Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-14-2007, 06:20 AM   #1
jimmy1991
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default mouth grauds

have you guys tryed the double mouth gaurds?, just woudering. What do u guys wear?
jimmy1991 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
silvy_chris
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: mouth grauds

i just have 1 @ the top
silvy_chris is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 09:08 AM   #3
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythejet
have you guys tryed the double mouth gaurds?, just woudering. What do u guys wear?
I have a double, never had any different. I guess I got used to it, but I'm gonna switch to a 1 peice.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 12:57 PM   #4
gregsid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I never tried a 2 piece, I've always used a one piece from the beginning. But from I've heard from people in my gym who use them, they said it's very hard to breath in compared to the one piece and the protection it offers it literally no different.
gregsid is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 09:13 PM   #5
Little_Mac
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I have a one piece and I like it, it works just fine. I've heard the same things about two pieces as gredsid, they're harder to breathe out of and offer no more protection.

Has anyone tried those super form-fitted ones you can get at the dentist's for like $30? i heard those were supposed to be good.
Little_Mac is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2007, 09:34 PM   #6
Filmnpuck
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsid
I never tried a 2 piece, I've always used a one piece from the beginning. But from I've heard from people in my gym who use them, they said it's very hard to breath in compared to the one piece and the protection it offers it literally no different.
I've only used a two-piece, and I've heard the same thing regarding being able to breathe. I've never had to much trouble with them, and I like that I can bite down and still breathe through the hole. Can you breathe through your mouth at all with a one-piece? Seems like you'd have to do all your breathing through your nose with a one-piece, that or leave your jaw open.
Filmnpuck is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2007, 01:20 AM   #7
gregsid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmnpuck
I've only used a two-piece, and I've heard the same thing regarding being able to breathe. I've never had to much trouble with them, and I like that I can bite down and still breathe through the hole. Can you breathe through your mouth at all with a one-piece? Seems like you'd have to do all your breathing through your nose with a one-piece, that or leave your jaw open.
Well, it might be only me, but I have an over bite so I can keep my mouth clenched and still have a big hole to breath through like normal.
gregsid is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2007, 02:05 AM   #8
jimmy1991
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Mac
I have a one piece and I like it, it works just fine. I've heard the same things about two pieces as gredsid, they're harder to breathe out of and offer no more protection.

Has anyone tried those super form-fitted ones you can get at the dentist's for like $30? i heard those were supposed to be good.
yer i really want to get one of them but them they coast heaps i live in australia an of got prices around $180, at one place they said $300 **** that
Old 10-15-2007, 02:50 AM   #9
gregsid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythejet
yer i really want to get one of them but them they coast heaps i live in australia an of got prices around $180, at one place they said $300 **** that
Why would anyone spend that much on a mouth guard?
$5-10 is all you need and should spend on a mouth piece. I've used the same $10 piece for the past 8 years.
gregsid is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2007, 07:04 AM   #10
jimmy1991
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Why would anyone spend that much on a mouth guard?
$5-10 is all you need and should spend on a mouth piece. I've used the same $10 piece for the past 8 years.
yer thats y iam not getting one i had a really good one that coast me $7 an i left in at a fight, so i went out an got this $30 one an its shit
Old 10-15-2007, 06:52 PM   #11
Filmnpuck
Journeyman

Quote:
Well, it might be only me, but I have an over bite so I can keep my mouth clenched and still have a big hole to breath through like normal.
I may as well give a one-piece a shot, not like it's going to cost me a ton of money.
Filmnpuck is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2007, 10:31 PM   #12
gallagher430
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I have a double, wasn't very expensive. I tend to bite down pretty hard once I get tired and I think its better for that, plus I can breath through my mouth with my jaw closed down. Sucks for drinking water in between sparing rounds though, I have to take it out every time and that gets pretty annoying.
gallagher430 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing