Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-23-2009, 05:42 AM   #76
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: ESB Classic Forum All-Time Rankings by Division (Lightweights Updated-December 8)

Jeff M will probably attest to Valero beating every Lightweight that makes the list
Flea Man is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #77
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250
Default Re: ESB Classic Forum All-Time Rankings by Division (Lightweights Updated-December 8)

Rummy, any idea what the deadline for bantamweights might end up being once that survey kicks off?
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2010, 10:41 PM   #78
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

inthe alltime lightweight poll of ESB,I would put Benny Leonard NO I, because he dominated the lightweight division for 7 years, against the strongest challengers in the history of the division. Duran ,I would place along with Ike Williams, and Tony Canzoneri, NO 2 and 3, with Joe Gans, great fighter of the long ago past in the mix....But for ESB poll ,putting Pernell Whitaker NO4 is ludercrous...For example, Henry Armstrong, or a young, volume punching Beau Jack [who I saw many times],wouldsimply overwhelm Whitaker. Pernell could only dodge so many bullets, before his luck would run out...I would also bet the ranch that Shane Mosely as lightweight would whip Whitaker.....
burt bienstock is offline  Top
Old 02-03-2010, 11:41 PM   #79
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt bienstock View Post
inthe alltime lightweight poll of ESB,I would put Benny Leonard NO I, because he dominated the lightweight division for 7 years, against the strongest challengers in the history of the division. Duran ,I would place along with Ike Williams, and Tony Canzoneri, NO 2 and 3, with Joe Gans, great fighter of the long ago past in the mix....But for ESB poll ,putting Pernell Whitaker NO4 is ludercrous...For example, Henry Armstrong, or a young, volume punching Beau Jack [who I saw many times],wouldsimply overwhelm Whitaker. Pernell could only dodge so many bullets, before his luck would run out...I would also bet the ranch that Shane Mosely as lightweight would whip Whitaker.....
Good for yoooouuuu!
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 02-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #80
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt bienstock View Post

I agree with that Burt. I have the lighweights ranked about the same. I also think Armstrong would be too much for Pea W. as high as I rate him among modern fighters. Shane may be getting up there in age but if he get in good form and pulls one out of the past he will give Floyd a good match. Shane takes more chances than Floyd. However I like shane at 130-147, I think 154 is not where he does his best work although he did great vs Margarito
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 02-07-2010, 08:20 PM   #81
Brian123
ESB WORLD CHAMPION
ESB Senior Member

Ali is too high-as usual! Good list though.

Bob Fitzsimmons is a little low but he jumped around in weight so much, P4P he is top 3 all-time imo.
Brian123 is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2010, 08:51 AM   #82
Pachilles
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian123 View Post
Ali is too high-as usual! Good list though.

Bob Fitzsimmons is a little low but he jumped around in weight so much, P4P he is top 3 all-time imo.
Duran Duran, Duran Greb Duran, Jeffries Langford Langford. Duran Greb Dempsey, Duran Dempsey Dempsey Fitz Langford Fitz...
Pachilles is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #83
enquirer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Whats wrong with you boy?
Dont you know 'duran duran' is the greatest band of them all?
enquirer is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #84
Pachilles
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by enquirer View Post
Whats wrong with you boy?
Dont you know 'duran duran' is the greatest band of them all?
I've been picking up the language, i now speak classic

oh and did you know Duran Duran have a song called Palomino
Old 02-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #85
enquirer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

What about missy elliots 'hoya hoya'? PACPACPAC,PAC it in....LEt me begin.....JUMP around....
enquirer is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #86
Pachilles
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by enquirer View Post
What about missy elliots 'hoya hoya'? PACPACPAC,PAC it in....LEt me begin.....JUMP around....
Pacquiao would knock the absolute living **** out of Duran at 140lbs. He'd overwhelm him with his superior speed and punch output. Then after 4 rounds he would break his nose with a straight left. Seeing his own blood Duran would exclaim "No mas, senor Pacquiao, no mas!" and quit like a bitch, AGAIN! Pac has too much heart for Duran, he is a quitter, he quit.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:07 AM   #87
enquirer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pac was knocked out clean boyo by a flyweight,and barely got past JMM... He also lost to a 130er in eric....
enquirer is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2010, 12:11 AM   #88
cross_trainer
Bergeron Avatar Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachilles View Post
Pac has too much heart for Duran, he is a quitter, he quit.
But surely not a quitting quitter who quit?
cross_trainer is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2010, 12:29 PM   #89
Jersey Joe
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 975
Default Re: ESB Classic Forum All-Time Rankings by Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Yea the fact hes achieved more than Dempsey/Frazier/Foreman is irrelevant as is the likelyhood he'd walk through Marciano/Johnson/Frazier/Dempsey within a round
So James Tillis and Mitch Green can last the distance with prime Tyson, yet Marciano, Johnson, Frazier and Dempsey can't even last one round? You do realise that some of the journeymen he fought in his first 15 fights lasted more than one round, right? Perhaps you could explain why 4 hall of fame heavyweight champsions who defended their belts repeatedly would do so much worse than the contenders, journeymen, and bums that Tyson fought before he won the championship.
Jersey Joe is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #90
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248
Default Re: ESB Classic Forum All-Time Rankings by Division (Featherweights Updated-February

I still believe if you put all those guys in a 10x10 room, I'd put my money on Joe Frazier being the last man standing.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum