peter5
Marco.A.Barrera
ESB Addict

vCash: 1562
Default Re: I would have rather gone out like Morales

[quote=PacDbest]
Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
I posted this before. Both men went out doing what they knew how to do.

Morrales was a fighter who stayed true to his nature, and Barrera was both a boxer and a fighter, and he decided to box.

Probably why Morrales lasted less than 3 rounds.

I dont really get peoples fascination with the way Morrales went out, it was a short, embarrasing night for him in which he essentialy was forced to quit, something he NEVER DOES and which Im sure he hated.

One more time: The object of a fight is to win. Barrera gave himself more of an opportunity to win than Morrales, who wasnt going anywhere with that strategy.[/quote]

MAB knows he's behind on points. Did he ever try to win the fight in the last 3 rds???? I don't think so.. He's just there to survive & earn a Paycheck.
No, I suppose getting KO is the better option!
peter5 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2007, 04:50 PM   #62
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacDbest

MAB knows he's behind on points. Did he ever try to win the fight in the last 3 rds???? I don't think so.. He's just there to survive & earn a Paycheck.
You just wanted him to get KOŽd. Its hard for me to take you seriously here bc I know your posts relate directly back to arguing for an enhanced legacy for your boy.
acb is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 04:59 PM   #63
peter5
Marco.A.Barrera
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb
You just wanted him to get KOŽd. Its hard for me to take you seriously here bc I know your posts relate directly back to arguing for an enhanced legacy for your boy.
His eyes are blinded by pacs nuts!
peter5 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 05:03 PM   #64
peter5
Marco.A.Barrera
ESB Addict

It also shows a lack of respect to say Barrera showed up just for the pay-check!
peter5 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 05:22 PM   #65
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter5
It also shows a lack of respect to say Barrera showed up just for the pay-check!
acb is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 06:09 PM   #66
punchdynamo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I respect MAB as a fighter and he gave us lots of great fights. With that said, I'm not going to remember him for last Saturday's fight. It might even diminish him just a little bit.

Maybe Morales gun slinging with Pac in his last fight wasn't the best game plan. But he showed lot of cajones. Morales never pulled any dirty bitch tactics like MAB did in the 11th after he got rocked and was on his out of there - very dishonorable. I understand that MAB wanted to outbox PAC and not KTFO, but being in the last few rounds of your career and knowing you're far behind, I expected more from him.

And that's what it comes down for me and why I prefer Morales. Even in defeat, Morales stil paid his respect to PAC in a sort of passing of the torch. Sure he got KTFO after three, but at the very least, he admitted PAC was the better fighter.

MAB would never dare such a thing - for any fighter. I remember the way he disrepected Kennedy McKinney after that magnificent fight and how he resorted to excuses the first time he was dismantled by PAC. I don't think he even mentioned PAC in his post fight interviews and went on and on about how he was able to go the full 12. The man is classless and never gives anyone their dues win or lose. I was not suprised at all when he shouted "MEXICO!" at the end of the fight and only got a lukewarm response.

Last edited by punchdynamo; 10-12-2007 at 06:27 PM.
punchdynamo is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 06:24 PM   #67
Ring Master
The Originator
East Side Guru

vCash: 818

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchdynamo
I respect MAB as a fighter and he gave us lots of great fights. With that said, I'm not going to remember him for last Saturday's fight. It might even diminish him just a little bit.

Maybe Morales gun slinging with Pac in his last fight wasn't the best game plan. But he showed lot of cajones. Morales never pulled any dirty bitch tactics like MAB did in the 11th after he got rocked and was on his out of there - very dishonorable. I understand that MAB wanted to outbox PAC and not KTFO, but being in the last few rounds of your career and knowing you're far behind, I expected more from him.

And that's what it comes down for me and why I prefer Morales. Even in defeat, Morales stil paid his respect to PAC in a sort of passing of the torch. Sure he got KTFO after three, but at the very least, he admitted PAC was the better fighter.

MAB would dare such a thing - for any fighter. I remember the way he disrepected Kennedy McKinney after that magnificent fight and how he resorted to excuses the first time he was dismantled by PAC. I don't he even mentioned PAC in his post fight interviews and went on and on about how he was able to go the full 12. The man is classless and never gives anyone their dues win or lose. I was not suprised at all when he shouted "MEXICO!" at the end of the fight and only got a lukewarm response.
No hate, No bias...that's the truth right there, close thread.
Ring Master is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 06:25 PM   #68
Nawfal
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i think barerra would have liked to go out like morales. he just didnt have it in him

and to be fair pacman is a whole nother level
Nawfal is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2007, 06:34 PM   #69
punchdynamo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawfal
i think barerra would have liked to go out like morales. he just didnt have it in him

and to be fair pacman is a whole nother level
I think barerra would have likeed to be as loved as Morales. It's the one thing that Morales holds over him. They're close to evenly matched in everything except for fans.

I actually thought MAB was getting the better of the exchanges in the beginning of the fight, unlike Morales who was just blown away (PAC was on another level as well, people were going crazy about how PAC looked to be at the peak of his prime after that fight). MAB had it in him, it just wasn't his intentions to go out like Morales. Not by a longshot.
punchdynamo is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2007, 03:40 AM   #70
retriever
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1500

MAB didnt earned his last paycheck. Morales did.
retriever is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum