Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-11-2010, 11:58 PM   #46
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Nate Campbell In April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipplefloss View Post
The best argument anyone can make for Clottey is that he's looked good losing. As a first fight for Pac at 147 it would be great. After demolishing Cotto, who in turn beat Clottey with one good eye, it's a much less interesting fight. Sorry, when you're being talked about as top 10 P4P of all time expectations are higher than fighting the 5th best welterweight, who is coming off of a loss to the guy you just destroyed.
You act like there are a million other people out there or something. Clottey looks pretty damn good when he wins to. Have you only seen a couple of his fights or something? Also... you have to think of this stylistically. Clottey is EXTREMELY durable and strong. Not only that... but his defense and counter punching could be a very effective combo along with his size and strength against an aggressive Pacman. This should shape up into a very interesting fight. DEFINITELY one of the most dangerous fights out there at 147 for Pac.

Fights against extremely dangerous, high risk/low reward fighters are what makes a true champion. These are exactly the types of fights that Floyd Mayweather avoids like the plague.
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2010, 11:58 PM   #47
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcastro View Post
Yeah were is the link? I want Floyd to fight Paul Williams that would be a good one!
Yeah... like that will ever happen.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:59 PM   #48
boxingfanneato
what would MORALES do!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiDDoW_MaKeR View Post
What the **** is wrong with fighting Clottey? Clottey is a natural welterweight who is three controversial decisions away from being undefeated. He was beating Baldomir when he was DQ'd in a very suspect way. Clottey was just heating up more and more just like he does in every fight. Then... many felt that he beat Margo. Although I had Margo winning that fight... (but we all know his gloves were loaded for that one as well).... I would have loved to see the outcome if that wasn't the case though, because Clottey was putting it on him early in the fight. Then... his last fight with Cotto. Many people also felt that Clottey won that fight. These are the man's only losses. He is a VERY dangerous fight for any welterweight in the world.
well i thought he lost two antonio but maybe they were loaded, he was beating baldomir but if you discredit mayweather for fighting baldomir than whats the difference? i also had him losing to miguel cotto but i could see it the other way but that was a miguel cotto that wasn't as good as he once was (atleast imo). i do know his record but why not complain when manny doesn't fight guys like paul williams or kermit cintron or luis collazo?
also this guy doesn't punch enough to stand a chance against manny. don't be suprised if its a tko because he is covering up and manny is just throwing shots. tho his jab is pretty good, atleast it was against cotto, but i doubt that will be enough against manny.
boxingfanneato is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 12:00 AM   #49
san rafael
0.00% lemming
East Side VIP

vCash: 186

Sad stuff... The hater/fanboy frenzy of the last few weeks now has normally level headed members leaping at unverified rumors as if they're confirmed fights... Of course, this matchup would surpise no one.
san rafael is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 12:02 AM   #50
Norbix
Belt holder
ESB Addict

This is bullshit if it's true. I'd be pissed, and would only be happy again if he fights mosley or pac afterward.
Norbix is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 12:02 AM   #51
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

Quote:
"No Comment" is PR speak for "I don't want to tell you a ****ing thing, now leave me alone." It's literally the most empty statement a person can make. This is the definition of non-news.

If this actually happens then, by all means, get irate, because it's absurd, but until then why not wash the sand out of your vag and find something actually meaningful to post about?
I am not going to get irate over it happening or not. I think it is ****ing pathetically hilarious. I also find it hilarious that you are so concerned about what I post about. Doesn't that make you 10x worse than what you consider me? If you aren't interested in the topic... then get out of the thread and get off of my dick fag. I will say whatever the hell I want about whatever topic that I wish.

BTW... you are saying that GBP took the time to respond to Boxingtalk just to tell them to leave them alone? Uhhh.... have you not been following the news the past couple of days? They have basically been on the horn around the clock talking about everything under the sun... dispelling rumors about upcoming opponents.... talking about the negotiations with Pac... ect... and now they give a "No Comment"? OBVIOUSLY they are in negotiations with him whether it comes through or not. If they weren't... like I said they would have returned with the same comment as they did about Matthew Hatton when asked.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #52
bcastro
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
I was being sarcastic...LOL

But really though why fight the 140 pounders when I would like to see him in there with fighters that will challenge him. IMO Kermit Cintron is a weak feeble minded fighter who would get owned by Floyd. I would say Bradley would be the only one of the 140lb fighter I would want to see him fight.

Paul Williams would cost him the Pac fight for sure...LOL
bcastro is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 12:09 AM   #53
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I don't beleive this. if it's true that's pathetic and I will never watch him again.
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 12:10 AM   #54
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

This just came straight from Oscar De La Hoya himself in regards to Mayweather vs Campbell..... "we're talking about it, but nothing is signed yet."
Old 01-12-2010, 12:11 AM   #55
hmi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
The best argument anyone can make for Clottey is that he's looked good losing. As a first fight for Pac at 147 it would be great. After demolishing Cotto, who in turn beat Clottey with one good eye, it's a much less interesting fight. Sorry, when you're being talked about as top 10 P4P of all time expectations are higher than fighting the 5th best welterweight, who is coming off of a loss to the guy you just destroyed.
Except you forgot that Pac is a legit JWW. He is indeed very good because he can still be that dominant in the WW division, which is not his real division.
hmi is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 12:12 AM   #56
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingfanneato View Post
well i thought he lost two antonio but maybe they were loaded, he was beating baldomir but if you discredit mayweather for fighting baldomir than whats the difference? i also had him losing to miguel cotto but i could see it the other way but that was a miguel cotto that wasn't as good as he once was (atleast imo). i do know his record but why not complain when manny doesn't fight guys like paul williams or kermit cintron or luis collazo?
also this guy doesn't punch enough to stand a chance against manny. don't be suprised if its a tko because he is covering up and manny is just throwing shots. tho his jab is pretty good, atleast it was against cotto, but i doubt that will be enough against manny.
I think that Clottey more dangerous than Cintron or Collazo by quite a bit for Pac. I think that Clottey is right on par with Paul Williams... and I seriously don't see Paul jumped back down to 147 for a fight against Pac by March 13th. Besides that... you can only fight one top contender at a time. Clottey is definitely an EXTREMELY tough fight. Williams just fought a month ago at middleweight. I don't see Williams taking a fight like that on such short notice in such a close distance from his last fight 2 weight classes above. However... if Floyd is fighting in April... that would be a realistic time table if Mayweather did want to go after Williams. That would give Williams 3 months to get his weight down, and prepare for the biggest fight of his life. For the record... I have said for a long time that I would LOVE to see Clottey vs Mayweather, and if Floyd would have fought Clottey I would give him major credit.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:13 AM   #57
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

If this is true, than Mayweather, GBP, and HBO ought to be ashamed.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 12:13 AM   #58
LukeO
Erik Morales is God
East Side VIP

vCash: 133

"it's being talked about" Makes me want to vomit.
LukeO is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 12:14 AM   #59
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Yeah, I just puked up all my "Campbell's Chicken Soup"!
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 12:15 AM   #60
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP

Quote:
DALLAS
COWBOYS
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum