Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 01-26-2010, 06:05 AM   #91
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1151
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Skelton had his good fights in 2008 against Chagaev and Vidoz. However, the fight with Rogie in 2009 was the beginning of the end, I believe. Rogie broke his spirit. Skelton looked very disinterested in his last fight with Pianeta. He was there for the paycheck only.

So, I am disappointed with the last developments. I think that Platov would have been a better test for Pulev since he is still hungry contrary to Skelton. I do not expect much of Skelton even though he is very experienced. I guess Skelton will show up for another paycheck.

Pulev should stop Skelton if he wants to make a statement. People will compare his performance with the one Pianeta put a few months ago.

Welcome to the board, kirilpp!
Ivo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2010, 06:56 AM   #92
kirilpp

vCash: 500

Thanks Ivo, I'm happy to see that there are a lot of bulgarian boxing fans here. I think that the whole Pulev training strategy for the fight has changed. Does someone know how Pulev train, who is his sparring partner and so on?
kirilpp is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2010, 10:52 AM   #93
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I guess our member Chauncy knows more about this because he said that he had been sparring with Pulev/watching him against other fighters. He posted this information on the previous page, kirilpp.
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2010, 10:53 AM   #94
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
Skelton had his good fights in 2008 against Chagaev and Vidoz. However, the fight with Rogie in 2009 was the beginning of the end, I believe. Rogie broke his spirit. Skelton looked very disinterested in his last fight with Pianeta. He was there for the paycheck only.

So, I am disappointed with the last developments. I think that Platov would have been a better test for Pulev since he is still hungry contrary to Skelton. I do not expect much of Skelton even though he is very experienced. I guess Skelton will show up for another paycheck.

Pulev should stop Skelton if he wants to make a statement. People will compare his performance with the one Pianeta put a few months ago.

Welcome to the board, kirilpp!
Pulev should do much better than Pianeta, better technical base plus greater talent equals more impressive victory.
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2010, 03:45 PM   #95
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Tough fight for a young pro with 5 pro fights. If he wins it will be impressive. Pulev has talent and they must believe in him
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2010, 12:16 AM   #96
ogii3
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Pulev is favorit in the bookies - Bet-at-home gives him 1,23 for win, Skelton is 4.00 and the draw 25.00.
On the weight in Pulev 109,5 kg, Matt - 115. Their match will be third in the card and is not included in ARD live transmition. It's very possible to be showed on delay if the main event finished earlier. However we have also Helenius- Brewster and Murat's 12 rounder. The Germans (resp. ARD) will also have better interest in Gerber - Dettweiler local derby.

If everythink will be ok for Pulev, his next match will be on 13 March at "Max Schmeling hall" in Berlin with headliners there - Marco Huck defense and warm up fight for Povetkin
ogii3 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2010, 02:25 PM   #97
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict

vCash: 4450

Kubrat defeated Skelton by 4th round TKO.

I didn't even know the Platov fight was off. What happened??
Funny 'cause one poster here said the fight vs Platov won't happen 'cause Platov fights never happen.. damn was he right
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2010, 02:50 PM   #98
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxeo#1 View Post
Kubrat defeated Skelton by 4th round TKO.

I didn't even know the Platov fight was off. What happened??
Funny 'cause one poster here said the fight vs Platov won't happen 'cause Platov fights never happen.. damn was he right
Fantastic!

Skelton ain't what he once was, but it is a fine feather in his cap for his fifth fight.

Kubrat is for real.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #99
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 103

Very, very impressive win for a guy who turned pro only four months ago. Pulev has begun his pro career in ausipcious fashion.
kenmore is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2010, 03:30 PM   #100
Forensic Scene
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

He knocked down Skelton, who barely beat the count, at which point the fight was waved off.
Forensic Scene is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2010, 04:15 PM   #101
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

Good win for Pulev but Skelton should now retire.
ishy is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2010, 06:24 PM   #102
kirilpp

I've posted a link with video from the fight in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by kirilpp; 02-01-2010 at 07:23 AM.
kirilpp is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2010, 03:28 AM   #103
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

He has a really good future...............
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2010, 07:34 AM   #104
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It is a very good win for Pulev. He had some time in the first time. Afterwards, he was in complete control. Very nice left to the body. I guess some of my thoughts about Skelton's current condition were correct. Yet, it is very impressive.

I am looking forward to his next fight in March 13. It is good that Sauerland keeps him busy. Another 1-2 fights and he may be on Bulgarian TV.
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 02-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #105
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncy View Post
Personally, I think his power is good. He sets up his shots nicely and is very accurate.
His right hand is sharp, and his left hook is very sneaky. His jab is awkward too. Kinda just keeps it out there in your face, then when you try to hit him here comes the hook right combo.
So altogether to answer your question, he isnt the biggest hitter but will knock some good fighters out.
I would put his power on par with Helenius.
Welcome to the board Mr. Welliver. The thing about Pulev, is he's a lot longer and taller than Chagaev's, Povetkin's, and Ibragimov's who made their mark. While I do not think Pulev hits as hard or takes as good as a punch as these three, I do think he is the hardest man to out point in a boxing sense of the bunch.
Mendoza is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum