Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-04-2007, 12:29 AM   #1
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Is Sven Ottke the biggest fraud in the history of the MW-LHW general region?

I surely think so, the worst part is that he has '21 defences' clocked in the books, when he has 4 universally considered losses that went to his favour via blatant robbery decision.

It was also interesting when a fighter found himself penalised for punching him in the face.

Should he be ridiculed badly until his career is looked at in a justified manner, meaning not deserving of a top 10 ranking at SMW?
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2007, 05:25 AM   #2
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 576
Default Re: Is Sven Ottke the biggest fraud in the history of the MW-LHW general region?

He was an undefeated, record-holding champion who reigned for most of his career and retired as a p4p top 5 boxer. Calzaghe and Roy Jones SHAMEFULLY ducked him.

Ottke is BY FAR the greatest super-middleweight of all time.
The Kurgan is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2007, 09:44 AM   #3
Mantequilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Is Sven Ottke the biggest fraud in the history of the MW-LHW general region?

What are the four universally considered losses?.

And the answer is James Toney.
Mantequilla is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 07:30 AM   #4
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Ottkes career isn't perfect. He certainly has a loss here or there. However his achievements are there to see. He is a top 10 168 pounder.

Amster, you carry out campaigns against fighters and its a bit much.

Ottke wasn't Jesus BUT what he achieved MUST be respected.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 09:08 AM   #5
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

"achillesthegreat" is right, Ottke surely should have retired with 4 or 5 defeats, but that wouldnīt change the fact that heīs surely a Top 10 SMW of all-times. Donīt forget, donīt blame him, it was his managment who was/ is so unbelievable corrupt and unsportsmanlike...
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 09:41 AM   #6
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.

I've only ever seen the 1st Brewer fight and the Reid one.
Brewer was a long time ago but I remember being gobsmacked at the verdict. As for the Reid fight, well, it's the biggest disgrace in boxing since Jones at the Olympics.
So I'm interested to know what his other contraversial fights were like. Were they genuinely crooked or a myth perpretrated by Max Kellerman!

I'm thinking of-
Larsen
Mitchell
Starie
Johnson and any others you peeps can think of.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 09:49 AM   #7
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

The novice Mundine is critised for being KO'd by Otke - Mundine had easily nearly won every round but was behind on the cards
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 09:52 AM   #8
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

He was a decent belt holder with some good wins, boring style, and 4-5 gift decisions. HE wouldn't compete with the top10 in the young 168lb division
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 04:58 PM   #9
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I wouldn't rate any guy with 4 or 5 wins that he shouldn't have anywhere near the top 10 of anything.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 04:59 PM   #10
cross_trainer
Bergeron Avatar Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Is Sven Ottke the biggest fraud in the history of the MW-LHW general region?
With the exception of a certain Welshman of low repute and froward morals.
cross_trainer is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 05:05 PM   #11
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
I surely think so, the worst part is that he has '21 defences' clocked in the books, when he has 4 universally considered losses that went to his favour via blatant robbery decision.

It was also interesting when a fighter found himself penalised for punching him in the face.

Should he be ridiculed badly until his career is looked at in a justified manner, meaning not deserving of a top 10 ranking at SMW?
ottke was 30 when he turned pro. fought 12 bums then challenged for a belt..........and won.

never "universally" lost a fight......some where disputed, but thats about it.

never fought for bum belts like the wbu or ibc or shit like that. didnt need 35 fights before challenging for a world title. not like that tatooed wannbe biker in your avatar!!

he may not be the greatest, but he was a great defensive fighter!!!!

not bad indeed.
unitas is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 05:13 PM   #12
doublesuited
Taylor TKO2 Pavlik
ESB Senior Member

How dare you speak Ottke's name in vain.
doublesuited is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 05:47 PM   #13
rendog67
The firestarter
ESB Senior Member

did he have anything to do with the terrible decisions? or did he just get in the ring and do his job unaware, i always wondered that.
rendog67 is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 06:44 PM   #14
Nemesis
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I admire Svennie, in a way, he wasnt particularly skilled in any area, but still managed to pull out the win most of the time

One thing that can be said is that he had very good stamina

Also, I agree with Mantequilla; James Toney is the most overrated SMW in history.
Nemesis is offline  Top
Old 10-05-2007, 08:03 PM   #15
Polymath
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendog67
did he have anything to do with the terrible decisions? or did he just get in the ring and do his job unaware, i always wondered that.
When Reid was being warned for landing clean punches, Ottke was continously bitching and whining to the referee, they were in it together; he knew what was going on.

And yes he is arguably one of the biggest frauds in boxing history, not just the 168 division.
Polymath is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum