Old 10-06-2007, 06:47 PM   #16
SweetScience
Accuracy is the key!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I believe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEER:30
Didn't you say a while back that you just started a few months ago? You haven't had a fight yet, but you've been boxing for three years?
Yep, gonna be having my first fight on November 10. I didnt fight the past few years coz of school and I didnt think I would be able to handle it.
SweetScience is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2007, 07:34 PM   #17
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

So using your theory I could get someone eating 5000 cals a day (not balanced P/C/F just whatever they like) but they won't gain weight because they box?

Complete bollox.
viru§™ is online now  Top
Old 10-06-2007, 08:07 PM   #18
allenko1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScience
Yep, gonna be having my first fight on November 10. I didnt fight the past few years coz of school and I didnt think I would be able to handle it.
I wish you luck, but I think you'll realize that you're thinking is a off after while...
allenko1 is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2007, 08:11 PM   #19
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict

WTF.....im speechless......
cardstars is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 02:14 AM   #20
JMonster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i hope/think that maybe what ur saying is that when ur hungry for a lil snack, it's ok to eat it based on that ur body wouldn't tell u that u were hungry if u really weren't? another example would be say u worked out harder that day so ur body was more hungry, it's ok to eat more food because ur body actually needs it...??? hope i maybe straightened somet things out...
JMonster is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 03:28 AM   #21
SweetScience
Accuracy is the key!
ESB Senior Member

Yep.. That's what im trying to say JMonster.
SweetScience is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 07:23 AM   #22
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Rather strange post. I personally dont have a strict diet. Im not a boxer yet , (i was boxing for a few months but im going away soon so cant keep it up) so i do tend to eat a few fatty foods that i know i shouldnt. I eat alot of cheeses and dairy products cos of the protein and cos of the exercise and training i know im burning most of the fat in these products off (iv not gained weight) And i have the odd beer ect.

HOWEVER !!! i would never say that diet doesnt matter to a boxer. And i dont know who put this idea into your head my friend. When i get back from my 4 month trip and i get back into training i will be working out my diet very carefully. Not just as a boxer should but as any athelete should. Just google nutrition and boxing or nutrition and sport and youll see why youve had the above comments. Sorry dude
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 12:54 AM   #23
JMonster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i figured...it might work for ur body, but not everybody can do it. some ppl will eat till they throw up like a dog if someone doesn't stop them lol. another thing that i think that ur thinking of is diet as in not eating as much foods to lose weight or to keep the same weight ect. where as the ppl here r thinking diet as in eating 2-3 servings on protein, 4-5 dairy or w/e the hell the pyramid says. if it works for u, do it, if not, listen to what they all r saying lol. hope i could help
JMonster is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2007, 10:14 AM   #24
The_Hammer

to be fair your theory actually supports strict dieting. You said that as long as you maintain close to fighting weight, you can eat whatever you want and as much of it as you want. Well, if you are going to stay at your fighting weight you're pretty much limited to a strict diet.
The_Hammer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing