Old 10-08-2007, 12:32 PM   #16
Little_Mac
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Weight training agenda for a newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ
I think you are right, what they do pretty much touches on all aspects of physical fitness. What's better in improving general fitness in your opinion, military type training (obstacle courses, runs, bodyweight exercises, etc) or track & field? I've never seen a full military program.
"military" programs are basically the same as track and field programs, i mean they're fairly similar, with the exception of a few crazy obstacle courses and some live fire drills. Isn't the whole point of ancient (olympic) track and field to prepare foot soldiers for combat anyways? that's why theres competitions for running, javelins, sprinting, etc -All combat related activities.

My best friend from high school is in the army and he just completed basic- he says the physical part of it was a total joke. He was in crazy good shape tho (before he left). For morning formation they did like 20 jumping jacks and something like 20 burpees and thats it. He also went to Ft. Jackson tho (Relaxin Jackson) and from what i hear Ft. Benning (infantry) might be a little tougher.
Little_Mac is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing