Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-07-2009, 09:00 AM   #16
essexboy
The Cat
ESB Addict

vCash: 418
Default Re: Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales I (Genero Hernandez Commentary)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantequilla View Post
Barrera won this by at least 4 points imo.Far higher quality of punching on display from him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Agreed I had it 8-4 MAB could have been 9-3. 1 of the greatest fights of all time too

I'd disagree with Addie who said his prime came later, I think MABs prime was this fight, because while being technically and defensively smooth at this time he also had more heart, I don't think he ever really went to war the same way again he lost his desire for war after this fight

How did everyone else score it other than Bill Butcher
I had it 116-112 as well although it should have been a point closer as it wasnt a knockdown at the end. Classic fight.
essexboy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2009, 05:29 PM   #17
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842
Default Re: Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales I (Genero Hernandez Commentary)

Quote:
How do we know his stamina was as good given he didnt fight at the same tempo against the same class of opponent again? Even if it was Barrera had lost his blood lust and changed from a pressure fighter to boxer puncher. Regardless above 122lbs just wasnt Barreras division
Weight class had nothing to do with it. Some of Barrera's greatest performances happened at 126lbs. Barrera was a better fighter as a boxer puncher than he ever had been as a pressure fighter. Marco beat nobody of note with the exception of Jones and maybe benavides at 122lbs, it's silly to say he was at his prime during that time.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #18
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
vCash: 1000

Quote:
I think he clearly looked past prime in Morales 2, and it wasn't because of what Morales did but because MAB lost a step for me
Of course it was, he tightened up his D compared to fight one & actually brought a jab to the table, he never engaged for sustained periods, instead choosing to box from distance.

Poor verdict if not a robbery.

Ps. I scored fight one 7-5 to Morales with at least 4 rds that could have gone either way which is why I dont argue too much with those who think Barrera won, only the morons that think he dominated Morales.

Botswana
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #19
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
Of course it was, he tightened up his D compared to fight one & actually brought a jab to the table, he never engaged for sustained periods, instead choosing to box from distance.

Poor verdict if not a robbery.

Ps. I scored fight one 7-5 to Morales with at least 4 rds that could have gone either way which is why I dont argue too much with those who think Barrera won, only the morons that think he dominated Morales.

Botswana
Sorry Bill, only a moron would consider fight 2 a definitive win either way.

I agree with you though. Barrera was prime time for Morales II. Neither fighter wanted a repeat of 2000's fight of the year, they both came to box, and it was clear that Marco did better against Morales when he engaged. He found that out the hard way, and visibly switched his gameplan mid fight to accommodate that. I don't think what Morales did was winning the fight necessarily, but Marco wasn't comfortable.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #20
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Sorry Bill, only a moron would consider fight 2 a definitive win either way.

I agree with you though. Barrera was prime time for Morales II. Neither fighter wanted a repeat of 2000's fight of the year, they both came to box, and it was clear that Marco did better against Morales when he engaged. He found that out the hard way, and visibly switched his gameplan mid fight to accommodate that. I don't think what Morales did was winning the fight necessarily, but Marco wasn't comfortable.
Winning 8 rds is definitive enough for me.

Ps. I know quite a few morons it seems, specifically everycunt that Ive ever shown fight 2, seriously. Everyone of my mates seen a clear Morales win & they range from casual to good boxing fans, they dont like boxing the way I do but they know enough to watch it with & not get slapped for talking wet.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:44 PM   #21
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Winning 8 rds is definitive enough for me.

Ps. I know quite a few morons it seems, specifically everycunt that Ive ever shown fight 2, seriously. Everyone of my mates seen a clear Morales win & they range from casual to good boxing fans, they dont like boxing the way I do but they know enough to watch it with & not get slapped for talking wet.

Tell them to take up golf, and you can hold the clubs.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #22
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Quote:
Tell them to take up golf, and you can hold the clubs.
The majority prefer your boy too & **** golf, I hate that shit.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #23
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 118

So what exactly was the point of giving Morales the win here, if the majority felt he didn't deserve it?

Of course I'm imagining the term trilogy was jingling in many peoples minds from the start... Did Morales have a larger fanbase... what?
Russell is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #24
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell View Post
So what exactly was the point of giving Morales the win here, if the majority felt he didn't deserve it?

Of course I'm imagining the term trilogy was jingling in many peoples minds from the start... Did Morales have a larger fanbase... what?
Morales was seen as the better fighter (looks like they had it right)
Old 12-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #25
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Errrrm, explain?
Russell is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 07:58 PM   #26
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Errrrm, explain?
It's simple, Russell. Morales could have conceivably won the fight based on his work rate. The fight was close, and it ended up a Split decision. No corruption, no other reason than Morales edging out a close fight. Most of the fans sit down and score the fight for Marco because he was inflicting more damage, but there's still some who score it for Morales...Bill Butcher and his mother.

Rounds 3, 6, 7, 8, and 9 could have genuinely been scored either way in my view.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 08:07 PM   #27
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Quote:
It's simple, Russell. Morales could have conceivably won the fight based on his work rate. The fight was close, and it ended up a Split decision. No corruption, no other reason than Morales edging out a close fight. Most of the fans sit down and score the fight for Marco because he was inflicting more damage, but there's still some who score it for Morales...Bill Butcher and his mother.

Rounds 3, 6, 7, 8, and 9 could have genuinely been scored either way in my view.
Rds 1, 4 & 11 too were arguable, thats why the fight was so great.

Ps. my mother hates boxing, shame on her
Old 12-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #28
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Quote:
Errrrm, explain?
I scored the 1st 2 fights for Morales & the 3rd fight even, I think Morales has the superior record outside of their trilogy too.

You really have to watch all 3 fights with no sound/commentary to score the fights properly, a lot of posters dont know the benefits of doing so, Im here to show them the light.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #29
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I scored the 1st 2 fights for Morales & the 3rd fight even, I think Morales has the superior record outside of their trilogy too.

You really have to watch all 3 fights with no sound/commentary to score the fights properly, a lot of posters dont know the benefits of doing so, Im here to show them the light.
You sound like a ****.
Russell is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #30
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:

Shut up, Bill. You scored the fights that way because you love Morales, and hate Barrera. It's that simple. You even admitted it. Your always looking for reasons to give a round to Morales. Barrera didn't win the fights in the eyes of the people because of the commentary. I've listen to three different commentaries, I scored the fight the same regardless.
Addie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum