Old 02-02-2010, 06:08 AM   #16
jigsawigsaw
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kevin Mitchell public work out 06.02.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
public workouts are very good for big fights,it gives the public a small idea how hard boxers train and they also get a chance to speak to them and get there autograph,small things like this inspires young and old alike.good luck to kevin i hope he has a big year in 2010

cheers Billy Nelson, its a good point you make about how hard fighters train. I myself have been involved in all sport all my life, and hand on heart boxing is the most difficult discipline. Ive only ever done a bit of pad work and some circuit trainning and I can tell you I was put to shame. Boxing is a sport that the media and general public need to get behind, poor tv coverage from the likes of the BBC is not helping the boxers who train so hard with the coverage they get and the respect they should have.
jigsawigsaw is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2010, 08:38 AM   #17
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsawigsaw View Post
cheers Billy Nelson, its a good point you make about how hard fighters train. I myself have been involved in all sport all my life, and hand on heart boxing is the most difficult discipline. Ive only ever done a bit of pad work and some circuit trainning and I can tell you I was put to shame. Boxing is a sport that the media and general public need to get behind, poor tv coverage from the likes of the BBC is not helping the boxers who train so hard with the coverage they get and the respect they should have.
the wages football players get compared to fighters is a disgrace and i agree with you the BBC should get behind boxing with frank ****** who promotes the some of britains top talent,this would allow some great domestic match ups to be made and produce good veiwing for the public.COME ON THE BBC GIVE THE PUBLIC WHAT THEY WANT!!!!!!!
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2010, 11:48 AM   #18
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Stick it on the radio kev.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 02-02-2010, 01:43 PM   #19
Kid Lucky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

How about saying that Kevin's opening a new Ikea there - I seem to remember Londoners going mental when one was open before and piling up there and fighting in their droves although they probably said they were going to the 'Chris Rea' or something.
Kid Lucky is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2010, 04:38 AM   #20
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

The money football players generate for their clubs is so large that they genuinely do deserve there fair share of it IMO - regardless of how big the wages are.

Won't be able to make Saturday which is a shame as i'd have liked to have come
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2010, 05:08 AM   #21
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post
The money football players generate for their clubs is so large that they genuinely do deserve there fair share of it IMO - regardless of how big the wages are.

Won't be able to make Saturday which is a shame as i'd have liked to have come
i take your point dan,what i meant was the training and sacrifices a boxer makes greatly outweigh a football players and i think because of that the diffrence in wages is to great.after all you can hide to an extent in a football team and blame others for a defeat you cant in boxing.**** it boxing rules ha ha
Old 02-03-2010, 05:12 AM   #22
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841

Quote:
after all you can hide to an extent in a football team and blame others for a defeat you cant in boxing.**** it boxing rules ha ha

Unless you are an Hatton...****ing air con, Mayweather, Graham, bent refs allowing dirty tactics, bent home town refs in Stoke....
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2010, 05:21 AM   #23
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Yep totally agree mate. If I had it my way boxers would be paid more I was just saying (Using United as an example)

We play at Old Trafford 19 times per season (without Cup matches). Each ticket is at least 35 and it holds 77,000 which is full capacity every game sometimes twice a week. That means United get around 2.7m in just ticket sales per Premier League match and sometimes that amount twice in a week. Plus advertising deals, merchandising, the boxes and whatever we generate in ticket sales for Cup Matches, Friendlies and TV rights then the players are right to gain a small fortune considering thats who the fans go to see.

The only way boxers would get anywhere near that at a lower level is if 'ticket sellers' were put on the same bill together every other week and/or were huge TV personalities. The TV personality angle isn't going to work as terrestrial TV in this country does not take notice of the sport at a lower level and by the time a fighter has got to the 'Ricky Hatton' level in the Mainstream media they're already in massive contracts with SKY thus alienating themselves and the sport from the general Sports Fan who doesn't want to pay 15 when they already pay 10 for the sports package ONTOP of what they pay for Sky in the first place.
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2010, 07:21 AM   #24
SILVIO_DANTE
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The amount of money involved in football worldwide, or in the uk, makes boxing look like pocket change. So of course footballers are going to be much more highly paid - as a proportion of the revenue they generate they are still not even making THAT much money.

If you want boxers to make more dough, you need to create more public interest & PPV buys. The problem is as well is with how boxing is set-up - salaries depend on PPV etc. but that's a whole different story.

Just read Dan's post ^^^, what he said.
SILVIO_DANTE is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2010, 09:45 AM   #25
MagicMan91
The Main Event Mafia
ESB Addict

vCash: 179

I'll try and make it, any chance of a spar?
MagicMan91 is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #26
alfi balboa
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

cant see many folk turning up to that in all fairness...mitchell is so over rated, i would shut my blinds if the cunt was training in my garden.
alfi balboa is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #27
ryanm8655
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3731

Quote:
i take your point dan,what i meant was the training and sacrifices a boxer makes greatly outweigh a football players and i think because of that the diffrence in wages is to great.after all you can hide to an extent in a football team and blame others for a defeat you cant in boxing.**** it boxing rules ha ha
I wouldn't agree with that. Footballers have to stay in shape all year round, they have to follow the strict diets, train every day just like a boxer does. Plus you have the media probing you 24/7.

Not saying that justifies the wage difference but I just disagreed with your point.
ryanm8655 is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2010, 05:59 PM   #28
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanm8655 View Post
I wouldn't agree with that. Footballers have to stay in shape all year round, they have to follow the strict diets, train every day just like a boxer does. Plus you have the media probing you 24/7.

Not saying that justifies the wage difference but I just disagreed with your point.
what a typical world champion may earn some footballer earns in a week,football players dont train a fraction as hard as boxers,go to a pro gym ryan and you will see my point for yourself

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum