Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-25-2009, 03:53 PM   #16
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200
Default Re: Marvin Hagler vs Jake LaMotta at Middleweight

Hagler will box and brawl Lamotta similarly to Holy against Bowe in their fights. He will slow Jake down, and box him better. Lamotta gets his licks in but Hagler has too good of a chin to really lose with him boxing and brawling. Hagler in a UD. Lamotta troubles him and wins some rounds but he isn't going to KO Hagler nor win a decision. Hagler, on the other hand isn't going to KO Lamotta, nor do I believe in him stopping Jake.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2009, 04:43 PM   #17
laxpdx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnThomas1 View Post
Yeah, there's a history of people getting easy decisions and ko's over peak Lamotta
Not trolling here. When I said "easy", I'm speaking in regards to Marvin's overall superior abilities. And I just think it's possible Hagler could TKO him late. He was always good at getting opponents out.
laxpdx is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #18
MrMarvel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Touch fight at first. LaMotta could be busy. But Hagler would wear him down. I don't see this going beyond 10.
MrMarvel is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2009, 06:36 PM   #19
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

vCash: 563

How about hagler isn't losing to a fighter who's only gamesplan was:

Walk forwards...jab....jab...jab...get punched in face....walk forwards....jab....jab....jab....jab.....think about throwing right hand.....decidide to throw a jab instead....walk forwards.....jab jab...get hit in face.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2009, 06:46 PM   #20
The Morlocks
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe View Post

Walk forwards...jab....jab...jab...get punched in face....walk forwards....jab....jab....jab....jab.....think about throwing right hand.....decidide to throw a jab instead....walk forwards.....jab jab...get hit in face.
That's NOT how Jake fought. you have been watching Raging Bull too much
The Morlocks is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2009, 06:50 PM   #21
TheGreatA
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe View Post

Depends on which Jake you're talking about.

This LaMotta:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wwItkoapuA[/ame]

or this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp49ew3Uadg[/ame]
TheGreatA is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 12:57 AM   #22
KTFO

vCash:

Hagler TKO10(cuts) LaMotta
Old 11-26-2009, 03:13 AM   #23
Grinder
Dude, don't call me Dude
ESB Senior Member

No way either of these guys gets KOed.

UD Hagler.
Grinder is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 09:43 AM   #24
RockyJim
Contender
ESB Senior Member

This is a GREAT PPV!!!
RockyJim is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #25
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Bad stylistic matchup for Marvin. Jakes a pressure infighter. This is a close hard fought fight but Jake closes the gap. In a trilogy Marvin could take one but Jake is trouble for Marvin.
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 10:38 AM   #26
wellsini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
Bad stylistic matchup for Marvin. Jakes a pressure infighter. This is a close hard fought fight but Jake closes the gap. In a trilogy Marvin could take one but Jake is trouble for Marvin.

This

wellsini is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #27
Dave's Top Ten
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Bad stylistic matchup? Really? I think you may be basing that on one fight - Antuofermo I - where Vito put up a good show while getting handily outpointed (in the land of reality). I personally can't think of a better style matchup for Hagler, quite frankly.

Jake was exceptional at what he did, though. No way is it an easy fight for anyone, and the only way it gets stopped is on cuts. Barring cuts, Hagler wins on points with no controversy, but he'd have his work cut out.
Dave's Top Ten is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 03:27 PM   #28
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave's Top Ten View Post
Bad stylistic matchup? Really? I think you may be basing that on one fight - Antuofermo I - where Vito put up a good show while getting handily outpointed (in the land of reality). I personally can't think of a better style matchup for Hagler, quite frankly.

Jake was exceptional at what he did, though. No way is it an easy fight for anyone, and the only way it gets stopped is on cuts. Barring cuts, Hagler wins on points with no controversy, but he'd have his work cut out.

I seen some trouble with an older blown up Duran on the inside, Jake was naturally bigger and stronger than Duran. I dont think Hagler can hurt Jake and Yes the 1st Antufermo fight also sticks out but Jake was more of an acurate puncher than Vito and punched more Vito was strong but a grappler and mauler. I think the fights would be close but Jake wins.
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #29
Dave's Top Ten
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I seen some trouble with an older blown up Duran on the inside, Jake was naturally bigger and stronger than Duran. I dont think Hagler can hurt Jake and Yes the 1st Antufermo fight also sticks out but Jake was more of an acurate puncher than Vito and punched more Vito was strong but a grappler and mauler. I think the fights would be close but Jake wins.

Dunno about that Bummy. Duran caused problems for Hagler because he chose to fight on the outside which Hagler (and most people) didn't expect. Actually Hagler's best moments came when he decided to forget trying to counter Duran and took it to the inside eg rounds 6,7,14,15. Not that I'm trying to compare LaMotta and Duran at middleweight. In most cases Hagler ate up fighters coming to him, Hamsho, Sibson for example.

I'm not disagreeing with you that it would be a tough battle, but I just don't think the styles make it tough for Hagler. It would be Lamotta that made it tough. If anything though it's his style that would play into Hagler's hands ultimately.
Dave's Top Ten is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 04:19 PM   #30
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

We're not taking about the weight drained LaMotta Robinson dethroned, but the miserable SOB who decisioned Tiberi and stormed Dauthuille in the fifteenth round. Look at the late rounds of Antuofermo-Hagler I again. Jake is not the one who's getting worn down as the match progresses here. Marv should win the decision, but he'll have to do it by dominating through the first ten to 12 rounds, in building up an insurmountable lead for the home stretch. LaMotta may very well sweep the championship rounds, but a winded Hagler would have too much of a head start for Jake to overcome.
Duodenum is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum