Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-26-2009, 08:31 AM   #16
Cormega
Quadruple OG
ESB Addict

vCash: 1400
Default Re: Blood vs. urine? USADA clears up fuss over Mayweather-Pacquiao drug testing feud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gneus7 View Post
Still no proof Pac has ever cheated.
Mayweather & Pacquiao are boxers. Nowhere in the rules of boxing does it say U need to have Olympic style drug tests. Stick to the rules you've used your entire careers.
Nowhere in the rules of the NFL, MLB, NBA, etc. does it say they need olympic style testing either, but I bet you they'd all catch more cheaters and eventually at least significantly reduce the number of athletes trying to cheat if they used the best methods available. Remember, 5-6 years ago MLB didn't even have a PED policy in place. I'm sure Barry Bonds, Rafael Palmeiro, AFraud, etc. would have liked to have stuck to the rules they had used their entire careers.
Cormega is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2009, 08:42 AM   #17
bonds
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Blood vs. urine? USADA clears up fuss over Mayweather-Pacquiao drug testing feud

Quote:
Originally Posted by josak View Post

"But if the Nevada Commission was doing it, then we would agree to do as many tests as they wanted to do -- urine and blood -- up to a certain date to be agreed upon," said Arum.

"The Nevada Commission will do it appropriately. That's terrific," said Arum. "In other words, we wouldn't limit it to a certain number of tests because we know that the Nevada Commission won't harass the fighters. "

"And then, the commission would then take it from there, and hold random urinalysis and random blood tests."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If you're going to drug testing why dont you get the best, most thorough, and respected drug testing organization to do the testing?

Is it not somewhat shady that Arum wants this organization to do the testing:

Did the Nevada State Athletic Commission Do an Adequate Job Drug Testing for UFC 100?

"None of the fighters on the UFC 100 card were subjected to the Nevada State Athletic Commission's out-of-competition drug testing program, as confirmed by NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer on Sunday morning.

Out-of-competition drug tests differ from the NSAC's usual drug tests in the sense that with the out-of-competition testing, fighters do not know when they are going to be tested ahead of time.

Drug testing on the day of the weigh-in or the day of the fight is, of course, going to fail to detect a significant percentage of dopers because they will have had weeks to use advanced methods of flushing performance-enhancing drugs out of their bodies.
Even when no other out-of-competition drug testing is performed, the NSAC usually orders out-of-competition tests to be performed on fighters who have previously failed drug tests in the state of Nevada.

In the case of UFC 100, that was not done. Stephan Bonnar was not ordered to take an out-of-competition drug test, despite the fact that Bonnar previously tested positive for Boldenone after a fight against Forrest Griffin in 2006. Boldenone is an anabolic steroid used by veterinarians to rehabilitate injured horses."

Yeah looks to me with the NSAC I wouldnt be surprised if Pacquaio did not get a single random test at all what kind of a joke is this...
bonds is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2009, 08:47 AM   #18
Gneus7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormega View Post
Nowhere in the rules of the NFL, MLB, NBA, etc. does it say they need olympic style testing either, but I bet you they'd all catch more cheaters and eventually at least significantly reduce the number of athletes trying to cheat if they used the best methods available. Remember, 5-6 years ago MLB didn't even have a PED policy in place. I'm sure Barry Bonds, Rafael Palmeiro, AFraud, etc. would have liked to have stuck to the rules they had used their entire careers.
Should be left to the boxing commissions, not Mayweather, to decide what drug testing boxing needs.
Gneus7 is online now  Top
Old 12-26-2009, 08:57 AM   #19
duneford
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

floyd demands are for sissy and bitch like him.....so why fight the bitch? i never leave he intends to fight pac or anybody who has a chance to beat him.....that's his legacy in boxing....
duneford is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2009, 08:57 AM   #20
Cormega
Quadruple OG
ESB Addict

vCash: 1400

Quote:
Should be left to the boxing commissions, not Mayweather, to decide what drug testing boxing needs.
They should get on it, but they haven't and I'm sure they won't anytime soon. I don't really give a shit who it's left to. I think it's a great idea. Switch the roles around and I bet the overwhelming majority (shit, probably all) of the Pactards here are saying Mayweather should just take the ****ing tests.
Cormega is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2009, 09:04 AM   #21
bonds
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default What is the reason Pacquaio is refusing USADA drug testing?

Im hearing different reasons.

Is it because he's scared of needles?

Is it because it will drain his energy to fight?

Or is it because he wants the Nevada State Athletic Commission to do it? What if the NSAC was to make him do a random blood test the day before the fight? What is the difference to him of the NSAC doing the tests rather than the USADA?
bonds is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2009, 09:07 AM   #22
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685
Default Re: What is the reason Pacquaio is refusing USADA drug testing?

NSAC don't do a blood test the day before the fight. That will be part of the deal. They'll definately do one right after though.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2009, 09:11 AM   #23
HolyCityBully
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Who are YOU to say what a boxer and cant request for one of his matches?

Boxers have made specific requests for their fights since the beginning of boxing, on things that are usually left to the commision. Ring size, glove size, judges, referees, weights... The commisions stance has always been that if two fighters can agree they allow it.

And now YOU want to say that PED testing should off limit?
HolyCityBully is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2009, 09:12 AM   #24
gold
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

floyds gay style doesnt use much energy but mannys style does. If i was manny i wouldnt let some one take my blood out just before a fight either. Manny style is about workrate and he needs all his blood. Floyd is just trying to weaken him.
gold is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2009, 09:13 AM   #25
YAGBOLSCO
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanchoVilla View Post
Pacquiao is already RICH! U think this is about money? ..well let me put it this way.. If Pacquiao is an EASY FIGHT, WHY ALL THE BULLSHIT DEMANDS?!?... EASY... FLOYD is QUACK QUACK

peace.
Yeah easy fight...easier than JMM.

Just tell us the truth FLOYD,you are scared of MANNY.
YAGBOLSCO is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2009, 09:25 AM   #26
pit
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by josak View Post
How would you know? Because Leonard Ellerbe said so?
Seriously your going to question the USADA?
pit is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2009, 09:25 AM   #27
manboo

half a percent of blood should amount to about 0.5 lbs of blood thats a shit load of blood. Bullsh*t it wont affect the athlete.
manboo is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #28
pit
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanchoVilla View Post
Pacquiao is already RICH! U think this is about money? ..well let me put it this way.. If Pacquiao is an EASY FIGHT, WHY ALL THE BULLSHIT DEMANDS?!?... EASY... FLOYD is QUACK QUACK

peace.
Lets compare floyd demand vs pac

Pac demands

8oz glove / done
10 million every pound over / done
march 13/ done

Floyd
Olympic style testing / Denied Pac won't do it.
pit is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2009, 09:32 AM   #29
Bee KeepZ
Roid City
ESB Addict

vCash: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
Some official statements for you to read:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

concerning urin and blood tests:

Travis Tygart, the CEO of USADA, told Kevin Iole of Yahoo! Sports that both urine and blood tests are needed to determine if a fighter is clean. "There is no urine-based tested for human-growth hormone," Tygart said. "It doesn’t show up in the urine. It’s only a blood-based test. That’s true of a number of prohibited substances, particularly those that would enhance and aid a boxer.”

Victor Conte on HGH on the max:

"One, I think that increasing hematocrit levels, whether it’s by traditional blood-doping or the use of EPO, is of greater benefit to a boxer than the use of growth-hormone," he explained."
So growth-hormone is more of an anti-catobolic agent that may help to accelerate the healing of the tissue repair process. But growth-hormone is not anabolic as an anabolic steroid. It’s an anti-catabolic agent and I believe that you don’t get a very big bang for your buck. I’m not a huge fan of growth-hormone. I don’t think it’s tremendously beneficial performance enhancing substance."

the schedule:

Tygert also added the schedule Arum is proposing won't work, because a fighter would have the advantage of knowing when he'd be tested. “That kind of window is totally unacceptable,” Tygart said. “It would provide a huge loophole for a cheater to step through and get away with cheating.”
Dr. Gary Wadler, an internal medicine physician and chairman of the World Anti-Doping Agency’s Prohibited List and Methods sub-committee, supported Tygar's position. “The fundamental principle is that the time and place of testing is in the domain of the governing body, not of the athlete,” Wadler told Yahoo! Sports. “It would lose all its validity if the athlete could pick and choose when he is going to be tested and for what he’s going to be tested for and how he’s going to be tested. They’re sophisticated enough now that if someone wanted to, you could play the calendar to your advantage.“

NSAC was good enough according to Schaefer for Mosley-Judah.

"Whatever tests they want them to take, Shane will submit to that.
We are not going to do other tests than the Nevada commission requires," Schaefer said. "The fact is Shane is not a cheater and he does not need to be treated like one."

With USADA you have to let them know of your schedules and where abouts, is this really all necessary?

the influence of taking blood:

Victor Conte, the founder of Bay-Area Laboratory Cooperative (BALCO), said the tests would have no physical effect on either fighter. “That amount would be less than one-half of one percent (of the total blood in the body),” Conte told Yahoo! Sports. “It’s not going to have any effect, the drawing of blood. Could it have some mental effect? That’s the only down side of that. It’s certainly not going to have any physical effect, giving blood before a fight.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-testing122309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Victor Conte, the founder and president of the Bay-Area Laboratory Cooperative (BALCO), said that while Pacquiao might be affected mentally by having his blood drawn, the draws would have no impact upon his performance in the fight.

Jamaican sprinter Asafa Powell complained he was tested excessively during the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, in which he won a gold medal as a member of his nation’s 4 x 100 meter relay team.

“I got pretty upset two days ago because since I have been here, they have tested me four times,” Powell said during the 2008 Games. “They’ve taken so much blood from us we’re going to be very weak before the final.”

It's obvious that someone doesn't want to fight, offers from the Pacquiao camp.

Unlimited urinalysis and 3 scheduled blood tests with USADA. Mayweather NO

With $10 million monetary reward if Pacquiao comes in dirty. Mayweather NO

Guarantee that there will be no testings before the fight, USADA we will not compromise our testings for an event.

Use of agency that tests MLB, NBA, or NFL with whatever random blood or urine tests they want. Mayweather NO

Use of NSAC with whatever random blood or urine tests they want. Mayweather NO

They've tried to make this fight, it's time to move on. F#ck Floyd, he doesn't deserve the pay-day. Even his sparring partner Judah wants to fight Pacquiao.

Judah: "Bring your skills to the ring (Pacquiao)."

Where boxing talks

Once again, Pacquiao has had NO PROBLEM of the drug tests. 1:29
Roach, Koncz, and Pacquiao want cut off dates, STILL NO GO.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylvHGjEgX-M&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
Bee KeepZ is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #30
bonds
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manboo View Post
half a percent of blood should amount to about 0.5 lbs of blood thats a shit load of blood. Bullsh*t it wont affect the athlete.
both athletes would be subject to the same testing protocol so they are both going through the same thing and the usada testing procedure doesnt mean he would be tested the day or days before the fight... tests are totally random and no times when testing will or wont take place can be disclosed as it would give a cheater an unfair advantage
bonds is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum