Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-23-2009, 06:39 PM   #31
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166
Default Re: If Paquiao KOs Mayweather...

Very high...would have to sit on it for a while before I decided.

I dont expect Manny to win let alone win convincingly...so a dominant win against someone like Mayweather would be huge.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2009, 06:39 PM   #32
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

If he dominates and KO's Pac, he has to be "on" the ATG list. Floyd is in another league talentwise than anyone Pac's fought. If he climbs this hurdle, he is the complete fighter thats shown he can beat all styles.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #33
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
If you could throw any active fighter out there who has the style to present real problems for Manny, it would be Floyd Mayweather, even above a Shane Mosley. Mosley is there to be hit, always has been, whereas Floyd's defensive capabilities speak for itself. Many accomplished fighters in the past have failed to land even a significant blow on him. Pacquoao is dynamic, throws a variety of punches from an assortment of angles, but I'll think he'll find himself surprised at how much Floyd's counters are going to effect him.
Yeh, & in the same breath we'll soon find out about Floyd once he's been whacked early a few times as well, that Cotto fight has now convinced Roach that Manny can take a shot from a hard hitting world class WW & Floyd ai'nt that heavy of hand. That Freedy Roach is one smart analyst, they've got plan a/b/c/ & some, i'am still stunned at what he did to Cotto & thats another pile of $$$$ down the pan. Yeh the fight was even & bang!!! Cotto's dropped, incredible.

They'll make Floyd fight every second, they'll try & take him out early, but you've just got to take yer hat off too this little feller, he is one amazing fighter & now that Roach has said 50/50 at 147 then we've got a blockbuster on our hands & Floyds going to have his hands full thats as long as Kenny Bayless refs it of coarse.

Obviously 100% common fistic sense points to a Floyd shutout but the way that Team Pacquiao go about their biz it's obvious they are more than confident about getting the KO/TKO or they would'nt take the fight as i don't see Roach putting Manny in harms way by taking on a fight that he did'nt think Manny could win
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2009, 07:50 PM   #34
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post
Yeh, & in the same breath we'll soon find out about Floyd once he's been whacked early a few times as well, that Cotto fight has now convinced Roach that Manny can take a shot from a hard hitting world class WW & Floyd ai'nt that heavy of hand. That Freedy Roach is one smart analyst, they've got plan a/b/c/ & some, i'am still stunned at what he did to Cotto & thats another pile of $$$$ down the pan. Yeh the fight was even & bang!!! Cotto's dropped, incredible.

They'll make Floyd fight every second, they'll try & take him out early, but you've just got to take yer hat off too this little feller, he is one amazing fighter & now that Roach has said 50/50 at 147 then we've got a blockbuster on our hands & Floyds going to have his hands full thats as long as Kenny Bayless refs it of coarse.

Obviously 100% common fistic sense points to a Floyd shutout but the way that Team Pacquiao go about their biz it's obvious they are more than confident about getting the KO/TKO or they would'nt take the fight as i don't see Roach putting Manny in harms way by taking on a fight that he did'nt think Manny could win
Even if it represents a 4 million dollar payday for Roach?
Old 11-23-2009, 08:08 PM   #35
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31 View Post
Even if it represents a 4 million dollar payday for Roach?
But he looks to have such a trusting & genuine soul com'on we know $$$$ talk for sure, i'am just trying to look for the good in the feller, so i'll go **** off & get me head tested before you tell me too
Old 11-23-2009, 08:10 PM   #36
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
But he looks to have such a trusting & genuine soul com'on we know $$$$ talk for sure, i'am just trying to look for the good in the feller, so i'll go **** off & get me head tested before you tell me too
Nah I think Roach wants the glory too and I think deep down he believes they can win, but 4 mil is a nice little cherry on top either way.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #37
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31 View Post
Nah I think Roach wants the glory too and I think deep down he believes they can win, but 4 mil is a nice little cherry on top either way.
Roach's life will compleate if he can crow into Mayweather Sr's mug in the post/presser, the verballs will be brutal between these 2 in the build up to this one for sure & i bet 24/7 donate a chunk too it.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:27 PM   #38
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Roach's life will compleate if he can crow into Mayweather Sr's mug in the post/presser, the verballs will be brutal between these 2 in the build up to this one for sure & i bet 24/7 donate a chunk too it.
Yeah I fear that is going to be the most exciting part of this whole fight. With Parkinsons, this is probably Roaches last hurrah. This is a tall order, and Roach will be up against real "boxing minds" in this fight. Regardless of how much Roger sounds like Fred Sanford, he knows his shit, and Floyd does too. Its going to be a great tactical fight. Its going to be one of those fights thats exciting to watch how it plays out but probably too boring to rewatch.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:18 PM   #39
Gesta
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 300

If Pacman KO's Floyd I would say he would be top ten easy.
Gesta is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum