boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao - do you even care?
Yes. 216 81.51%
No. 17 6.42%
I used to. 32 12.08%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2009, 02:21 PM   #6391
DatBo215
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Roach: No blood test for Manny

If the rumor was that Pac had loaded gloves would people (Roach included) be as opposed to there being a review or inspection to how the hands were wrapped, what is used, and provide samples?? I doubt it. Bringing up where the rumor started, or what the rumor is, is pointless. It doesn't matter where the rumor started or that it is a rumor the only thing that matters is there is a request to have a stricter testing policy for the biggest fight of the decade. Who requested it and why doesn't matter if you truely have nothing to hide. (again i don't think Pac is on PED's) People saying the rumors are casting a shadow on the sport are ridiculous. What would cast a shadow on the sport is if there was any doubt surrounding in the biggest fight in the past decade. Having a failed drug test after the fight would do far more damage to the sport than having two fighters take and pass a test prior to the fight. People need to really put their alliances aside and think about this logically. Stricter policy more concrete outcome. Who cares why, how, when, or any of the other details.
DatBo215 is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2009, 02:26 PM   #6392
rayhogan
Dont worry Pac, you wont
East Side VIP

Default Re: Do you think that Pacquiao is taking ILLEGAL performance enhancing drugs?

I think he has taken. Roach exposed himself when he won't let Manny take the blood test. Roach said the blood test will affect Manny's training? For god sake Mayweather will be taking a blood test too in which i'm Sure Mayweather don't think a blood test will affect him.
rayhogan is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #6393
Antwuan Maxx
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor879 View Post
When has Floyd Mayweather "Jr." ever said Pacquiao was on drugs? I've seen other guys say it, but I've never seen Mayweather Jr. say anything other than that he'll beat Pacquiao.

I also said it is up to Floyd to expel all doubts about him using any PEDs as well. Hence, no double standard. The burden is not just on Pacman, it is also on Floyd.

You seem fascinated with the argument that, "if the rumors weren't spread, we wouldn't be talking about drug testing." While that may be true, it does not change the fact that both fighters should undergo drug testing prior to the bout. It really is that simple.
In the radio interview with R.A. The Rugged Man, Floyd mentioned something about the Phillipines having the best performance enhancing drugs in regards to Pacquiao.
Antwuan Maxx is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #6394
DeanoFlash
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBo215 View Post
If the rumor was that Pac had loaded gloves would people (Roach included) be as opposed to there being a review or inspection to how the hands were wrapped, what is used, and provide samples?? I doubt it. Bringing up where the rumor started, or what the rumor is, is pointless. It doesn't matter where the rumor started or that it is a rumor the only thing that matters is there is a request to have a stricter testing policy for the biggest fight of the decade. Who requested it and why doesn't matter if you truely have nothing to hide. (again i don't think Pac is on PED's) People saying the rumors are casting a shadow on the sport are ridiculous. What would cast a shadow on the sport is if there was any doubt surrounding in the biggest fight in the past decade. Having a failed drug test after the fight would do far more damage to the sport than having two fighters take and pass a test prior to the fight. People need to really put their alliances aside and think about this logically. Stricter policy more concrete outcome. Who cares why, how, when, or any of the other details.
DeanoFlash is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #6395
rayhogan
Dont worry Pac, you wont
East Side VIP

Default Re: Do you think that Pacquiao is taking ILLEGAL performance enhancing drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
No, I dont think so...IMO he's feeled out into a powerhouse...I hope I'm wrong...we dont need a black to our sport! (Like Margorito)
The way Roach said that a blood test will affect Manny training tells me Roach is hiding. If Mayweather agree to the blood test then why can't Manny take a blood test?
rayhogan is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #6396
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

I don't think so. A healthy diet / lifestyle and a good training regime can produce remarkable results.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #6397
mking
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 90

If he is it would really suck for the sport of boxing with all the **** from the judges and Margarito, it would make the sport look like ****. I dont think he is on any substances though.
mking is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2009, 02:33 PM   #6398
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

There's no need for this type of blood test nor any reason to suspect Pac of anything illegal. If someone suggested Floyd take a blood test, I'm sure he would be livid, as would the fanboys.

If they want to make this type of test policy, that's one thing. If this is just Floyd's paranoia...then **** the test.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2009, 02:34 PM   #6399
MexicanJew
Jajajajajaja
ESB Addict

Hell no. Everything he takes is perfectly legal.

People have this idea that taking supplements is somehow akin to taking anabolic steroids, which is total bull****.

99% of athletes take supplements. Energy drinks and mixes workouts, amino acid drinks, various herbal derivatives that can increase strength and improve recovery.

None of that is illegal or unnatural
MexicanJew is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #6400
rayhogan
Dont worry Pac, you wont
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
There's no need for this type of blood test nor any reason to suspect Pac of anything illegal. If someone suggested Floyd take a blood test, I'm sure he would be livid, as would the fanboys.

If they want to make this type of test policy, that's one thing. If this is just Floyd's paranoia...then **** the test.
Mayweather agree to take a blood test you knuckle head lol. If Floyd is going to do it then why can't Manny? Is Manny hiding something? hmmmm.
rayhogan is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #6401
haglerforever
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Is there any proof Roach said this?

Probably just b.s.

Tell you what though, how many boxers in the history of the sport have carried or increased their punching power as they moved up in weight fighting bigger men.

Any clean athelete takes the tests at any time,no forewarning ,period....
haglerforever is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #6402
Mr. Blobby
Contender
ESB Senior Member

hahaha ppl will believe anything in forums these days

where is the source???

the poster got this from another person from another forum?

here's sum another quotes

Roach knows that his star pupil Pacquiao will pass the drug and blood tests with flying colors and feels that Mayweather's side is scared of Pacquiao and his power.

"They can do whatever kind of drug testing they want," stated Roach to ESPN, adding:

"They're scared of Manny and scared of his power. He'll pass any test in the world."
Mr. Blobby is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2009, 02:48 PM   #6403
crimson
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBo215 View Post
If there was a rumor that Mayweather pays off the refs and judges should he release his financial statements and tax returns? I know he loves discussing his personal financial situation to the public.
crimson is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #6404
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

There's no reason for a blood test. None. Floyd's letting his daddy's bull**** enter his paranoia.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2009, 02:56 PM   #6405
thekid
SEC
ESB Senior Member

[quote=haglerforever;5679236]Is there any proof Roach said this?

Probably just b.s.

Tell you what though, how many boxers in the history of the sport have carried or increased their punching power as they moved up in weight fighting bigger men.

Any clean athelete takes the tests at any time,no forewarning ,period.... it s not bs freddie said this but dont pay any attention to it he's re****ed
thekid is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum