Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 09-24-2007, 11:12 AM   #1
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default The big hole in Lidells game.

The guy never ever attempts to shoot. Therefore he can't even fake the shoot. So someone with good leg kicks like Jardine can throw them all night long as there is no risk of the takedown. Nothing to keep him honest.

Basically if all a guy does is sprawl and brawl he is neglecting like 65% of what MMA is, if you know what I mean. It is basically the ground game that prevents boxers/kick-boxers doing all that well in MMA.

Chuck had a great run of KO's and maybe that went to his head a bit. I mean in his last 2 fights I wouldn't say his stand up was great. He obviously has KO power but for a guy who more or less soley throws fists he'd be a ****ty boxer.

With hindsight Jardine always had the style to give Chuck trouble. Good kicks on the outside and quite strong/durable on the inside. Chuck seems to have gone into his last 2 fights with no gameplan he just thinks he'll tap them on the chin and it'll all be over. No-one EVER in the history of combat sports has gotten away with that attitude.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2007, 11:48 AM   #2
Duende
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 942
Default Re: The big hole in Lidells game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BULLY
The guy never ever attempts to shoot. Therefore he can't even fake the shoot. So someone with good leg kicks like Jardine can throw them all night long as there is no risk of the takedown. Nothing to keep him honest.

Basically if all a guy does is sprawl and brawl he is neglecting like 65% of what MMA is, if you know what I mean. It is basically the ground game that prevents boxers/kick-boxers doing all that well in MMA.

Chuck had a great run of KO's and maybe that went to his head a bit. I mean in his last 2 fights I wouldn't say his stand up was great. He obviously has KO power but for a guy who more or less soley throws fists he'd be a ****ty boxer.

With hindsight Jardine always had the style to give Chuck trouble. Good kicks on the outside and quite strong/durable on the inside. Chuck seems to have gone into his last 2 fights with no gameplan he just thinks he'll tap them on the chin and it'll all be over. No-one EVER in the history of combat sports has gotten away with that attitude.
Good observation. Only shoot a few times to keep your opponents guessing seems like a good thing to do. It's the same with Crocop, people know he's not going to the ground and therefore can kick without worrying about the take-down. Chuck should definately work on ground and pound, cause he's very strong on the ground(i.e. against Couture and Ortiz just standing up whenever he felt like it) and he has KO power. It would definately add to his game.
Duende is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2007, 11:54 PM   #3
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 166

is the the start of the the end for the iceman?
theunderdog is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 12:20 AM   #4
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

I agree he has become to predictable, barely even kicks anymore, that's why I bet on him to loose to Rampage, because Rampage can take a lickin and It would take more than a shot or 2 to take out Rampage. and against jardine, Keith came in with a gameplan and worked it out exactly as planned, and when Chuck doesn't get the easy KO he is basically lost.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 11:06 PM   #5
oblate
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

i actually put money on jardine. i wish i would have put more. chuck was koing a lot of guys but his latest ko's have been against wrestlers. It was interesting to see jardine just leg kicking him all day long when back in the day if you guys remeber chuck vs monson that was what chuck was doing.
oblate is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2007, 11:13 PM   #6
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

Chuck simply had no answer for the leg kicks, he was waiting for Jardine to fall down for him and when he didn't he lsot his confidence
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 04:26 AM   #7
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Chuck looked like an ok boxer who had never seen anything but punches before. It was ridiculous. He fought so dumb. He blocked maybe 2 leg kicks and barely did anything but punch.

In times like this Liddell should shoot for the waist, the man can wrestle.

He wasn't fighting his fight, he should be boxing but Jardine wouldn't oblige him by coming forward.

Chuck has some fights where he thinks he can just ko guys. He needs to rematch Jardine immediately and fight smarter.

Shows you how hard Houston hits.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2007, 10:15 AM   #8
Club Fighter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: Bronx, New York, USA, North America, Earth, Milky Way
vCash: 1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
Chuck looked like an ok boxer who had never seen anything but punches before. It was ridiculous. He fought so dumb. He blocked maybe 2 leg kicks and barely did anything but punch.

In times like this Liddell should shoot for the waist, the man can wrestle.

He wasn't fighting his fight, he should be boxing but Jardine wouldn't oblige him by coming forward.

Chuck has some fights where he thinks he can just ko guys. He needs to rematch Jardine immediately and fight smarter.

Shows you how hard Houston hits.
Also shows you that Houston has some ***** and he's not about to let the other guy execute his gameplan. Chuck allowed Jardine to get comfortable and not for one second did he think about attempting to do anything to throw Jardine off his rhythm. Houston didn't even allow Jardine to establish a rhythm. He just said I'm takin' this punk out . . . and now! Chuck deserved the loss. If this was baseball I'd send Chuck down to the minors. I'd tell him to come back once he learns how to throw strikes (no pun intended). ****in' Chuck is spending too much time allowing Dana to blow smoke up his ass and gettin' punk'd on TV. That's causing him to ironically get punk'd in his fights.
Club Fighter is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 04:30 PM   #9
thebrodstar
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I think Chuck is just metally tired. I was seriously shocked that Jardine won. I haven't been impressed by Jardine at all. I am even willing to bet that if he rematched Forrest the outcome would be quite different, and I am not saying that because Forrest beat Shogun, I was saying that as soon as Forrest went down. I think Jardine just happened to get a lucky combo in.

I could be totally wrong but that how I feel. Wither way Jardine has a hard road ahead of him, I wish him the best!!!!!
thebrodstar is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 05:09 PM   #10
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

I think he's a bad matchup for Rampage, Rampage has good enough standup to stand with him until he takes him down and ground and pounds him. I give Forrest a better chance against Rampage.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 06:10 PM   #11
thebrodstar
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX
I think he's a bad matchup for Rampage, Rampage has good enough standup to stand with him until he takes him down and ground and pounds him. I give Forrest a better chance against Rampage.
Yeah I agree, I wonder how either of them would do against Jackson, he is one tough *******. I wonder if there would be a stoppage or would wither fighter take Jackson through the whole 5 rounds, it will be interesting to see.
thebrodstar is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2007, 04:59 AM   #12
dwilson

vCash:

The big hole in his game is that in his previos two fights he was ****ting himself with the fought of getting hit. He looked like a twelve year old watching the exorcist in the Rampage fight.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:55 PM   #13
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrodstar
Yeah I agree, I wonder how either of them would do against Jackson, he is one tough *******. I wonder if there would be a stoppage or would wither fighter take Jackson through the whole 5 rounds, it will be interesting to see.
Jackson is Rampage, unless I'm misunderstanding you and you are wondering how Chuck would do against Rampage. If thats the case, watch either of their 2 fights.
Beebs is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum