Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-24-2009, 04:30 PM   #31
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ruben Olivares vs Naseem Hamed - two explosive punchers... Who takes it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
There isn't a doubt in my mind that Olivares could turn up overweight, tired, drained, drunk, sore, overworked, underpaid, and still box the chops off someone with the ghastly fundamentals of Hamed.
Most of his losses were only because of his out of the ring bad habits, but id still agree that even a hungover Olivares still has enough to KO Naz. He would have done to Naz what Augie Sanchez was about to do him, but Olivares had a chin like Lamottas compare to Augie Sanchez.
anarci is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2009, 04:40 PM   #32
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ruben Olivares vs Naseem Hamed - two explosive punchers... Who takes it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I'm not convinced. Olivares was knocked out by lesser fighters than Hamed at 126lbs, it wasn't his best weight.
We are talking about Olivares when he was Champ Addie not the old one who was kod by Lopez and a list of other guys after when he was clearly washed up. During his best years at 126 only Arguello and Art Hafey kod him, And when he came in shape for the rematch against Hafey he beat him,Hafey was a pretty good fighter himself. He also kod a prime Bobby Chacon twice at feather. Naz never beat anyone as good as Bobby. I think you underrate Olivares ability at 126, have you seen his fight with Arguello? Olivares ko7 Hamed.
anarci is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum