Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #16
pretty boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Derry, Ireland
Posts: 811
vCash: 673
Default Re: Opinions on this kid

Technically hes not great. I wasnt that impressed.
pretty boy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #17
KTFO
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Opinions on this kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemac View Post
Whats that supposed to mean?

Kewl question. Out of nowhere, with full blown 14 posts on your account, you come up questioning my statement.
Here's my answer: read between the lines.
Cheers
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:45 PM   #18
dfh85
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Default Re: Opinions on this kid

technique?
dfh85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2010, 10:09 PM   #19
FM3O
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 87
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Opinions on this kid

I would say he has potential. How many fights has he had? he seems to have power, and the right mindset, but if he gets in there with someone who doesn't fold under his pressure and has decent footwork and throws straight punches he's toast. He needs a loooot of refining and needs to work on more proper fundamentals and keeping his hands up as he's throwing, definitely good though and a lot of potential.
FM3O is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:45 AM   #20
joemac
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 29
vCash: 646
Default Re: Opinions on this kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM3O View Post
I would say he has potential. How many fights has he had? he seems to have power, and the right mindset, but if he gets in there with someone who doesn't fold under his pressure and has decent footwork and throws straight punches he's toast. He needs a loooot of refining and needs to work on more proper fundamentals and keeping his hands up as he's throwing, definitely good though and a lot of potential.
His record is 60-5 with 20 something Ko's. I'm pretty sure he is a 2 or 3 time Australian Champ.

I totally agree with you about him keeping his hands up - he does have very good footwork and is slippery. He's a very raw 17yr old and obviously has heaps of improvement, which in a way is a great thing for him.
joemac is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:26 AM   #21
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,683
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Opinions on this kid

At 17 He is a prospect worth His Sponsorship, Good Luck.
scrap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:29 AM   #22
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm not your buddy, pal.
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 202
Default Re: Opinions on this kid

Wild. Begging to be countered, his chin is in the air when both his hands are out punching. Exciting though, fun to watch.
RDJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:22 PM   #23
cheech
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 797
vCash: 742
Default Re: Opinions on this kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemac View Post
His record is 60-5 with 20 something Ko's. I'm pretty sure he is a 2 or 3 time Australian Champ.

I totally agree with you about him keeping his hands up - he does have very good footwork and is slippery. He's a very raw 17yr old and obviously has heaps of improvement, which in a way is a great thing for him.
Where did he learn to fight and at what age?
cheech is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:35 PM   #24
KTFO
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Opinions on this kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
At 17 He is a prospect worth His Sponsorship, Good Luck.

He'll need it. Cause without Don King he'll do nuttin.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #25
cheech
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 797
vCash: 742
Default Re: Opinions on this kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTFO View Post
He'll need it. Cause without Don King he'll do nuttin.
Don King is not positioned like he was ten or fifteen years ago. I would maybe try to get into Golden Boy Promotions. They are involved in a lot of high level fights.
cheech is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:10 AM   #26
joemac
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 29
vCash: 646
Default Re: Opinions on this kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTFO View Post
He'll need it. Cause without Don King he'll do nuttin.
What qualifies you to make that statement?

I mean you've been a smartass since your 1st post in this thread so tell us what you've achieved?

He's a kid doin his best so stfu!
joemac is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:11 AM   #27
joemac
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 29
vCash: 646
Default Re: Opinions on this kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech View Post
Where did he learn to fight and at what age?
I think he's been fightin since he was 14 - He is from australia.
joemac is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:18 AM   #28
joemac
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 29
vCash: 646
Default Re: Opinions on this kid

Kye was telling me last night that some of the boys he beat in the clips were an Australian champ, a New Zealand champ, a PNG champ and a few of the others were state champs - so although he makes them look ordinary they may well have had decent records.
joemac is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #29
Perky300
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 124
vCash: 1079
Default Re: Opinions on this kid

hes definetely up for a fight, but could be taken apart with a good jab
Perky300 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #30
KTFO
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Opinions on this kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemac View Post
What qualifies you to make that statement?

I mean you've been a smartass since your 1st post in this thread so tell us what you've achieved?

He's a kid doin his best so stfu!

Gtfo noob. 20 posts on your account are not enough to question my statement.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013