Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 09:22 AM   #61
satyriion
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: top
Posts: 131
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Calzaghe a super hero

And why did he become a star, when Calzaghe is the better boxer ?
satyriion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2007, 09:42 AM   #62
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.
Posts: 5,142
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Calzaghe a super hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyriion
Letters makes no sound on their own. Idiots do on the other hand.

.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:51 AM   #63
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dracula Mountain.
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 224
Default Re: Calzaghe a super hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyriion
And why did he become a star, when Calzaghe is the better boxer ?
because hatton plays up the working class boy role perfectly, he comes from a big city, he plays up to the football fan type, they love him as a bloke, he is someone they can relate to, he is a hero in manchester and amongst man city fans, even united fans love the bloke. nobody really knows what calzaghe the person is like, he's fairly quiet and not seen outside boxing circles.

hatton's a man of the people, who the **** is calzaghe?
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:56 AM   #64
THN
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 3'rd stone from the sun
Posts: 2,693
vCash: 908
Default Re: Calzaghe a super hero

Who the **** is Calzaghe ? A former world champion!
THN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:59 AM   #65
satyriion
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: top
Posts: 131
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Calzaghe a super hero

That probably the reason USA is the mekka of boxing. Pitty Joe did not make an image of himself. It would have been easy. On the worldscene, read US, it tokk one fight with Lacy to make him king. Deserved or not.

Imagine he had taken ottke and the mooned all his belts to Rjj, hopkins or whomever over there. I think he could have made it big if he was as invincible as his fans claims. But then again I dont think he was invincible at all. But we will never know how he would have faired with better exposure and opponents. Pitty
satyriion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:19 AM   #66
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Calzaghe a super hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyriion
That probably the reason USA is the mekka of boxing. Pitty Joe did not make an image of himself. It would have been easy. On the worldscene, read US, it tokk one fight with Lacy to make him king. Deserved or not.

Imagine he had taken ottke and the mooned all his belts to Rjj, hopkins or whomever over there. I think he could have made it big if he was as invincible as his fans claims. But then again I dont think he was invincible at all. But we will never know how he would have faired with better exposure and opponents. Pitty
Well, now it is too late for Calzaghe, unless he and ****** degrade themselves to use Ottke-like judges against Kessler, which I fear ****** will do if he gets the chance. Hopefully WBC, WBA and HBO will have some input on who the judges will be, because we all know how it most likely will pan out if ****** and his boxing organization (WBO) will be allowed to pick the judges. Then we will have three blind men judging the fight with scorecards that were filled out before the fight began.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:25 AM   #67
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dracula Mountain.
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 224
Default Re: Calzaghe a super hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfan99
Well, now it is too late for Calzaghe, unless he and ****** degrade themselves to use Ottke-like judges against Kessler, which I fear ****** will do if he gets the chance. Hopefully WBC, WBA and HBO will have some input on who the judges will be, because we all know how it most likely will pan out if ****** and his boxing organization (WBO) will be allowed to pick the judges. Then we will have three blind men judging the fight with scorecards that were filled out before the fight began.
yeah lets start flinging wild accusations around. i sure as hell hope that cheating ****er kessler doesn't have his gloves loaded, it wouldn't suprise me to see that self centred fool palle have his boy win illegally.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:33 AM   #68
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Calzaghe a super hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlugInBabies
yeah lets start flinging wild accusations around. i sure as hell hope that cheating ****er kessler doesn't have his gloves loaded, it wouldn't suprise me to see that self centred fool palle have his boy win illegally.
I can promise you, that unlike Ottke when he KO'ed Mundine, Kessler will take of his gloves after the fight, so much for that theory. Why are you annoyed with my post, considering that you know Calzaghe will blow Kessler out of the ring?

By the way, you didn't answer the question I asked you in an earlier post, do you think Calzaghe will beat Kessler as convincingly as he beat Lacy?
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:38 AM   #69
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dracula Mountain.
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 224
Default Re: Calzaghe a super hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfan99
I can promise you, that unlike Ottke when he KO'ed Mundine, Kessler will take of his gloves after the fight, so much for that theory. Why are you annoyed with my post, considering that you know Calzaghe will blow Kessler out of the ring?

By the way, you didn't answer the question I asked you in an earlier post, do you think Calzaghe will beat Kessler as convincingly as he beat Lacy?
sorry, must have missed that post.

i believe he'll beat him comfortably, he won't take as bad a beating as lacy did, but there will be no complaints about the decision, although, has kesslers chin been really tested yet?
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:00 AM   #70
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Calzaghe a super hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlugInBabies
sorry, must have missed that post.

i believe he'll beat him comfortably, he won't take as bad a beating as lacy did, but there will be no complaints about the decision, although, has kesslers chin been really tested yet?
If Calzaghe beats Kessler fair and square, I'll be one of the first to congratulate him and his fans on this forum.

Regarding Kesslers chin, it is a matter of taste I guess. Some people only think that your chin has been checked when you have taken a beating like Lacy or Andrade, I'm not one of those people.
Personally, I think his chin has been checked, Mundine hit him cleanly a couple of times, and even though I can't stand the guy, Mundine can hit pretty hard, he KO'ed Soliman for instance (the only one to do it) and stunned Green in their fight, and you can argue that he KD Ottke, but the ref ruled it a slip (what a surprise). Andrade also caught Kessler with a short left hook and followed it up with a straight right at the end of round 1, but Kessler has never looked hurt in any of his pro fights.
He has been knocked down once in the amateurs in 1998 but got right back up and stopped his opponent, who had never been stopped before.
All this combined makes me convinced, that Kessler has at least a pretty strong chin.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:12 PM   #71
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Calzaghe a super hero

Kessler's chin is good. He's the 2nd best fighter from 160-175 general crop.

He'll beat Chad Dawson and the rest, but will lose to Calzaghe, pretty badly I might add.

But GO Kessler, in all other bouts of course, not Nov. 3rd.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #72
satyriion
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: top
Posts: 131
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Calzaghe a super hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Kessler's chin is good. He's the 2nd best fighter from 160-175 general crop.

He'll beat Chad Dawson and the rest, but will lose to Calzaghe, pretty badly I might add.

But GO Kessler, in all other bouts of course, not Nov. 3rd.
still not awake....its reality and joe is on the floor.
satyriion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013