ive wrote a post on this a while agop ill dig it up and post it here
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #3
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pascual Perez vs Miguel Canto

I have so much respect for both of these guys...Perez was so great, yet Canto was one of my favorite fighters..or should I say BOXERS of the 70's...I think he was a classic..he would have gotten the decision.
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2009, 07:23 PM   #4
essexboy
The Cat
ESB Addict

vCash: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
ive wrote a post on this a while agop ill dig it up and post it here
Nice one.
essexboy is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

Right,

I see Perez winning the first few rounds with his shifty footwork and awkward angles which take Canto a while to adjust too. Especially the angles that the punches come from Pascual they come from all angles. I can see Canto taking it slow trying to figure him out and gettin outworked.

I think Canto figures out Pascual and starts scoring off the back foot. Kingpetch had the most sucess scoring off the back foot than anywehere else so i suspect Canto would be best served to do this and would take adavantage of it landing his shots on the advancing Perez by landing straight lefts and inparticular uppercuts that seem to trouble Perez.

I can see Pascauls persitance and awkward footwork culminating in an awkward left hook that drops Canto in these mid rounds but Canto gets up re adjusts and carrys on.

In the later rounds i can see Pascuals workrate pulling it through for him as he steps it up and starts out fighting and out punching Canto to take these later rounds.

Pascaul Perez UD 15

8-7 roughly

One thing i noticed was Perez was very awkward in the inside he had a good defence by rolling his head and his shots came from odd angles, i dont think Canto could actually be real slick inside with Perez and would get beat up on the inside his best chance would be too move.
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
essexboy
The Cat
ESB Addict

vCash: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
Right,

I see Perez winning the first few rounds with his shifty footwork and awkward angles which take Canto a while to adjust too. Especially the angles that the punches come from Pascual they come from all angles. I can see Canto taking it slow trying to figure him out and gettin outworked.

I think Canto figures out Pascual and starts scoring off the back foot. Kingpetch had the most sucess scoring off the back foot than anywehere else so i suspect Canto would be best served to do this and would take adavantage of it landing his shots on the advancing Perez by landing straight lefts and inparticular uppercuts that seem to trouble Perez.

I can see Pascauls persitance and awkward footwork culminating in an awkward left hook that drops Canto in these mid rounds but Canto gets up re adjusts and carrys on.

In the later rounds i can see Pascuals workrate pulling it through for him as he steps it up and starts out fighting and out punching Canto to take these later rounds.

Pascaul Perez UD 15

8-7 roughly

One thing i noticed was Perez was very awkward in the inside he had a good defence by rolling his head and his shots came from odd angles, i dont think Canto could actually be real slick inside with Perez and would get beat up on the inside his best chance would be too move.
Nicely put.
essexboy is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 02:10 PM   #7
Mantequilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Canto.
Mantequilla is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #8
GPater11093