Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 02-02-2010, 02:32 AM   #106
kirilpp

vCash: 500
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
Another 1-2 fights and he may be on Bulgarian TV.
You are joking right ?
kirilpp is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2010, 02:33 AM   #107
ogii3
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Next match will be on 20 February in Belgium. Opponent TBA, but will not be some strong name as previous three. Pulev, as he said in interviews in Bulgaria, will travel to Belgium just 2-3 days before the fight. He will stay in his homecountry to prepare until then.
Sauerland events has another big gala on 13 March and he probably will be there as well. That means 2 matches in 6 weeks for him.
ogii3 is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2010, 03:20 AM   #108
chauncy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
Welcome to the board Mr. Welliver. The thing about Pulev, is he's a lot longer and taller than Chagaev's, Povetkin's, and Ibragimov's who made their mark. While I do not think Pulev hits as hard or takes as good as a punch as these three, I do think he is the hardest man to out point in a boxing sense of the bunch.
Agreed. Pulev is very smart, and I have also sparred Chugaev, and he is very good, but doesn't quite set up his combinations the same Pulev. Thats were Pulev will do great, setting his opponents up for the ko. Most guys just look for it. He set it up and plants everything and is very accurate.
I think this guy will go far.
chauncy is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2010, 04:25 AM   #109
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1151

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirilpp View Post
You are joking right ?
Yes, I am joking but I am also pissed that Bulgarian TV channels do not broadcast Pulev fights (with a small exception of his debut and the second fight as far as I remember). I can easily watch his fights without our TV channels but it is hard and even impossible for the regular sports fan in Bulgaria. Thus boxing loses popularity in Bulgaria.
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2010, 04:30 AM   #110
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncy View Post
Agreed. Pulev is very smart, and I have also sparred Chugaev, and he is very good, but doesn't quite set up his combinations the same Pulev. Thats were Pulev will do great, setting his opponents up for the ko. Most guys just look for it. He set it up and plants everything and is very accurate.
It is very interesting to read your thoughts on Pulev, chauncy! I really appreciate that you are sharing those things here. Thank you!
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2010, 05:15 AM   #111
kirilpp

Quote:
Yes, I am joking but I am also pissed that Bulgarian TV channels do not broadcast Pulev fights (with a small exception of his debut and the second fight as far as I remember). I can easily watch his fights without our TV channels but it is hard and even impossible for the regular sports fan in Bulgaria. Thus boxing loses popularity in Bulgaria.
I've probabbly missed the second fight ot Pulev against Serdar Uysal, on our Bulgarian tv channels, and can't find it nowhere. Does someone have a link? Because you speak about boxing popularity in Bulgaria, I'm happy surprised that RING.BG TV broadcast records of big boxing events, almost every night at 23:00 o'clock. They also broadcast live Valuev - Haye, but skipped Pulev-Oloukin

Last edited by kirilpp; 03-15-2010 at 04:59 AM.
kirilpp is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #112
chauncy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
It is very interesting to read your thoughts on Pulev, chauncy! I really appreciate that you are sharing those things here. Thank you!
Anytime
chauncy is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2010, 05:38 PM   #113
dominic1234
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 382

He's fighting Isossa Mondo(3-2) on the 20th of Feb and Danny Batchelder(25-7-1) on the 13th of March.
dominic1234 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2010, 09:52 PM   #114
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominic1234 View Post
He's fighting Isossa Mondo(3-2) on the 20th of Feb and Danny Batchelder(25-7-1) on the 13th of March.
Wow. I mean, these guys are a step down, but just the frequency with which he is fighting.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #115
kirilpp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
Wow. I mean, these guys are a step down, but just the frequency with which he is fighting.
Yesterday Pulev won against Isossa Mondo with RTD 3 [8]. Has someone watched that fight, to share any details?
kirilpp is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2010, 07:14 AM   #116
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Maybe someone from Belgium watched it? Was that event broadcasted?
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2010, 05:45 PM   #117
ogii3
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Another classy win !!! Pretty Sure will enter in Top 25 of Boxrec's ranks and for sure must enter in Top 15 in some of the recognized ranks.
ogii3 is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2010, 06:13 PM   #118
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncy View Post
When Kubrat first went pro word was the he didn't have much power but he seems to have shown some good pop, Page (i believe) said he was shocked at how strong Pulev was and today the account i read said he landed a massive shot on Batcherfield and showed good power.

Does he have some decent power?
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2010, 09:34 AM   #119
ogii3
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I just saw the fight. Was a one punch - upercut to the chin. Batchelder's legs couldn't resist and went down. He stand up before 10, but didn't look in condititon to continue the fight. The American started in very fast tempo and was working well in the first, but seems to get respected after some of Kubrat's shots.
Pulev put up some weights to his body. During his amateur days he was 4-5 kg lighter.
ogii3 is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2010, 12:31 PM   #120
kirilpp

I guess someone from boxpress is going to upload the fight somewhere in internet. Yes I think Kubrat put up around 2kg on every next fight
kirilpp is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum