Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-21-2010, 07:12 AM   #16
Trenaman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Primetime website updated. Showing Dirrell vs Abraham, Froch and Wlad

Was it always going to be Primetime, was there ever a dialog with other companies does anyone know? I wonder if Kessler had one against Ward weather it would have been picked up by Sky?
Trenaman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2010, 07:45 AM   #17
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Primetime website updated. Showing Dirrell vs Abraham, Froch and Wlad

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAC View Post
Its nice to hear you say that Steve.

I hope Richie harbours no ill will against you, y'know after you tore him a new one over his calling of the Rees - Kotelnik fight
I remember that. Bunce said something like, 'you don't know anything about boxing if you think that about that fight'. TBH, Anyone could have forgiven Woodhall for turning round right then and saying, 'where's your bronze and world championship, Steve? You are a fan like everyone watching at home'.

Steve, any chance you can get some info on whether Primetime actually care about making this channel available to people on other networks other than Sky who actually want to subscribe? Thanks.
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2010, 07:47 AM   #18
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

That was a fair kop on the Rees fight though, Richie was way off.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2010, 08:04 AM   #19
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
That was a fair kop on the Rees fight though, Richie was way off.
Yeah, he had it even going into the last didn't he? (that or Kotelnik only one point ahead), even though it was obvious to all and sundry that Kotelnik had boxed ten shades of shit out of the overmatched Rees.
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2010, 08:05 AM   #20
Bunce
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Richie and Rawling and ******'s radio team were all leading each other into fantasy land that night and were sitting too close to each other - I think that the so called experts on ******'s radio had Rees in front!!!
I like Rees but it was a virtual shut out and when I went back on air I told all of them they were wrong - not just Richie.
I've been told on air by McGuigan, Hart and Maloney that I should never be allowed to talk about a fight again! I've taken the abuse because I've got thick and fat skin and the fact remains that everybody that night got it wrong...well, nearly everybody: I was right!!!
Richie is the best co-commentator in the business by a million miles and I've told the people at Primetime that he is the best.

Adios.
Bunce is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2010, 08:08 AM   #21
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

I'm undecided on buying AA-Dirrell. I know it's only 5.95, but I really am tight on cash, and I'm not entirely sure whether I trust Primetime yet after the mess with the Froch v Dirrell fight. Plus this will undoubtedly be the most boring fight of the tournament.
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2010, 08:16 AM   #22
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunce View Post
Richie and Rawling and ******'s radio team were all leading each other into fantasy land that night and were sitting too close to each other - I think that the so called experts on ******'s radio had Rees in front!!!
I like Rees but it was a virtual shut out and when I went back on air I told all of them they were wrong - not just Richie.
I've been told on air by McGuigan, Hart and Maloney that I should never be allowed to talk about a fight again! I've taken the abuse because I've got thick and fat skin and the fact remains that everybody that night got it wrong...well, nearly everybody: I was right!!!
Richie is the best co-commentator in the business by a million miles and I've told the people at Primetime that he is the best.

Adios.

Fair dos, Buncey. I honestly couldn't remember what was said, but I remembered the post-fight tiff between the pair of you. Hopefully he will get a job at Primetime, though, as he is fantastic on the mic. Him and Rawling were awesome on Setanta and they definately should be paired-up again.

I thought the coverage Primetime put together last time was fantastic. I'd just like to be able to subscribe via TV this time.
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2010, 08:19 AM   #23
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Richie and Rawling and ******'s radio team were all leading each other into fantasy land that night and were sitting too close to each other .
I think a similar thing happens sometimes in our round by round threads. We all get in one mindset how the fight is going and next thing we are screaming "robbery" when the judges disagree with us.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2010, 08:35 AM   #24
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
I think a similar thing happens sometimes in our round by round threads. We all get in one mindset how the fight is going and next thing we are screaming "robbery" when the judges disagree with us.
oi!?! we are the experts
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2010, 08:37 AM   #25
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOM5153 View Post
oi!?! we are the experts
We are self appointed experts, which isn't saying much really!!!
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2010, 08:44 AM   #26
mugen82
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfer_Words View Post
Fair dos, Buncey. I honestly couldn't remember what was said, but I remembered the post-fight tiff between the pair of you. Hopefully he will get a job at Primetime, though, as he is fantastic on the mic. Him and Rawling were awesome on Setanta and they definately should be paired-up again.

I thought the coverage Primetime put together last time was fantastic. I'd just like to be able to subscribe via TV this time.
I didnt think it was that much of a tiff, Buncey had his opinion (which was the right one), and Richie respected that, and his rueful smile gave him away lol from Richie's point of view, he was simply calling the fight from a home fighters perspective, and Gavin Rees did work Kotelniks body something else in that fight lol
mugen82 is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2010, 11:22 AM   #27
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

Quote:
Chambers wiil try, trust me.

Adios.
Yeah, it's whether he is good enough to do anything.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2010, 03:08 AM   #28
antcull
Champion
East Side Guru

They should have done a package for all 3 fights at a lower price....might have drawn a few more in.

I'm guessing Froch-Kessler will have a 15 price tag which wont be good, i think it will be a good fight but there will be no worthwhlie undercard
antcull is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2010, 05:01 AM   #29
Bunce
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Antcull - you are right. If I'm in the team I will make this as a serious suggestion.

Adios.
Bunce is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2010, 05:42 AM   #30
PaddyD1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 324

As much as I love the fact that someone has picked this up, they really need to sort out a platform for this to be available on Virgin. One of two things will happen, I'll either go round to a mates house or end up finding it on the internet.

Either way, they wont be getting my money unless it's available on Virgin. I'm not switching to sky just for this.
PaddyD1983 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum