Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #46
drunkenspaniard
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who are the supernaturals, all time and current?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Definitley not Hagler, he had an effective style and is a top ATG, but he was not a supernatural.

Holmes, hmm.

Holyfield simply got tagged too much.
I dunno... Hagler could really brutalize his opponents.
drunkenspaniard is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2007, 04:11 PM   #47
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
That was a far past his prime, crackhead Pea against a bigger, prime Tito you stupid, biased, no knowledge troll.
Without looking at anything else, I think just the fact that he has Joel Casamayor at number 7 and Johnny Tapia at number 10 makes him a stupid, no knowledge trol.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 04:17 PM   #48
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Molyneux
Since when does Pac have skill?
Who beats MAB by outpointing in a lopsided way???? Only Pac...
PacDbest is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #49
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacDbest
Calslappy then is not supernatural. Calslappy is Superbeautiful boxer. I already show you the meaning of Supernatural from the dictionary. Calslappy is not that.
Each situation has to be accounted for for what it was. By your own admission, Pacman was a teenager as a Flyweight. His jumping weight classes has to do with him growing into his body. It's not like he is moving up fighting bigger guys while remaining the smaller man in the ring. He has moved up because he was growing. He has been bigger at 130 than every fighter he has fought hasn't he? On fight night? Pacman was a natural 122lb fighter as a grown man (and he was bigger than those guys as well)....he has basically jumped 2 weight classes since he was 20 years old. He should get credit for doing as well as he did as a teen, but not credit for jumping weight classes as though he was the smaller man moving up. He wasn't.

If Jones had started fighting at the time Pacquiao did instead of fighting amateurs, he would have started at 140.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 04:41 PM   #50
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
Each situation has to be accounted for for what it was. By your own admission, Pacman was a teenager as a Flyweight. His jumping weight classes has to do with him growing into his body. It's not like he is moving up fighting bigger guys while remaining the smaller man in the ring. He has moved up because he was growing. He has been bigger at 130 than every fighter he has fought hasn't he? On fight night? Pacman was a natural 122lb fighter as a grown man (and he was bigger than those guys as well)....he has basically jumped 2 weight classes since he was 20 years old. He should get credit for doing as well as he did as a teen, but not credit for jumping weight classes as though he was the smaller man moving up. He wasn't.

If Jones had started fighting at the time Pacquiao did instead of fighting amateurs, he would have started at 140.
If Pac is not Supernatural then who is in your opinion???

Let's say Matured Pac was a Natural 122 pounder. Isn't it amazing he did Captured the Lineal Title with his teenage Body & the lack of world class training??? Who else dominates & still knocking out opponents after moving up 3 weight Classes???
PacDbest is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 04:46 PM   #51
MagnificentMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Smokin' Joe! He hit like a train, yet was one of the smaller heavyweights, and had great head movement!

Eh.. Just said this to be different.. Could have said Sweet Pea, Tyson, or RJJR if i wanted to..
MagnificentMatt is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 04:51 PM   #52
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacDbest
If Pac is not Supernatural then who is in your opinion???

Let's say Matured Pac was a Natural 122 pounder. Isn't it amazing he did Captured the Lineal Title with his teenage Body & the lack of world class training??? Who else dominates & still knocking out opponents after moving up 3 weight Classes???
I never said Pacman wasn't supernatural now did I? Pacquiao's power is, but as a fighter I am not convinced. Too many styles could neutralize Pacman. When he faces a prime fighter with these styles, we will see if he can overcome it.

And I already said that he should get great credit for his success as teenager.

That lineal title at 112 was an accomplishment, but he didn't beat the best champion at 112. The lineal champion isn't always the best champion. Case and point, Pacman is the best 130lb fighter, but he has NO belt.

Pacman has only gone up 2 weight classes from his natural weight. And there are alot of fighters who KO people that high up. But Pacman has supernatural power, there is no doubt of this. However, will he keep winning against top competition at 130? No idea....he hasn't fought the best fighters at 130 yet. I will do as you have asked....wait and see.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 04:52 PM   #53
Executioner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Current..I think Chad Dawson is a super natural, for sure
Executioner is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #54
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

IMO, Henry Armstrong, Ike Williams, Harry Greb, Billy Conn Gene Tunney, Joe Louis, Marvin Hagler, and Larry Holmes were Supernaturals among other's on you're list. Everybody got their own measuring sticks, I suppose

Many dont give Calzaghe enough respect That's WHY the fight with Kessler is so important If Calzaghe again comes out, delivers a major performance, and beats Kessler?? What's next?? Bute?? What can they say then?? THIS IS THE EURO-WORLD MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP......at least TEMPORARILY

Try either Pavlik,Taylor, or Hopkins for the $$$$$$$$$$ and respect in the aftermath.

Kessler is a worthy opponent and this is expected to be the SHINING MOMENT. May the best man WIN
C Money is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum