Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 02-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #121
cool-cat
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 625
Default Re: Nutrition for boxing

take a pack lunch with healthy foods like fruit good sources of carbs and proteins
cool-cat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2010, 12:09 PM   #122
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
Correct, it's been discussed in this thread as well. They have been blast frozen shortly after harvest, preserving nearly all the nutrients.
yeah and EU pricing policys has resulted in mountains of veg remaining in storage for sometimes up to a year before being sold in supermarkets, during this time a lot of vitamin loss would occur, i dont really like how frozen veg gets kinda soggy, i just buy fresh veg from a small veg and fruit shop, **** buying that tesco stuff that could of been lying idle for months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locnott View Post
Anyone currently use a jucer ?
If so, what do you think about it?
very good imo, eating veg can actually take a while especially when not cooked for ages and if you are in a rush you can just **** all your veg thats left from the week and turns it into a liquid that you can just throw down the hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wow_junky View Post
Hi all,

I need a few tips on gaining weight - I'm 6'2 and 140lbs and never seem to put an ounce on no matter how much I eat.

I work in an office so find it hard to eat decent food regularly as recommended on the first page - does anyone have any tips for decent food that I can eat throughout the day (i.e. at my desk) that isn't crisps or chocolate?

Cheers

calorie surplus = weight gain

you need to eat more my friend

btw is your name paul
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #123
suckay singh
Journeyman

vCash: 1000

Any tips of vegetable smoothies? Good combinations or with fruit?
suckay singh is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #124
ricardoparker93
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 5403

What is you guys opinions on creatine and weight gainers? I know Pac takes a variety of 'supplements' does anyone know what that includes? No PED jokes :L
ricardoparker93 is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2010, 06:02 PM   #125
wow_junky
Retired
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 887

No it's Dan do I sound like a Paul you know?

I've got a rough plan now for weight gain, 7 easy meals for the day. I need to sort out portion sizes though;

1. Toast or porridge at breakfast - 7am
2. Smoothie at work - 9am
3. Sandwiches - 11.30am
4. Pasta at lunch - 2pm
5. Soup - 4pm
6. Evening meal - 7pm
7. Snack before bed (toast or smoothie) - 11pm

Sound decent enough?
wow_junky is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2010, 05:00 AM   #126
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by uefull View Post
i lke to eat boiled eggs.

is eating 2 boiled eggs 3 or 4 times a week to much????

i know they are high in colestreoel but i train 3 or 4 times a week. am i burning it off??
just take out the yellow part if your worried about the fat in them, the egg white is pure protein

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckay singh View Post
Any tips of vegetable smoothies? Good combinations or with fruit?
smoothies should really just be made with fruit, a juicer is a different thing to a blender , if you buy a juicer there is usually a recipe book on good juice ****tails to make up but as with everything just do trial and error and find your favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardoparker93 View Post
What is you guys opinions on creatine and weight gainers? I know Pac takes a variety of 'supplements' does anyone know what that includes? No PED jokes :L
i believe ariza has pac taking quite a few supplements (im not on about PED's btw) i dont have a clue what they are but creatine definately wouldnt be one of them, creatine has been proven to affect an athletes stamina and really just used for bodybuilding or hypertrophy. i like weight gainers though, straight after i train when driving home i have a shake of weight gainer, its perfect as it usually consists of everything you need directly after a session, carbs protein, some vitamins and minerals and amino's, its glycaemic index is also high so you can start replenishing your blood sugar levels pretty quickly, be careful some weight gainers have creatine in them

Quote:
Originally Posted by wow_junky View Post
No it's Dan do I sound like a Paul you know?

I've got a rough plan now for weight gain, 7 easy meals for the day. I need to sort out portion sizes though;

1. Toast or porridge at breakfast - 7am
2. Smoothie at work - 9am
3. Sandwiches - 11.30am
4. Pasta at lunch - 2pm
5. Soup - 4pm
6. Evening meal - 7pm
7. Snack before bed (toast or smoothie) - 11pm

Sound decent enough?
your 6'2 140 you sound like paul williams

if your looking to gain weight id probably put even more calories on there than you have, you seem to be missing a lot of protein so add 50 more grams of protein per day, try get 70 to 80 per day in total, try eggs for breakfast, throw some protein powder into your smoothie, have a tuna sandwich etc etc

but yeah it sounds very decent compared to what you said you were doing, one last thing your last meal is too late try keep 2 hours between each meal so have your snack before bed at half 8 or 9, if you eat at 11 you will struggle to sleep until 1 or 2 if you eat carbs especially high glycaemic carbs
Old 02-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #127
masterold
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

sorry if this is a stupid question guys...

if i make a smoothie at night and keep it in the fridge and drink it in the morning will it keep all it's vitamins/ nutrients etc?
masterold is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #128
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterold View Post
sorry if this is a stupid question guys...

if i make a smoothie at night and keep it in the fridge and drink it in the morning will it keep all it's vitamins/ nutrients etc?
im pretty sure 10 hours will not lead to much vitamin loss, however i did hear someone mention before that fruit in a smoothie can go nasty after a certain amount of time, i think they were on about the taste and texture of the fruit, as for vitamin loss its not even worth worrying about ( im not fully sure though so check it up if you want)
Old 02-09-2010, 01:44 PM   #129
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by uefull View Post
i lke to eat boiled eggs.

is eating 2 boiled eggs 3 or 4 times a week to much????

i know they are high in colestreoel but i train 3 or 4 times a week. am i burning it off??
No!! Eating cholesterol does not raise your cholesterol. You can eat as many eggs as you want. The yolk contains ALL the nutrients, and half the protein. Fat should not be avoided anyway, so throwing away the yolk is good for absolutely nothing. An egg only contains about 5 grams of fat anyway, that's a whopping 45 kcal. In other words nothing. Eggs are an excellent natural food item, throwing part of them away or avoiding them is silly.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #130
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 05:52 PM   #131
PugilistStudent
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
No!! Eating cholesterol does not raise your cholesterol. You can eat as many eggs as you want. The yolk contains ALL the nutrients, and half the protein. Fat should not be avoided anyway, so throwing away the yolk is good for absolutely nothing. An egg only contains about 5 grams of fat anyway, that's a whopping 45 kcal. In other words nothing. Eggs are an excellent natural food item, throwing part of them away or avoiding them is silly.
thats good to know, I was thinking of using a bit of the bottled egg whites in my omelets from time to time to lessen the cholesterol a bit.
PugilistStudent is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2010, 06:25 PM   #132
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugilistStudent View Post
thats good to know, I was thinking of using a bit of the bottled egg whites in my omelets from time to time to lessen the cholesterol a bit.
the cholesterol in the yoke is not the same as "bad cholesterol" in the body.

Eat it all its good
doylexxx is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 01:42 AM   #133
gilly
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

excellent thred & comments guys,good to refresh the mind.
ok my question is..should i take any supplements.. if so what?
i eat pretty good,not exstreamly strict,i should start having some of those smoothies but i eat balanced & 5 times a day.
i am a amuter boxer turning pro & i train hard 6 days a week.my weight is good but dont what to move up in weight & with all the training i do i think i need something to help get more out of my workout/muscle recovery ect. please help.
gilly is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2010, 07:45 AM   #134
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841

Great thread. Long time since I read it so thanks again guys.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2010, 10:54 PM   #135
ripper13
Contender
ESB Senior Member

hey guys, I'm from the Philippines and I'm trying to lose weight. My question is since rice is a staple in our diet (I eat about 4 cups a day), can I keep it or do I have to replace it with bread or such? Im doing boxing to lose weight and I felt weak when I tried replacing rice with bread or such, but maybe after some time I'll get used to it. Thoughts? Sorry if its a dumb question but I've only recently started to mind my diet so I really am clueless about this.
ripper13 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing