Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-27-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Anyone here a fan of Sol Chitalada or Myung-woo Yuh?

I've came across these guys in my reading this week. I know that Jung Koo Chang and Yoko Gushiken are highly regarded on this forum, but I have never seen reference to Chitalada (despite his win over JKC) or MWY.

What about these two Eastern little guys?

For anyone unfamiliar with either man, here is some good action from a Myung-woo Yuh victory:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-lznbLglgM[/ame]
Popkins is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842
Default Re: Anyone here a fan of Sol Chitalada or Myung-woo Yuh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
I've came across these guys in my reading this week. I know that Jung Koo Chang and Yoko Gushiken are highly regarded on this forum, but I have never seen reference to Chitalada (despite his win over JKC) or MWY.

What about these two Eastern little guys?

For anyone unfamiliar with either man, here is some good action from a Myung-woo Yuh victory:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Wow! That dude in the white is great. His left hook to the body is a thing of beauty. I'm a fan. That was awesome action too.

Just doing some research. 17 defenses of the WBA Light Flyweight title, and avenged his only career loss. Exceptional. He looks like a really good technician, the way he'd double up his left hooks, and kept going to the body. Fantastic!
Addie is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

I like both of these guys.

Chitaladas wins over Chang are when Chang is near the end of his career and i felt Chang at least won one of them. Been a while since i seen some Chitalada actually.

Myung Woo Yuh i have seen abit of him nice strong stylist that was a ring general, afew of teh guys on here like Whatarock, Mantequilla etc.. are big admirers of Yuh (not you but Myung Woo YUh)
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2009, 09:29 PM   #4
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
Whatarock, Mantequilla etc.. are big admirers of Yuh (not you but Myung Woo YUh)

You can add me to that list...he looks superb. If he impresses me further, I'll be purchasing those fights off Jesse Reid Jr sharpish.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2009, 09:31 PM   #5
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post

You can add me to that list...he looks superb. If he impresses me further, I'll be purchasing those fights off Jesse Reid Jr sharpish.

alot of people like him after seeing him. good wee fighter
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #6
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Yuh was an excellent body puncher particularly. That left hook to the body being his best weapon. Combine that with excellent stamina and durability and you have a very formidable stylistic dilemma. I'd only rate Chang above him among Jr. Flyweights of the era. I think Zapata at his best would've bettered him though, as Yuh lacked the dynamism of Chang.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2009, 11:43 PM   #7
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Chitalada was one of history's biggest weight-cutters. The mad bastard.
McGrain is online now  Top
Old 11-27-2009, 11:44 PM   #8
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
Yuh was an excellent body puncher particularly. That left hook to the body being his best weapon. Combine that with excellent stamina and durability and you have a very formidable stylistic dilemma. I'd only rate Chang above him among Jr. Flyweights of the era. I think Zapata at his best would've bettered him though, as Yuh lacked the dynamism of Chang.
Yuh looks so good on film though. He just zooms in on the opponents body and bangs it..relentlessly. Was his record as good as it sounds, or was he fighting subpar opposition due to lack of depth. I see that he rarely left South Korea, were some of his decisions disputable?
Addie is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2009, 11:50 PM   #9
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Yuh looks so good on film though. He just zooms in on the opponents body and bangs it..relentlessly. Was his record as good as it sounds, or was he fighting subpar opposition due to lack of depth. I see that he rarely left South Korea, were some of his decisions disputable?
His decisions weren't disputed much from my knowledge, but his opposition wasn't routinely top notch. A fight between he and Chang was talked up, but the general consensus among Koreans was that Chang was just a different level of fighter. Interestingly enough I think it would've been a hell of a fight, though I'd have favored Chang.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2009, 11:59 PM   #10
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
His decisions weren't disputed much from my knowledge, but his opposition wasn't routinely top notch. A fight between he and Chang was talked up, but the general consensus among Koreans was that Chang was just a different level of fighter. Interestingly enough I think it would've been a hell of a fight, though I'd have favored Chang.
He looks brilliant on film, that's for sure. I was impressed immediately.

Do you have a wide range of fight films Pea? Just curious.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2009, 12:01 AM   #11
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Really big on Yuh at the moment...Love his style and intensity. Trying to get more film of him actually.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2009, 12:16 AM   #12
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
Really big on Yuh at the moment...Love his style and intensity. Trying to get more film of him actually.
Do you know where else I can get some..other than WayneBefre? I'm exciting about this guy.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2009, 01:12 AM   #13
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

What the hell. Just watching the full fight, and Yuh is beating the shit out of Tokushima in the 4th, almost doubling him over with a body shot. He eventually scores a knockdown, and then Tokushima's trainer comes running into the ring. The fight should have been stopped right there. Incidentally, this fight along with another I've watched of Yuh's, is going the exact same way. They have no answer to the body attack and educated pressure applied by Yuh, who...looks like he's there to be hit, but somehow doesn't get hit to often.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2009, 01:15 AM   #14
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

...This kid is getting a beating. Amazing display of body punching on the part of Yuh.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2009, 01:19 AM   #15
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Is his fight with Son on the tube?

This is one of the few fights of Yuh that I have in my collection and Ive watched it quite a few times in the last few months. He looks the shit there but he was young and probably not quite as polished as he was later.

It was an awful beating...Son looked ready to go after 2 rounds and got a couple of standing 8 counts put on him.
After that it was just a gradual beatdown, especially to the body. Defensively he was very sound for a fighter with his style, using textbook blocking skills at mid range to deflect almost everything that came his way.

Yuh had that sort of power that couldnt put guys away but that just meant they received a sustained beating..Sometimes I reckon thats worse for a fighters health
WhataRock is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum