two fights that Rosario and Ramirez fought turned out to be more of a struggle than ever expected for team Rosario and Puerto Rico......

Jose L. Ramirez had no really backing or hype going into either fight with Rosario in 1983 and '84........ Ramirez was thought to be a lamb for the slaughter.....

I give a lot of credit to Ramirez for overcoming the odds and by willing to travel to Rosario's home turf to rumble..... Yes, of course Ramirez wanted the additional money and a title shot..... But, fact is, Ramirez was thought to be a long shot......
Yep.

Rosario was supposed to be "the next Duran" or "the next Wilfredo Gomez" after he KO'd Viruet, but those fights blew it for him. Those fights would always cloud his reputation, even after his big win over Bramble.
My2Sense is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:46 PM   #41
gooners!!
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 5,083
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who did you have winning, J L Ramirez vs Edwin Rosario

Quote:
Yep.

Rosario was supposed to be "the next Duran" or "the next Wilfredo Gomez" after he KO'd Viruet, but those fights blew it for him. Those fights would always cloud his reputation, even after his big win over Bramble.

Isn't it just madness though, Mancini handled Ramirez easily!. Bramble gave Mancini hell in two fights, Rosario struggles with Ramirez but Rosario knocked Bramble out with minimal fuss, thats Boxing eh
gooners!! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:54 PM   #42
MRBILL
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10,559
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who did you have winning, J L Ramirez vs Edwin Rosario

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Sense View Post
Yep.

Rosario was supposed to be "the next Duran" or "the next Wilfredo Gomez" after he KO'd Viruet, but those fights blew it for him. Those fights would always cloud his reputation, even after his big win over Bramble.
I know that Livy Bramble turned out to be a lemon after his '86 loss to Rosario on HBO, and that in itself is a whole different tale in which I will not go into at this time..... Fact is, Bramble never really rebounded after losing his WBA title to Rosario.... His career sagged in and out up until 1990 or '91....... By 1992, Bramble was a washed-up pug holding onto a cloudy dream..........

HOWEVER! I swear.... I have the fight on tape....... I do believe that Bramble took a thumb in the eye as he was against the ropes in the second round with Rosario..... Roasario came in with an uppercut that caught Bramble, but Roasario's thumb looked like it went into Bramble's eye-socket...... Bramble immediately flinched and looked stunned / blinded...... Then Rosario went on the attack and landed the kitchen sink on Bramble........ Bramble went down and looked like he was praying to one of his Rasta God's.... Upon rising at around the ref's count of 10, Bramble's eyes' were closed and he motioned he was blinded / thumbed........ Bramble did get his ass kicked, but he did take a thumb from Roasario.........


MR.BILL
MRBILL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:05 AM   #43
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,119
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who did you have winning, J L Ramirez vs Edwin Rosario

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBILL View Post
I know that Livy Bramble turned out to be a lemon after his '86 loss to Rosario on HBO, and that in itself is a whole different tale in which I will not go into at this time..... Fact is, Bramble never really rebounded after losing his WBA title to Rosario.... His career sagged in and out up until 1990 or '91....... By 1992, Bramble was a washed-up pug holding onto a cloudy dream..........

HOWEVER! I swear.... I have the fight on tape....... I do believe that Bramble took a thumb in the eye as he was against the ropes in the second round with Rosario..... Roasario came in with an uppercut that caught Bramble, but Roasario's thumb looked like it went into Bramble's eye-socket...... Bramble immediately flinched and looked stunned / blinded...... Then Rosario went on the attack and landed the kitchen sink on Bramble........ Bramble went down and looked like he was praying to one of his Rasta God's.... Upon rising at around the ref's count of 10, Bramble's eyes' were closed and he motioned he was blinded / thumbed........ Bramble did get his ass kicked, but he did take a thumb from Roasario.........


MR.BILL
You sure it wasn't the punch that cut him Bill
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013