Old 12-01-2009, 11:47 PM   #61
kostya by ko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post
Zack Page isn't bad. Solid gatekeeper, and he's knocked off a few prospects on the way up (including knocking out Kasim Howard not too long ago, who some had touted as a possible big thing). He won a wide decision over Cisse Salif not too long ago if that gives people a decent idea of where he is. He likes to grab a lot, he doesn't have a great workrate, and he's on the small side, but he comes in to play the role of the spoiler and has a lot of tricks to disrupt a fighter's rhythm. I guess Sauerland must have really high hopes for this kid if they've put him in with someone like Page this early.
cheers. good info.
kostya by ko is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #62
dominic1234
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 382

Sweet lord have mercy, Kubrat Pulev is going to fight Oleg Platov in January on the Sebastian Sylvester undercard.

This guy is one serious badass.
dominic1234 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #63
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominic1234 View Post
Sweet lord have mercy, Kubrat Pulev is going to fight Oleg Platov in January on the Sebastian Sylvester undercard.

This is some crazy matchmaking from Sauerland for this guy.
ishy is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #64
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post

This is some crazy matchmaking from Sauerland for this guy.
They have a lot of confidence in him.
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2009, 07:03 PM   #65
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcaldemb View Post
They have a lot of confidence in him.
Evidently so! I guess his age has a lot to do with it as well. At 28 they can't waste time padding his record out.
ishy is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2009, 07:51 PM   #66
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Platov is a tough fight. He's limited but he can bang as good as anybody in the division. It'll certainly test Pulev's chin and heart. He should try to avoid slugging with Oleg and stick to his boxing.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2009, 11:09 PM   #67
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominic1234 View Post

Wow. Sure hope he can pull it off. How many rounds is it?
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 06:50 AM   #68
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
This Zack Page chap is a small heavyweight apparently but he is very experienced and went the distance with many American prospects. It will be a good sign if Pulev manages to stop him.

One question,ivo!

Yesterday night we painted the town red and had a splendid evening with lots of drinks and a lot of fun.
We met a group of Bulgarian people(2 pretty girls from Sofia,and a manager from Varna). Neither of them has ever heard of Pulev.
He doesnt seem to be very known in Bulgaria,does he?
Odo is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 08:20 AM   #69
dominic1234
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
Wow. Sure hope he can pull it off. How many rounds is it?
8 rounds. Robert Helenius also faces Lamon Brewster on the same card in a 10 round bout. Should be a telling night for the prospects.
dominic1234 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 06:58 AM   #70
ogii3
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Just watch finally Pulev's match against Page. Not so good performance by Bulgarian. He agreed with this and said that Page was very fast and used a lot to clinch with head down.

Kubrat won clearly just 6 round, lost 3rd by little and in the others he had small dominance. Seems he may have problems with fast boxers (Pulev is also very fast for his 107-109 kg).

THis fight must be a clear sign for him that every fighter is different and he must prepare himself for the style of his opponent. I am pretty sure he didn't train for such a fast boxer as Page.

I think Platov was the perfect match, because Ukrainian is slower then Pulev. In the last three years Platov had just 3 fights (i have a chance to diner with Oleg and the guys of his coaching team in Zurich last year, where he fought Jason Gavern and he said that have some injuries problems and this was the reason for not so much matches).

Interesting fact is that Platov's manager is Ivailo Gotzev, who wanted to have a Bulgarian fighter in his stable and wanted to sign Pulev, but Kubrat prefers Sauerland. Year ago there were comanagment between Ivailo and Sauerland. Don't know what is the current situation right now.
ogii3 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #71
BoxingFanBG
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
You should have asked them: Do you know the boyfriend of Andrea, he is a HW boxer?

I don't like the matchmaking, he is thrown way too early. If he gets beaten in his first 10 fights, Pulevs career may be over. Also I hope that Pulev will s**** the Bulgarian boxing stance and keep his hands up against Platov.
BoxingFanBG is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2009, 04:00 AM   #72
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
One question,ivo!

Yesterday night we painted the town red and had a splendid evening with lots of drinks and a lot of fun.
We met a group of Bulgarian people(2 pretty girls from Sofia,and a manager from Varna). Neither of them has ever heard of Pulev.
I find it strange because Pulev's girlfriend is kind of Bulgarian celebrity. I would not be surprised if they did not know him only because of boxing. Boxing is not popular in Bulgaria. I guess in general Bulgarians know Pulev because he is part of the night life. The fact is that Pulev's last 2 fights were not shown on Bulgarian TV.
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #73
wally
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Just hope it won't be Yoan Pablo Hernandez all over again for Sauerland and Pulev.

Still I love it. Much better than Universum and if he manages to pull it off, then the world is his
wally is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 06:26 AM   #74
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFanBG View Post
You should have asked them: Do you know the boyfriend of Andrea, he is a HW boxer?

I don't like the matchmaking, he is thrown way too early. If he gets beaten in his first 10 fights, Pulevs career may be over. Also I hope that Pulev will s**** the Bulgarian boxing stance and keep his hands up against Platov.
You are probably right.I should have asked for Andrea's boyfriend
Odo is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 06:30 AM   #75
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
I find it strange because Pulev's girlfriend is kind of Bulgarian celebrity. I would not be surprised if they did not know him only because of boxing. Boxing is not popular in Bulgaria. I guess in general Bulgarians know Pulev because he is part of the night life. The fact is that Pulev's last 2 fights were not shown on Bulgarian TV.

I couldnt remember the name of Pulev's girlfriend,ivo.

I told them that Pulev's babe is a well known Bulgarian singer.Nevertheless,they didnt know Pulev nor were they able to guess who he was.

Well,if he keeps winning his fights and keeps fighting one well known and recognisable name after another he will soon become Bulgaria's best known sportsman

I will take off my hat to him if his fight with Platov comes off and Pulev is victorious!

PS: I still think that this kind of matchmaking is pure madness and quite stupid!
Odo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum