Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-12-2007, 10:42 PM   #1
Leeroy
Do it Do it
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Wlad's Jab

Pre Manny Stewart: I've noticed Wlad's jab was closer to his body,and when he threw it,he threw it with more thud/force.

He actually uses the jab more now,than ever before under the tutalige of Manny,although with less intention behind it.

I've also noticed;He paws with it/leaves it in the face of his opponents whereas before,he never used to do this(as much). Still an effective weapon,probably more so now than ever before,given his past history of stamina problems.....He uses his height as his ultimate weapon,therefor he can get away with pawing with his jab.

I'm sure Manny refocused his jab as the best in the heavyweight division. Knowing such,I'm sure Manny put less emphasis on raw power behind each and every jab,and more focus on consistency.

Do you think Wlad's jab is better PRE Manny,or do you think it's a better weapon now?

My opinion: I actually liked his old use of the jab,as he would shoot it very hard,closlely followed by the straight right down the middle. This also resulted in most of his knockouts.

Now,he uses it as a range finder/timer for his right hand(and obviously STILL uses his jab to keep opponents at bay/honest,albeit with less power).

He's actually a better fighter now,obviously,and Manny has retooled his offense - less focus on the power and more focus on consistency.

I feel that if Wlad put more power in his jab like he used to,he would get some of these guys out of the ring earlier than what they're supposed to be. He would also find way more oppurtunities to land his big right......The longer an opponent is in the ring with Wlad,the more chance they have...Very cliche,but especially in the case of Wlad;True.

Have you noticed a difference in Wlad's use of the jab Pre Manny? What say you?
Leeroy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2007, 11:54 PM   #2
OklahomaHoss
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: Wlad's Jab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroy
Pre Manny Stewart: I've noticed Wlad's jab was closer to his body,and when he threw it,he threw it with more thud/force.

He actually uses the jab more now,than ever before under the tutalige of Manny,although with less intention behind it.

I've also noticed;He paws with it/leaves it in the face of his opponents whereas before,he never used to do this(as much). Still an effective weapon,probably more so now than ever before,given his past history of stamina problems.....He uses his height as his ultimate weapon,therefor he can get away with pawing with his jab.

I'm sure Manny refocused his jab as the best in the heavyweight division. Knowing such,I'm sure Manny put less emphasis on raw power behind each and every jab,and more focus on consistency.

Do you think Wlad's jab is better PRE Manny,or do you think it's a better weapon now?

My opinion: I actually liked his old use of the jab,as he would shoot it very hard,closlely followed by the straight right down the middle. This also resulted in most of his knockouts.

Now,he uses it as a range finder/timer for his right hand(and obviously STILL uses his jab to keep opponents at bay/honest,albeit with less power).

He's actually a better fighter now,obviously,and Manny has retooled his offense - less focus on the power and more focus on consistency.

I feel that if Wlad put more power in his jab like he used to,he would get some of these guys out of the ring earlier than what they're supposed to be. He would also find way more oppurtunities to land his big right......The longer an opponent is in the ring with Wlad,the more chance they have...Very cliche,but especially in the case of Wlad;True.

Have you noticed a difference in Wlad's use of the jab Pre Manny? What say you?

Judging from the way he beat down Brewster in the rematch, I'd say Wlad's jab is practically a power punch. Only Rahman has a better one.
OklahomaHoss is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 11:55 PM   #3
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Wlads jab seems to be the same to me, and if there is a difference its a slight one. Manny has done a wonderful job with Wlad, from clinching when hes hurt to conserving his energy by throwing less power punches in the early rounds.

Without Manny I think Wlad would of surely lost to Sam Peter the first time, and might of gave up boxing all together. While Wlads style is not as exciting as it once was, it is alot more effective and energy conserving than before.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 11:55 PM   #4
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklahomaHoss
Judging from the way he beat down Brewster in the rematch, I'd say Wlad's jab is practically a power punch. Only Rahman has a better one.
I think Wladimir's jab is much better than Rahman's jab which was virtually nonexistent against Taurus Sykes.

The thing with Wladimir now is that he has a better understanding of distance and he doesn't hold his left hand right at his chin, he keeps distance better. His jab, all around now, is more effective as he can seemingly control a fight with it.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2007, 12:23 AM   #5
drvooh
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It's better now
drvooh is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum