Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Who is Australia's Best Up & Coming Prospect???
Lenny Zappavigna 8 32.00%
Will Tomlinson 7 28.00%
Oyewale Omotoso 5 20.00%
King Davidson 0 0%
Lance Gostelow 0 0%
Jarrod Fletcher 0 0%
Michael Bolling 0 0%
Dilshod Mahmudov 0 0%
Paul Fleming 1 4.00%
Fred Mundraby 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2009, 04:25 PM   #16
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Van Diemen's Land
Posts: 5,260
vCash: 75
Default Re: Aussie Boxing Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
He could start by turning up to local cards for a start.

Marcus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2009, 06:22 PM   #17
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,143
vCash: 1275
Default Re: Aussie Boxing Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
DSS has just stepped up his campaign so look out mate
i noticed.......prick
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:38 PM   #18
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the heart of the Saints...
Posts: 2,310
vCash: 850
Default Re: Aussie Boxing Top Prospect

Will Tomlinson
Lenny Zappavigna

Both have great potential if steered in the right direction.
Both will need plenty of exposure to the o/s market sitting on undercards.

Will the destroyer, 10 wins, 10 KO's, KO% 90.91............
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:45 PM   #19
tyboa
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: mt isa/brisbane
Posts: 15
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Aussie Boxing Top Prospect

good to see fred gets a mention here.he dosent get much coverage up in cairns & his trainer carnt do much for him atm being out in mt isa.but next year i here fred is coming to brisbane working with a new promoter.look out for fred in 2010 this young man can hit hard for 53kg.
tyboa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:03 PM   #20
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,143
vCash: 1275
Default Re: Aussie Boxing Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyboa View Post
good to see fred gets a mention here.he dosent get much coverage up in cairns & his trainer carnt do much for him atm being out in mt isa.but next year i here fred is coming to brisbane working with a new promoter.look out for fred in 2010 this young man can hit hard for 53kg.
Great to hear mate.
I tried to include guys from a variety of weights.
I really like wat i see in young Mundraby.
All he needs is a bit more exposure & experience.
If he is down in Brisbane with Ace Boxing or Jamie Myer he will get this.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:38 PM   #21
kruger
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 168
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Aussie Boxing Top Prospect

If mundray can keep his shit together remain focussed and train hard then he is a MASSIVE talent.

Problem is he has gone off the track a couple of times already...

He had a couple of fights up in townsville that he barely prepared for and looked unimpressive. Other fights though he has been INSANELY GOOD.
kruger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:39 PM   #22
kruger
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 168
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Aussie Boxing Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
Great to hear mate.
I tried to include guys from a variety of weights.
I really like wat i see in young Mundraby.
All he needs is a bit more exposure & experience.
If he is down in Brisbane with Ace Boxing or Jamie Myer he will get this.

What do you think of Jamie Myer?
Ive heard a lot of boxers say he has ripped them off.
kruger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:03 PM   #23
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,143
vCash: 1275
Default Re: Aussie Boxing Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruger View Post
What do you think of Jamie Myer?
Ive heard a lot of boxers say he has ripped them off.
Some would know i aint his hugest fan & have heard some stories around the block.
BUT you are always going to hear some people out to bag promoters always especially in this industry & whether u like Jamie or not he is easily in the Top 5 best promoters in the country, regularly putting on dates in QLD & the top of NSW.
He gets his fighters good tough fights & has lots of them, so it makes you wonder he cant be that bad.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:24 AM   #24
tyboa
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: mt isa/brisbane
Posts: 15
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Aussie Boxing Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruger View Post
If mundray can keep his shit together remain focussed and train hard then he is a MASSIVE talent.

Problem is he has gone off the track a couple of times already...

He had a couple of fights up in townsville that he barely prepared for and looked unimpressive. Other fights though he has been INSANELY GOOD.
what fights in townsville are u talking about?i fort as one of the undercards of freds fight in cairns and fred was very impressive.fred always mentally & phisically prepairs himself! i believe steve deller will be helping him next year.
tyboa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:33 AM   #25
kruger
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 168
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Aussie Boxing Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyboa View Post
what fights in townsville are u talking about?i fort as one of the undercards of freds fight in cairns and fred was very impressive.fred always mentally & phisically prepairs himself! i believe steve deller will be helping him next year.
Ive seen fights where there looked to be 3 of him in the ring he was that fast and creative. it looked like he was a character out of mortal kombat and he would be one on side of his opponent and then on the other.

One fight in townsville though he didnt have much. I expected him to put the opponent away very easily but he didnt. His movement was no good. He ended up taking quite a few shots. None of them hurt him at all, but his movement wasnt there. He looked underdone going in.
It was the one at the playpen night club at least 12 months ago probably longer maybe 18 months or more.
kruger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:13 AM   #26
tyboa
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: mt isa/brisbane
Posts: 15
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Aussie Boxing Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruger View Post
Ive seen fights where there looked to be 3 of him in the ring he was that fast and creative. it looked like he was a character out of mortal kombat and he would be one on side of his opponent and then on the other.

One fight in townsville though he didnt have much. I expected him to put the opponent away very easily but he didnt. His movement was no good. He ended up taking quite a few shots. None of them hurt him at all, but his movement wasnt there. He looked underdone going in.
It was the one at the playpen night club at least 12 months ago probably longer maybe 18 months or more.
yes you are 100% right in what you have said. fred took that fight on a couple weeks notice. he dosent smoke or drink & has a good head on his shoulder.goen to be good to see him when he is on a roll in 2010.
tyboa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:21 PM   #27
latineg
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 991
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Aussie Boxing Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
Who in everyones opinion is Australia's top boxing prospect that will go on & win world titles etc.

I had to take out some prospects that i felt were not quite up to it at this stage.
Unlucky guys were Dom Vea...Adam Forsyth...Brad Pitt...Daniel Ianazzo...Joel Brunker(real unlucky at number 11)
lmfao at aussie top prospect

whatz ur criteria can last two roundz with a kangaroo ?

u aussiez kill me, not quite up to this stage

yeah good job taking some of them out you just missed the rest mate

itz a known fact that all aussiez cant box

it doesnt matter where they originated from it only matterz if there an aussie

itz a curse

just stick to the water

i mean for crying out loud sven the cream puff ottke knocked out one of your best boxerz with a single shot
latineg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:51 PM   #28
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GAME MATCH POINT
Posts: 6,073
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Aussie Boxing Top Prospect

By my reckoning, someone like this turns up every 3 months.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:44 AM   #29
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Aussie Boxing Top Prospect

O-O, Zapp and Tomlinson are all great prospects. The next 12 months has a lot riding on them and the way they are guided.

Hope a few more fresh names appear in the mix this coming year.
flamengo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:54 AM   #30
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,143
vCash: 1275
Default Re: Aussie Boxing Top Prospect

Anyone now think Michael Bolling???
Will no doubt be moving up this list now....
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013