AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Moon-Galaxy Rivalry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
Yours was quality Al.

How do you think Galaxy matches up with 'the best'? Who's the best fighter you'd pick him to beat?

Dunno, it's really hard to say. Great chin, good puncher, economical style. There isn't much to judge him by looking at his opponents, though the Vasquez fight was a good win. I really think Moon was made for him. Harada was similar to Moon but with more finesse. Harada's aggression would be more controlled. I think Moon was probably a bigger puncher than Harada and so Masahiko would settle down to boxing a bit more, picking his moments to score points and take a decision. Olivares might struggle a bit more depending on which version shows up. If he takes it to Galaxy he could be in for a shock. I do see him boxing as well, there is always the chance he might tag Khaokor and if he gets him in trouble it could be game over. I think Orlando Canizales could out work him. To beat him I think you've got to be able to mix your attack, box him. Prime Rose could probably pull it off. Castillo 50/50. He might beat Herrera, Martinez, Zamora and Lujan. Zarate to beat him but Pintor would be a war. Davila could give him problems, beautiful boxer that he was. Thinking about it maybe Lujan as well.
Anyway, just noticed the Davila Lujan fight is up, think I'll watch it.
AlFrancis is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2009, 09:17 AM   #137
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

right then after months of non stop hounding from Fleaman i have watched this fight (the rematch)

And can i thank Flea for telling me about it, it is one of the best displays i have ever seen and now one of my favrouite fights.

Early on i was impressed with Khaokers timing and movement. He got Moon to come forward landed his shots then stepped around to his right to open up a better angle and then was still in range to punch. Very impressive stuff.

His jab was very good keeping Moon off balance and setting up his other shots. Also his right hook was again very impressive especially to the body where he sometimes doubled it up to body then head. It was a fast hard punch that especially when he changed his angle. His straight left was particulary potent either after his right jab or hook it came straight down the middle in perfect time to catch Moon coming forward and this allowed Khaoker to step off at his angles as the long left kept Moon pinned down.

Later on in the fight Khaoker basically kept it up and started to throw more combinations. These combiations reminded me of Pnuematic Cylinders as he pumped them out fast, hard and with regular precision. These really did pin Moon down and when Khaoker l;anded his combination then changed angle and threw another combination i was blown away.

The later rounds were absouloute brillaint Moon just kept going and landed som heavy shots in the 10th but Khaoker came roaring back to nick the closest round of the fight (the 10th). The 11th was brilalint as Khaoker stepped his combos up and finally looked to be breaking down Moon forcing him to take a knee after some heavy Combinations rattled his way. Then another combo 30 seocnds later forced a standing 8 count but Khaoker couldnt finish him.

In the 12th Khaoker showed another dimension to his game working behind his jab and using excellant lateral movement to keep Moon at distance and go the full twelve. Nice fast movemnt to both sides behind a snappy jab.

Ovverall, an excellant display just 2 negatives seemed to lack the punch to keep Moon off him and only really got to Moon late afte beating him for 10 rounds prior to that. Although Moon is tough he hit him heaps. Also at times Galaxy was off balance as he moved to the sides and afew times ws caught off balance by the ever-trying Moon.
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2009, 11:48 AM   #138
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Al and Greg:
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #139
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

why thanks Flea

any points you want to discuss about it
Old 11-28-2009, 01:15 PM   #140
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Well, one thing is that is backs up Moons chin. He took massive amounts of punishment before he finally went down. I see NO super-fly stoping him, certain Bantams (Jofre, Zarate, Olivares MIGHT do but Moon is relentless even when he has little hope whatsoever) With bigger punches may have him out for the count but whilst not as destructive a puncher as his Brother (opposition?) Khaokor is definitely a solid one.

Greg I'm just glad you watched it; although Moon is one dimensional (albet he is awesome at pressurising/punching) I hope you see now why I rate Khaokor so highly.

The Vasquez fight will reaffirm that; quality performance against a decent operator.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #141
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

Moon has a solid chin he could be put down but always got back up and Galaxy looked like he had broke Moons heart but Moon got up and soldiered on very tough hombre. Like you say he is 1 dimensional but brillaint at it but Moon just used a tight angle to still catch Moon coming forward but be out of the way of him.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:41 PM   #142
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

So, do you see why I have a fondness for Khaokor now? Who do you feel is the better fighter, Khaosai or Khaokor? Better still, who would win in a 116.5 lb catchweight showdown between the brothers?
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #143
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

yeh i see why you like him.

I think Khaoker si the better fighter but you could probably argue Khaosai was greater. I think Khaoker beats his bro
Old 11-28-2009, 02:06 PM   #144
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
yeh i see why you like him.

I think Khaoker si the better fighter but you could probably argue Khaosai was greater. I think Khaoker beats his bro
Any ideas on where he ranks head to head? Who's the best guy you could see him beating? Watch the Vasqueza fight as well, another astounding performance
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #145
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

not sure Flea will have to think it over more.

ill try get that Vasquez fight

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum