Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-25-2007, 04:24 PM   #46
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just seen HBO's version of Hatton - Castillo...Disgraceful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
He doesnt beat the memories of Benn Eubank Lewis Naz etc etc.Its not close.2 victories over 2 old men mean squat in the grand scheme of things.He`ll get to the hall alright as these days anyone can get there.And his resume 43 fights unbeaten is impressive.But we shouldnt still be asking the questions"Who has Hatton fought". Kostya was semi retired and fighting once a year and Castillo who turned pro at 15 and has been in many a war (who was also as slow as molasses on the weekend) is surely well past his best.Good victories yes but not impressive for a 40 plus fight pro.These type of bouts should have been happening at least 15 fights ago.Hatton isnt a rookie, he hasnt arrived his here.In order to be considered the best fight the best.
He doesn't need to beat those memories. He needs to achieve what they didn't and he is in the process of doing that. That's the story so far.

All of what you said is simply ridiculous and not worth arguing.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #47
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
He doesn't need to beat those memories. He needs to achieve what they didn't and he is in the process of doing that. That's the story so far.

All of what you said is simply ridiculous and not worth arguing.
But we shouldnt still be asking the questions"Who has Hatton fought". Kostya was semi retired and fighting once a year and Castillo who turned pro at 15 and has been in many a war (who was also as slow as molasses on the weekend) is surely well past his best.Good victories yes but not impressive for a 40 plus fight pro.These type of bouts should have been happening at least 15 fights ago.Hatton isnt a rookie, he hasnt arrived his here.In order to be considered the best fight the best.

Which bit is ridculous? You tell me how ANY of that is ridiculous? KOSTYA AND CASTILLO WERE FADED FACT. Castillo has been a pro since he was 15/16 FACT.Both were good victories but not the sort that would elevate him to ATG status let alone the hall.No one considered DLH the new slice bread because he beat a faded Chavez.And il stand by what iv said these bouts should have been happening a while back.Cotto has been brought on marvelously.Whereas Ricky has been wrapped in cotton wool.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 04:59 PM   #48
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
But we shouldnt still be asking the questions"Who has Hatton fought". Kostya was semi retired and fighting once a year and Castillo who turned pro at 15 and has been in many a war (who was also as slow as molasses on the weekend) is surely well past his best.Good victories yes but not impressive for a 40 plus fight pro.These type of bouts should have been happening at least 15 fights ago.Hatton isnt a rookie, he hasnt arrived his here.In order to be considered the best fight the best.

Which bit is ridculous? You tell me how ANY of that is ridiculous? KOSTYA AND CASTILLO WERE FADED FACT. Castillo has been a pro since he was 15/16 FACT.Both were good victories but not the sort that would elevate him to ATG status let alone the hall.No one considered DLH the new slice bread because he beat a faded Chavez.And il stand by what iv said these bouts should have been happening a while back.Cotto has been brought on marvelously.Whereas Ricky has been wrapped in cotton wool.
Tszyu wasn't semi retired. He'd just come back with a bang having DESTROYED the consensus number 1 140 pounder. He'd also fought 7 months ago.

Castillo also missed out on a 90 odd fight amateur career, unlike Hatton.

It doesn't matter what should have happened in the past. We are here and now. Marciano didn't seriously step up until he was about 43-0! He ain't great though is he? I mean come on Charles, Walcott and Moore were done right?

There is no fact in what you say. There is manure but not fact.

Oh my god. Cotto has been brought on marvelously yet he is 30-0 and hasn't got one great win. I love Cotto, he's a thug but your talk is nonsense.

FACT - Tszyu and Castillo are greats in and around Hattons weight.
FACT - Hatton whooped both like they've NEVER been whooped before.

You are talking hindsight rubbish like the rest of the GF. Foresight? Kostya to win by 99.9% of the people and Castillo by 50%. Most picking Hatton to be exposed in some sort of fashion.

Scur you are lost in your hatred. It's disgusting to say the least. It comes across as personal. Thank god I don't know you and we have a tiff, you'd blatently stab me for telling you your shoes are a little dirty.

Respect the man and give him his dues. Enough with your nonsense.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:28 AM   #49
AllyT
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

My favourite qutoe from the Half Baked Oritors has to be

“Even though Hatton considers himself a body puncher, he's nowhere near the body puncher of Castillo.”

AllyT is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2007, 08:50 AM   #50
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyT
My favourite qutoe from the Half Baked Oritors has to be

“Even though Hatton considers himself a body puncher, he's nowhere near the body puncher of Castillo.”

Hatton showed he can win a fight between body punchers. He won the battle downstairs. Top body punchers like Cotto haven't. Hatton finished Castillo downstairs. Other top body punchers haven't achieved that sort of feat.

Truth is, when Hatton does go downstairs he can punish and finish.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum