Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-14-2009, 09:23 AM   #16
Mantequilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Julio Cesar Chavez vs Juan LaPorte

Or of course they actually did think Randall was winning for worthy reasons.
Mantequilla is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2009, 09:29 AM   #17
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
You talk shit. Get over it and face up to the fact that Lopez just isn't that proven.

'Too Sharp' was brilliant though.
Its not talking shit when its the truth
anarci is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #18
MRBILL
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
Ive heard a lot of ESB members say the same about the 2nd Randall fight, I thought JCC fought well on the backfoot, scoring some nice counters but because he wasnt his usual self, coming forward with pressure, they assume he is losing the fight.
I thought Frank Randall was butt-reamed in the rematch with Chavez......... Randall almost decked Chavez in round 2.... Randall was turning on the juice and Chavez looked like he wanted no part of it by round 8........... Chavez did have a round or two in the 4th and 5th stanza's, but Randall was nailing Chavez good in round 7..... Yes, by round 8, Chavez wanted his friends King and three amigo's to aide his escape...... Randall got shafted there......

MR.BILL
MRBILL is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 10:42 AM   #19
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBILL View Post
I thought Frank Randall was butt-reamed in the rematch with Chavez......... Randall almost decked Chavez in round 2.... Randall was turning on the juice and Chavez looked like he wanted no part of it by round 8........... Chavez did have a round or two in the 4th and 5th stanza's, but Randall was nailing Chavez good in round 7..... Yes, by round 8, Chavez wanted his friends King and three amigo's to aide his escape...... Randall got shafted there......

MR.BILL
Im a big Chavez fan but i admit that I have to agree with you. Chavez was already past it,but I think Randall would have even given a prime Chavez fits. Style wise he had what it took to always give Chavez problems, Im not saying he beats a prime Chavez but he would have made it real close
anarci is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 12:20 PM   #20
Tin_Ribs
Me
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Sense View Post
I always thought it was pretty close fight; could've gone either way by a point or two IMO.
This.

I've never scored it but it seemed to be tight with neither man ever really gaining the upper hand from what I remember - I might have to take another look. JCC had a couple of close calls like this before he hit his absolute best.
Tin_Ribs is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 04:16 PM   #21
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
It honestly never crossed my mind anyone could consider giving this fight to LaPorte. It was a tightly contested action fight, but Chavez was clearly getting the best of most of the exchanges.
i had it fairly wide t Chavez i think 117-111 but i wouldtn argue with someone habving it to Laporte just a real close fight IMO
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #22
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
i had it fairly wide t Chavez i think 117-111 but i wouldtn argue with someone habving it to Laporte just a real close fight IMO
You had it 117-111 but you wouldn't argue it being scored the other way?

That's a huge shift, fella.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 04:27 PM   #23
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

it was one of those fights with every round being pretty close and hard fought i think Chavez should have won but i can se why people think Laporte could have won as if you watche dthe figth as a whole it would be alot closer than if you broke down every round IMO also it depended on what you liked aswell
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 05:22 PM   #24
la-califa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarci View Post
Im a big Chavez fan but i admit that I have to agree with you. Chavez was already past it,but I think Randall would have even given a prime Chavez fits. Style wise he had what it took to always give Chavez problems, Im not saying he beats a prime Chavez but he would have made it real close
Don't forget, there was a third fight. & Chavez made a good account of himself in that one.
la-califa is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 06:11 PM   #25
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by la-califa View Post
Don't forget, there was a third fight. & Chavez made a good account of himself in that one.
Yey but they were both shot by then Randall just more so.

What part of LA your from la-Califa?
anarci is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2009, 05:06 AM   #26
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
Ive heard a lot of ESB members say the same about the 2nd Randall fight, I thought JCC fought well on the backfoot, scoring some nice counters but because he wasnt his usual self, coming forward with pressure, they assume he is losing the fight.
Thankyou BB.........when I first joined ESB in the early part of the decade, I often was in JC Chavez threads arguing that very point.

Chavez fought well on the backfoot in the late portions of that fight before it was stopped for the cut.

Randall had been scoring well with his staight right, and to change things up and move away from getting nailed with that hammer right of Randall's, Chavez started angling away from Randall and countering his aggression.
When Chavez was pulling away, Randall was having a hard time reaching him........I vividly remember Chavez on the backfoot, going backward hitting the ropes with his back and instantly pivoting off the ropes with an incoming Randall, and Chavez laying hands on Randall's body with a couple of well placed left hooks, and skipping away inviting Randall to come to him.

Chavez was really an exellent boxer (Emmanuel Steward often has talked about how much Chavez' boxing skills were underrated.)

.....in any regards, you're absolutely right.....the last round or two Chavez fought on the backfoot vs Randall and all I've ever heard from the haters in this forum back in the day when I often chimed into Chavez threads was "you're kidding us divac, Chavez got owned!"

.......to which I often answered, had that been Pernell Whitaker in that ring doing exactly what Chavez was doing while he was fighting off the backfoot against Randall, you all would be saying Whitaker was propinating Randall a boxing lesson.

Chavez was wrongly stereotyped as a brawler, but he was so far from that.......imo he is the best boxer/puncher I've ever seen in my 30 years of watching the sport.
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2009, 05:16 AM   #27
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarci View Post
Yey but they were both shot by then Randall just more so.

What part of LA your from la-Califa?
Agreed, Chavez holds the official edge 2-1. I'm probably the biggest Chavez fan there is here, and I certainly would'nt brag about that 3rd fight when both should have been retired.

.......it would be like a Ray Leonard fans bragging that Leonard was 2-1 against Duran. We all know that 3rd fight in both cases are irrelevant.
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2009, 06:24 AM   #28
MRBILL
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I scored the '04 PPV from Mexico......... Chavez looked in fine shape, where as Randall looked okay....... In 2004 it was quite clear that Chavez was better trained and preserved than Randall....... Drug and alcohol use / abuse had been rumored from both sides, and I believe both are guilty, but Randall looked more used up in 2004 at or near 43 yrs of age.......

MR.BILL
MRBILL is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum