Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-12-2007, 07:43 PM   #1
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Evander Holyfield vs Sultan Ibragimov, Old School fighting.

Stylistically this is one of the toughest Heavyweight belt holders Evander Holyfeild could face. Evander Holyfield has came in at his lowest weight for afew years in at 211pounds. People forget Evander Holyfield can box, he has skills. The amount of fighters he has faced, all different styles he was always competitive. Technically Evander Holyfeild is a counter puncher, had the fastest hands in the heavyweight division since Muhammad Ali and a prime Mike Tyson. Evander Holyfeild has had to deal with bigger heavyweights throughout his career, bigger reach, bigger weight. Evander Holyfeild was formerly the undisputed Cruiser Weight champion, and was inspired to move up to heavyweight by Mike Tyson.

Evander Holyfeild can adapt in fights, but to the uneducated boxing fan they would call him a brawler, he had three fights with Riddick Bowe. In the second fight, he fought a totally different technical fight. In and out real quick, speed of movement, and punching in bunches, counter punching with the straight right hand all night.

"He won that rematch, because he has tremendous skills"

George Foreman, he faced him when even Mike Tyson was ducking him. Experts even say the George Foreman of 1990 was a technically better fighter, he shortedned his punches up and learnt how to throw straight accurate punches. Instead of wild wide swinging power punches, in his first career as a heavyweight.

In this up and coming fight, Evander Holyfeild has to use his Jab, and movement. Rack them points up, old school inside fight. Rough this bastard about, Bernard Hopkins style.

"Evander Holyfeild is one the toughest heavyweight in history, in clinches, wrestling, old school inside fighting.

"Butt this guy in the face, open a cut, he has to take this fight into the back alleys, and everybody is scared of 6"2 211 pound black man in a back alley"

Like Bernard Hopkins said before the Felix Trinidad fight. I can fight anyway, boxing match, fight, and if goes into the back alley, i can take it into the back alley"

These fighters can fight anyway, and can beat the younger fighters, simply because they can take fights into the back alley, onto the street.

Ronald Winky Wright vs Bernard Hopkins

Its was the opening rounds, and Ronald Winky Wright thought he could bull Bernard Hopkins and push him back. He came rushing in, and one thing you get taught is to keep your chin down into your chest.

"Winky Wright came rushing in, Bernard Hopkins threw a Jab connected, and followed with his head, butt him in the eye, and cut his ****ing face"

Mike Tyson was another street fighter, he had that dimension to his game. It is skill, it is a professional skill to rough fighters up. Mike Tyson would use elbows, head buts, try to break peoples arms.

"When he met Evander Holyfeild, he met a bigger and badder bully. Mike Tyson tried his tricks on him, tried to butt him came off second best, tried to break his arm in the second fight, and was thrown against the ropes and hit with a right hand"

Evander Holyfeild adapted, and censored out Mike Tyson, and technically bullied him"

Took to the street, old school back alley fighting.

This fight Evander Holyfeild is going to have to box, jab and move and constantly use the movement. And every now and again, step inside and rough the guy up, step on his toes, hit him with uppercuts and butt him in the face.

"Just basically get black on this guy, rough the bastard up, open a cut, leave him stitches"

Last edited by justafan; 07-31-2006 at 01:40 AM.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2007, 07:53 PM   #2
Punisher33
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Evander Holyfield vs Sultan Ibragimov, Old School fighting.

You used black alot, which has nothing to do with anything. I do feel however if Holyfield can use some of his rough house tactics in this fight, he might confuse Iggy into fighting a different kind of fight hes not use to.

I personally think Holyfield wont have enough to do what he wants in the ring against a better technically sound fighter like Iggy, Holyfield in his prime would kill this guy, too bad that was 15 years ago.
Punisher33 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #3
Butch Coolidge
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think Ibragimov will win. My mind says SI will box Holyfield down and stop him around 9. My gut, however, is saying Ibragimov takes out Holy dramatically early, like in one or two rounds.
Butch Coolidge is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 08:06 PM   #4
TRUEBELIEVER 66
Belt holder
ESB Addict

My gut is telling me that this won't go 9 or 10 rounds, both guy's are really gonna rough each other up and go for a KO, Holy has used his head as a battering ram, and potential weapon in the past, Sultan a southpaw will have to keep that in mind, i can see that concrete head splitting open Sultan's dome- i hope he has a good cutman
Also this fight being in Russia if Sultan has Holy hurt will the ref pull the plug early and stop it prematurely? i can't help thinking about what happened months back when Calzaghe, stopped Manfredo, the ref jumped the gun..
TRUEBELIEVER 66 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 09:36 PM   #5
Maineboxing

Funny thing is, I have read a lot of things about Holyfield lately, reporters slamming him, saying his reflexes are shot, he's to old, slow, etc. when actually in his last few fights he's shown fast hands, feet, and excellent reflexes. His chin has held up well (to a monster right from Lou Savarese), his skills look to be intact, he has bounce in his step in the later rounds (most young heavies these days are gassed in a couple rounds), and he's highly motivated. I don't think he's delusional at all, I think he has a real shot in his fight with Sultan. Want to see a shot fighter? Watch Ali-Berbick. Ali was 39, had a glazed look, slurred his words, lacked snap, and balance. Holyfield displays none of those things, he's looked very good in his last few bouts, and from what I have read, looked sharp in camp.
Maineboxing is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 09:54 PM   #6
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2166

For Holyfield to win he needs to fight black?

He needs to fight the blackest of black, like the great Audley Harrison , right jackass.

Your poetry of Audley Harrison was classic, then him getting KTFO. How did it go ," he is black , he's back", blah, blah , blah, ( he is on his back, lol ) .
geppy is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 09:56 PM   #7
dragosuhail
Contender
ESB Senior Member

god damn! holyfield is OLD! he fought lou who is also OLD! that's why he looked okay. seriously folks have got to wake up and realise not matter what a fighter achieved years ago, they cannot simply turn back the clock everytime.

many ATG and HOF figthers have lost badly when they got old. but some "uneducated" fans fail to see it could happen to their fighter

if looking good against maddalone and lou savarese is the signs that he will beat ibragimov then it is the holyfield fans who truly believe he will win, that are the uneducated ones
dragosuhail is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 11:03 PM   #8
Butch Coolidge
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The thing is Savarese and even Bates landed a couple of wicked shots on Holy, wicked enough shots to wobble him, Ibragimov most likely is going to carry a more potent arsenal with him, not only that but Ibragimov is going to be attacking from unconventional angles.

Holyfield coming in at an unusually low weight has me thinking something is up. Maybe the real deal ate a bad meal or has a stomach flu. He might not be at 100% in a fight that requires him to be at his best. He was also conspicously absent from the final presser.
Butch Coolidge is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2007, 12:24 AM   #9
BlueApollo
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Polonium perhaps?

Damnit, here I was all ready to pull the trigger on the over 10.5, and you guys are reminding me of all the valid conspiracy angles...
BlueApollo is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2007, 01:12 AM   #10
The Whaler
My dog be thorough.
ESB Senior Member

Location: n. A place where something is or could be located; a site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geppy
For Holyfield to win he needs to fight black?

He needs to fight the blackest of black, like the great Audley Harrison , right jackass.

Your poetry of Audley Harrison was classic, then him getting KTFO. How did it go ," he is black , he's back", blah, blah , blah, ( he is on his back, lol ) .
Don't hate.

BORKED
The Whaler is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2007, 01:48 AM   #11
2ironmt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

after rewatching sultan vs briggs last night, i have more respect for sultan. although briggs fought a stupid fight, ibragimov showed really good speed and technique. that said i believe if briggs would have mixed it up, pressured and brawled with sultan his power would've been too much. holy doesn't have briggs' power but he has good power and he will take it to sultan all night. i think its a 50/50 proposition. anyone else think sultan's more like 6'0 even judging by his weigh in pictures with holy where he looked quite shorter than holy? not that that'll matter too much.
2ironmt is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2007, 02:15 AM   #12
skier47
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Coolidge
The thing is Savarese and even Bates landed a couple of wicked shots on Holy, wicked enough shots to wobble him, Ibragimov most likely is going to carry a more potent arsenal with him, not only that but Ibragimov is going to be attacking from unconventional angles.

Holyfield coming in at an unusually low weight has me thinking something is up. Maybe the real deal ate a bad meal or has a stomach flu. He might not be at 100% in a fight that requires him to be at his best. He was also conspicously absent from the final presser.
Probably his low bodyweight has more to do with the fact that Holyfield
is no longer juicing. You really think that cruiserweight Evander
suddenly becomes a heavyweight with a physique of a Lee Haney
or Arnold the Terminator almost overnight back in the early nineties?
This guy has been a steroid freak for years which gave him the size
and power to compete at the heavyweight division. Now with the
drug policies and tests well in place and the feds going after the
cheaters like Marion Jones the sprinter and the 350lb-400lb. benc-
presser/boxer Shane Mosley Holyfield can no longer get his fix and
so is back to his original, normal size and fighting weight. He will be
destroyed by the natural, fast and talented heavyweight Sultan
tomorrow.
skier47 is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2007, 02:24 AM   #13
2ironmt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier47
Probably his low bodyweight has more to do with the fact that Holyfield
is no longer juicing. You really think that cruiserweight Evander
suddenly becomes a heavyweight with a physique of a Lee Haney
or Arnold the Terminator almost overnight back in the early nineties?
This guy has been a steroid freak for years which gave him the size
and power to compete at the heavyweight division. Now with the
drug policies and tests well in place and the feds going after the
cheaters like Marion Jones the sprinter and the 350lb-400lb. benc-
presser/boxer Shane Mosley Holyfield can no longer get his fix and
so is back to his original, normal size and fighting weight. He will be
destroyed by the natural, fast and talented heavyweight Sultan
tomorrow.
Not that holy didn't use everything he could get his hands on but to says he's not a legit hw is wrong. a) he's legit 6'2 1/2 b) he was a very powerful cruiserweight who looked than like he could bulk up just a bit and compete at hw. ibrag might well win but doubt he's gonna 'destroy' evander.
2ironmt is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum