boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-12-2010, 01:16 AM   #61
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP

vCash: 115
Default Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Nate Campbell In April.

We all know Floyd is going to fight another tune-up.
dodong is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2010, 01:17 AM   #62
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

DLH just said on BT that they are talking about it but nothing is signed yet.

Shows that Campbell is now on top of the list.
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 01:17 AM   #63
PildiLagiMo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

quick, somebody put nates pic in a campbell soup/tomato can and paste it here.
PildiLagiMo is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 01:18 AM   #64
nipplefloss
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiDDoW_MaKeR View Post
You act like there are a million other people out there or something. Clottey looks pretty damn good when he wins to. Have you only seen a couple of his fights or something? Also... you have to think of this stylistically. Clottey is EXTREMELY durable and strong. Not only that... but his defense and counter punching could be a very effective combo along with his size and strength against an aggressive Pacman. This should shape up into a very interesting fight. DEFINITELY one of the most dangerous fights out there at 147 for Pac.

Fights against extremely dangerous, high risk/low reward fighters are what makes a true champion. These are exactly the types of fights that Floyd Mayweather avoids like the plague.
Clottey is the best fight available to Pac at 147, in this time frame, there's no question about that. I'm simply not that interested in it. Pac should be able to win this fight on points using the same strategy he used against DLH. Step in, unload a combo, slip, move to the side, step out. He can keep it up for 12 rounds, and Clottey tends to take his foot off the gas anyway. He's also not very good at mixing offense and defense. He's either in defensive more or in offensive mode. Pac will hit him while he's in defensive mode and be gone before he can retaliate.

He also isn't a noted strong puncher. His KO percentage is 57%, lower even than Mayweather's, and of his last 10 fights only one ended in a stoppage, and most of those fights weren't exaclty against top drawer competition. His only real advantage in this fight is that he's very durable, and very big. But that's not enough to get him a win against a faster, more mobile, more active, and harder punching opponent.
nipplefloss is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 01:19 AM   #65
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

Why Campbell? How the **** did he get into the picture?
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 01:20 AM   #66
doomeddisciple
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
Why Campbell? How the **** did he get into the picture?
By being too small to pose a threat.
doomeddisciple is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 01:21 AM   #67
nipplefloss
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmi View Post
Except you forgot that Pac is a legit JWW. He is indeed very good because he can still be that dominant in the WW division, which is not his real division.
Freddie Roach:

“He’ll come into this fight like 144-145 and he’ll go into the ring at 148 or 149 at most and that’s his best fighting weight,” Roach said.
The Trainer of the Year recipient stated that [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] fighting at 147 lbs.
“Making 135 was a bit of a struggle, making 140, we can make 140 with ease, but he likes the extra strength, he likes eating the day of the weigh-in,” added Roach.
“When Manny’s eating the day of the weigh-in and gets to eat twice before the weigh-in, he’s happy, and that’s when he performs at his best, when he’s smiling and in a good mood. He’s not in an angry mood because he’s starving himself.”

I'd say that makes him a legitimate welterweight who can also still make JWW if he tries, not the reverse.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:21 AM   #68
pauliemayweathe
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiko_Tech View Post
Where the **** is scar, pimp and exe how the **** they can defend this freaking ***** of a fighter.
scar is a pac**** lol

it doesn't matter who he fights in march it matters who he fights after...mosely berto or pac....times running out floyd jan 1st of 2011 I will no longer be a fan
pauliemayweathe is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 01:22 AM   #69
nipplefloss
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiDDoW_MaKeR View Post
I am not going to get irate over it happening or not. I think it is ****ing pathetically hilarious. I also find it hilarious that you are so concerned about what I post about. Doesn't that make you 10x worse than what you consider me? If you aren't interested in the topic... then get out of the thread and get off of my **** ***. I will say whatever the hell I want about whatever topic that I wish.

BTW... you are saying that GBP took the time to respond to Boxingtalk just to tell them to leave them alone? Uhhh.... have you not been following the news the past couple of days? They have basically been on the horn around the clock talking about everything under the sun... dispelling rumors about upcoming opponents.... talking about the negotiations with Pac... ect... and now they give a "No Comment"? OBVIOUSLY they are in negotiations with him whether it comes through or not. If they weren't... like I said they would have returned with the same comment as they did about Matthew Hatton when asked.
I find it hilarious that you're a raging moron, so I'm glad we're both entertained.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:23 AM   #70
pauliemayweathe
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomeddisciple View Post
By being too small to pose a threat.
yeah and cintron or bradley or malignaggi was a huge threat....just wait til he whoops pac mosely or berto in the summer....meanwhile pac can get all the glory for fighting a nobody ww like clottey
Old 01-12-2010, 01:24 AM   #71
InHumanForm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

there is no way to defend floyd if this true
InHumanForm is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 01:25 AM   #72
LukeO
Erik Morales is God
East Side VIP

vCash: 133

Paulie...

are you seriously defending this?
LukeO is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 01:25 AM   #73
RSBonos
Belt holder
ESB Addict

LOL at all of this, and they are talking about April...he could fight the Shane-Berto winner by then!

Even worse it might be on HBO, Floyd will be eating up the HBO budget ala DLH-Forbes, I would much rather see this tank on PPV.
RSBonos is online now  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 01:26 AM   #74
tdubb
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I'd rather have *** with a fat hooker than watch Mayweather fight Campbell....
tdubb is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2010, 01:26 AM   #75
pauliemayweathe
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipplefloss View Post
Clottey is the best fight available to Pac at 147, in this time frame, there's no question about that. I'm simply not that interested in it. Pac should be able to win this fight on points using the same strategy he used against DLH. Step in, unload a combo, slip, move to the side, step out. He can keep it up for 12 rounds, and Clottey tends to take his foot off the gas anyway. He's also not very good at mixing offense and defense. He's either in defensive more or in offensive mode. Pac will hit him while he's in defensive mode and be gone before he can retaliate.

He also isn't a noted strong puncher. His KO percentage is 57%, lower even than Mayweather's, and of his last 10 fights only one ended in a stoppage, and most of those fights weren't exaclty against top drawer competition. His only real advantage in this fight is that he's very durable, and very big. But that's not enough to get him a win against a faster, more mobile, more active, and harder punching opponent.
at ww yes ...bradley pac would be a real fight though....i am not sold that clottey is even top 5 tho with collazzo, quintana and cintron...but yeah it is a good name...meaningless and he has no chance but that is besides the point

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum